Thread: 1999 Miata -OEM+, Dual Purpose

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts

1999 Miata -OEM+, Dual Purpose

$8000 obo
    1999 Miata, 178k, 5sp, 4.3 Torsen. VIN #JM1NB3539X0130020
    This is a very good "OEM +" dual purpose car.
    Southern car (SC, AL, GA). I bought the car in November of ‘17 with 160k. It is Chaste White.

Originally a tan interior car with Hard S suspension, I installed new red carpet, insulation, black dash (NOT painted), LS instrumentation and trim. Factory Mazdaspeed seats, sill trim.

In my ownership, the following has been completed:

*Timing belt, waterpump, idler pulley, cam seals, crank seal, ACC belts.
    *Cooling system was refreshed and upgraded with all new OE hoses (ALL hoses, including the little ones), t-stat.
    *CSF aluminum dual core radiator, t-stat, and cap. Garage Star radiator panel installed.
    *Tub interior was cleaned when the interior was stripped, new heater core installed.
    *The AC system was refurbished in ‘19; new evaporator, evap valve, condenser, drier, and all seals replaced. System was evacuated, pressure tested, and recharged professionally by RaceWorks in Milton.
    *The ignition has plug and play COPs from Fab9, factory stock ignition in working order in storage (coils, wires). Spark plugs are iridium NGKs.
    * 949Racing Xida Club Sport coilovers with 550/350.
    * FM 1” front bar, MAZDASPEED factory rear bar. RacingBeat front swaybar mounting blocks, 5X Racing rear swaybar bushings. 949Racing heim links on both F&R swaybars.
    * Rear control arms have P/U bushings and zerk fittings
    * Alignment by GTE last week.
    * 15x8 949Racing 6ULs with brand new Continental ECS tires (205/50-15). 949Racing forged aluminum lugs.
    * 949Racing braided stainless brake lines on all four corners.
    * New reman calipers on all corners since I bought the car, slides and guides religiously maintained. * Powerstop Trackday spec pads, front rotors and pads new this month. Motul RBF 660 flush this month.
    * Mazdacomp rubber engine mounts in ‘19.
    * 2001 exhaust manifold, 2.375” Cobalt midpipe and cat, both O2 sensors in’18.
    * Racingbeat Powerpulse rear section.
    * No droning, no codes, car passes emissions without issue every year.
    * Underside of transmission tunnel lined in DEI heat shielding or comfort. Factory exhaust manifold heat shields retained.
    * New clutch master, slave, 949Racing braided clutch line in ‘18.
    * Shifter rebuilt in ‘18; internal bushings, wave washers, boots.
    * Clutch hydraulics flushed this month with Motul RBF 660.
    * New fuel pump, fuel sock, fuel filter pump assembly tank seal and filler hose replaced in ‘19.
    * Bethania Garage M2HDHCDD hard top version rollbar with SFI moulded padding and cover.
    * R*Speed powdercoated valve cover in ‘19.
    * New cam and crank sensors at the same time to have known working spares on hand.
    * Beatrush/Mazdaspeed front strut tower brace.
    * Intake manifold service done in ‘20. Tanked, cleaned, resealed with OEM metal gaskets. Fuel injectors seals and isolators also done as preventative maintenance. Billet catch can mounted and plumbed at that time too.
    * Cappuccino washer fluid reservoir mounted in cowl with new tubing and updated sprayers in ‘20.
    * New Centric Premium front hubs, new rear hubs and NTN rear bearings in ‘19. Also rear seals and ARP extended length, bullet nose studs installed during this time.
    * Energy differential bushings and axle seals in ‘18.
    * Racingbeat cold air intake, filter replaced with AEM dry filter in ‘20.
    * All fluids and oils replaced since I have owned it with premium synthetics.
    * The car has AC, perfectly working cruise control, power windows. It has a beautiful canvas softtop. The Chrystal White hardtop that could use some updating but fits and seals perfectly.
    * Rebuilt ALL the latches in ’20 with OE parts, they land, engage, and lock perfectly.
    * Alpine ILX-W650 head unit and Alpine KYA-450 amplifier installed in ‘21. Handsfree call, Apple CarPlay, works with Siri beautifully.
    * IPhone cord routed under center console, terminates in console cubby.
    * ROAV HD dashcam mounted discreetly behind rear view mirror, has bump sensor activation, hardwired into car. WIFI payback and storage function through smartphone for recording tracktime or commute.
    * Fresh battery last month, trunk is water tight, no signs of acid denigration in battery well.
    * Spare tire and jack are in place.

Body shows dings, chips normal for a 21 yo car with this mileage. Paint thoroughly cleaned and detailed annually, car is kept in an insulated garage. I am an honest seller and veteran Miata owner (multiple Miatas over 20 years), outstanding reputation in the Miata community. Please don’t send me ridiculous offers, I wouldn’t wish to waste your time.

Additional pictures of the various repairs and maintenance can be found here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...I4rH8GkJBlchbQ

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kung fu jesus For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (06-16-2021),HarryB (06-16-2021),IlyiaZakira (06-16-2021),MaRcOp01o (06-16-2021)

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift HarryB's Avatar
    Drives
    '04 Strato Blue NB2
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,273 Times in 1,330 Posts
    Sad to see this go, one of my favorite examples out there. GLWS!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HarryB For This Useful Post:

kung fu jesus (06-16-2021),MiataQuest (06-16-2021)

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,545 Posts
    I've seen Miata rust buckets sell for that price lately. It would take an additional small fortune to get one up to your Miata's specs.

No todo que es oro brilla.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Agent☣Orange For This Useful Post:

atlex (06-16-2021),kung fu jesus (06-16-2021),MaRcOp01o (06-16-2021)

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    SOLD!!!

Went to a great home, has a super low-mileage NA as a stablemate. This is the best feel-good story of the summer!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kung fu jesus For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (06-16-2021),dnaha (06-26-2021),Martin (06-17-2021)

Mod Squad
    Drives
    2016 Ceramic GT
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,452 Times in 1,353 Posts
    Congrats to you and the buyer

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martin For This Useful Post:

IlyiaZakira (06-18-2021),kung fu jesus (06-17-2021)

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! lifebyevan's Avatar
    Drives
    Mahogony Mica '00 Special Edition NB1
    Thanks Given
    What an awesome car to watch you build. I’m glad it has gone off to a good home! I’m excited to see what you will do next

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Hyper's Avatar
    Drives
    Black NB Miata
    Thanks Given
    Congratulations on your sale. NBs are being sold for over 10k here in Miami. They have go up in price drastically high some msm in the 15k range

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Mostly the clean NB Special Editions and MSMs are fetching low-mid 5 figures in ATL. Some of the cleaner LSx and LFx NBs are 20-30k.