Thread: What should I expect to pay to get a top painted/wrapped/etc?

Drives
    Black NB1
    Thanks Given

What should I expect to pay to get a top painted/wrapped/etc?

Hey guys!

I recently purchased a NA/NB fiberglass top from CCP Fabrication and I'm looking to get it painted/painted/re-gelcoated prior to building and installing it. I've gone through a couple quotes for vinyl wrap in my area, only really larger, bigger name shops and so far have hit a brick wall. One shop went AWOL after I replied with what I'm looking to do, the other quoted me $950, which seems pretty astronomical given it's not a big top and I'm not asking for the world.

For reference, the goal is to have the top done in the largest metal flake gold I possibly can - My car is an LS in black with a tan top, so I'm looking to keep the black and gold look going but really make it pop with giant metal flake. I was considering contacting a boat repair place to get a quote on getting it gel-coated in a massive metal flake gel coat like they use on bass boats, but vinyl is attractive since it (should) be the cheapest of the options and lets me color match any vinyl stripe work I do in the future. Paint is definitely an option, but seems like it'd probably be the most intensive and expensive option given what I'm looking for.

A lot of the data I've found so far isn't really all that current on what the cost should be to wrap/paint/etc our hardtops...guess more than anything, my question is: what have others have paid recently, especially for vinyl work, on a miata hardtop?

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,518 Times in 4,641 Posts
    Welcome to the forum!!

If you are going to just wrap it maybe try Redline Design here in the Tampa Area. They are here in Tampa and all they do is wraps. But honestly be it paint or wrap everything has doubled in price since 2020, im in the construction industry and all of our product cost have double and tripled, its nuts.

Redline Design
    http://redlinedesign.tv/

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phatmiata For This Useful Post:

00Sixty7 (03-15-2023),HarryB (03-04-2023)