Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chris' Honda Accord Sport Mk7

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power hoodedreeper's Avatar
    Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    It never rains but it pours, but in this case its pouring out of the coolant expansion tank!

I noticed the bottom of the expansion tank was slightly moist, my initial thought was the hose clip was starting to fail. Upon further inspection, the side outlet had snapped off.

To get me home from work I did a tempory fix by drilling the tank slightly bigger and glued a piece of copper brake pipe onto the tank. I could have just retrieved the broken piece out from the rubber hose and glued that on, but I didn't think of that at the time.

A replacement (used) expansion tank was purchased and fitted. This one had evidence of the plastic starting to stress in the same area, so to reinforce it I applied some JB weld.

It was in dire need of a clean, I forgot the wheels were actually silver and not brown

'Bad Luck Club' seems to sum this car up pretty well

I've been having issues with selecting gears, they had become very notchy. A double pump of the pedal and it would be marginally better but still not great, which seems to point to a hydraulic issue.

I ordered in a new (TRW) slave cylinder but due to a lack of spare time and needing to get it fixed asap, I dropped the car off to a garage (one of my customers at work). I received a phone call an hour or so later to say the slave cylinder was replaced but gear selection was still the same. All the car needed was a minor adjustment on the clutch master cylinder at the pedal, something I failed to do once I initially fitted it, doh!

I now have smoother gear selection (its still not 100% smooth, but I'm putting that down to worn syncros and gear cables). The pedal is also much lighter and the biting point isn't an inch off the floor.

So nothing exciting to report I'm afraid, just a couple of small jobs. The car is now approaching 160k and I think most mechanical parts have now been replaced *cries*

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power hoodedreeper's Avatar
    Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    Not much has happened leading upto the past couple of days. The gearbox oil got changed, this time I used genuine fluid.

Someone on the Facebook Owners Group was looking for some Work Emotions, I ended up selling mine along with the spacers and transfered the tyres back over to the Civic FN2 wheels

With the recent purchase of the 323F V6 the Accord has to go. I took it to a scratch and shine hand car wash ready to take some photos for the advert, it scrubs up quite well! It's certainly been a few months since it was last washed, infact I don't think it was washed throughout the entire winter, oops!

I normally dread using Facebook marketplace, mainly due to the large amounts of idiots and time wasters. I even went as far as creating a walk around video for Youtube and a 50+ photo album, trying to be as transparant as possible.

30 minutes later I get a message saying he can come view it today and will be with me in 20mins. He drives past my work most days and has always liked the car. A short test drive later and he agrees to buy it. It must be the quickest sale I've ever had.

I'm kinda glad to see it gone, despite the countless headaches and set backs it was a very comfortable car and a nice drive.

I dont think the new owner will have it long, he seems to chop and change cars quite often so don't be surprised if you see it back on marketplace soon haha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12