Thread: Chris' Honda Accord Sport Mk7

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power hoodedreeper's Avatar
    Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given

Chris' Honda Accord Sport Mk7

You may have seen my latest post on my MX5 NC1 build thread, the R34 has a couple of large bills coming up and unfortunately the MX5 has to go to free up some money.

Which means I'll need a new daily driver. At first I told myself I didn't care what it was as long as it was cheap to run, easy to work on and can save me money. Trawling through the typical selling sites, I just couldn't find something that wasn't either a complete rot box, had bad MOT history or had already sold.

My expectations are always too high when buying a used car, so having to lower them to buy a car sub £1500 was going to be tricky.

I came across the Honda Accord Mk7 and remembered it was almost a year to the day that I was researching the K24 variant as a replacement for the Colt CZT. I had a few friends who had previously owned the 2.2 i-cdti model and they had nothing but good things to say about it.

I came across a blue saloon for sale locally, myself and a friend headed over to take a look. The car was MOT'd 3 weeks ago, I think the tester must have been blind, or was it more like this...

It needed 4 new tyres, anti roll bar bushes, drop links, rear discs and pads, the handbrake didn't work. He claimed the car was serviced every 10k, but the last stamp in the book was 12k ago and the oil was black on the minimum (I understand diesel cars can blacken the oil quicker than petrol). He also failed the mention the damage to the bodywork, cracked headlight and door mirror, lacquer peel on the spoiler etc etc

He declined my offer and we drove off, dodging that bullet.

Speaking to one of said friends who had previously owned one, when he mentions his old grey Saloon is currently for sale. I messaged the seller and arranged to view it the following day.

My friend came with me again (he's a mechanic and MOT tester which certainly helps) and he pointed out a few things that needed attention. I threw in an offer and we agreed on a price.

Honda Accord Sport
    2006 Registered
    2.2 i-cdti

Half leather
    Satnav/6 CD changer
    Aircon (needs a regas)

When my friend Daniel owned the car he installed BC Coilovers and Civic FN2 Type R wheels which were still fitted.

The headlights need a good restoration and I'm unsure whether to remove or replace the universal lip on the bumper

Luckily ride comfort hasn't been compromised too much, its just the right balance

Someone had installed a cheap dashcam and reverse camera at some point. The reverse camera didn't work, upon removing the boot lid carpet the signal wire wasn't spliced into the bulb harness. I did this and it still didn't work so I'll rip it all out.

Not much to say about the engine bay except it needs a good clean. I noticed a sub wire there but couldnt see anything else, so I'll remove that too. There's also some silly little things that need sorting like the missing battery clamp, trim clips missing etc.

Probably the longest intro for an average diesel saloon car but hey ho nevermind lol

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (04-25-2023),atank (04-26-2023),MaRcOp01o (05-02-2023)