Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314

Thread: Nugget-The '94 Miata

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,332 Posts
    I am excited to see this run in person at AMP.

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift theothersawyer's Avatar
    Drives
    1994 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,498 Times in 734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B View Post
    awesome. Always cool to hear Miatas still taking abuse.

Also stoked on that race truck. Does it have chevy colorado wheels on it??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The truck is sadly being parted and sold. I’m unsure what the wheels are off of. The truck had a “built” motor and it was put together terribly, so it seized. No problem, the PO also had a stock motor with 70k miles they gave them. NOPE! Also “built” and would fail as well if driven. Cutting losses and finding another champ car was the smart decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsingson View Post
    I am excited to see this run in person at AMP.
    I can’t wait to get back out to AMP! Especially with a bunch of Miatas!

Drives
    1994 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    This one has been a long time coming, but it makes me a bit sad. I feel like the Autokonexion bumper on my car has always made it unique. The only time I've ever seen another person with this bumper was at Miatapalooza on one of V8Roadster's cars.

I loved this bumper. When the bumper first came out, I was in high school and I was broke. There was no way I was every going to be able to afford one, but I set one of the renderings of the bumper as the background on my phone as motivation to somehow make it happen. One of the members on the local forum bought one well he decided to go a different direction and wanted a stock bumper! This was perfect! So I traded my stock bumper for his Autokonexion Adore NA/NC bumper! Fantastic!

So I traded my bumper plus cash for his Autokonexion bumper! I now had the bumper I dreamed of, but no money to paint it! I drove around for a very long time like this...

Eventually I saved up enough money to get it painted.

Painted the lower portion black.

Ended up hitting a tire tread and broke the lower portion. You can sort of see it here next to my sisters old car.

I then cut out the entire lower portion since it was broken.

Added fog lights! The mounting was interesting, since the bumper didn't have all the nice stock mounting points that the NC bumper has for the fogs.

I ended up hitting ANOTHER tire tread (probably the 3rd or 4th one by this time) and it caused the fog light to pop out. I never got around to fixing it, since it never wanted to fit right again after that.

Then this is the most recent photos with the bumper still on from the recent track day.

As you can see the bumper had seen some damage from rock chips and tire treads over the years. It looks decent in that last picture because I literally spray painted the bumper before the track day, just so you couldn't see the rock chips in the photos!

After the track day I went to Miatastuff's (Somehow my first ever purchase from him after all these years!!) and picked up a nice stock red bumper. Also picked up the bumper support, air guide, hardware, and mounting points. All things I haven't had on this bumper.
    U

Here is the damage the bumper had seen over the years.

Notice that wonderful spray painting?

Also added this nice LRB Speed undertray since I now had stock mounting points again! First time running an undertray in like 6 years.

And very very stock now...It is actually growing on me a lot! The Home Depot lip wont be on long. I plan on doing an R-Package lip with a splitter and turn buckles.

I'm slightly sad about it, but at the same time I'm not. It is definitely for the better, and the looks are really growing on me! I'll make it look more aggressive soon!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to theothersawyer For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (07-02-2018),kung fu jesus (07-02-2018),MiataQuest (09-25-2019),RotorNutFD3S (07-05-2018),Tee (07-03-2018)

Drives
    1994 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Alright, I'm sitting in a hotel in Dayton Ohio for work, so this is the perfect time to update this thread. I have nothing else to do!

So a few weeks back I went out to Charlotte Motor Speedway to drive the Roval. Since the last time I was there, they added two chicanes. One on the front straight and one on the back straight. They were extremely fun! The front straight was a bit challenging at first, but once I got it figured it out was awesome!

Spenser (a member from a bmw forum I’m on)came out and rode along most of the day! I hope you learned something or at the very least just enjoyed yourself! Thanks for coming out and it was great to meet you!

Random rolling shot I took of my brother-in-laws Raptor on the way to Charlotte. It was a struggle to take this shot. I was basically taking a selfie with a DSLR while driving 70mph....not advised, but the road was empty and I had everything under control!

On to pictures! Thanks to Tradd's Photos for the shots!

I need to change up that front lip, but it works for now!

Money shot!!!

Night time!

I still need to upload my GoPro footage, I haven't even looked at it yet! Hopefully I have the footage of Spenser laughing like a little girl when I went on two wheels! The GoPro may have died by then though!

Charlotte was on a Saturday and then I went to Atlanta Motorsports Park on that Thursday! It was....wet!!!
    I don't have any pictures of my car on track, but I have some photos I took of everyone else!

This event was a Miata event for everyone going to the Miatas at the Gap.

My brother-in-law saying "hello"

The boss mans car! (This is James car, he is the Jzilla in Jzilla Trackdays!) This livery is inspired by a BMW M1!

I want to build an Exocet one day!

It was slightly wet!

Videos will come later whenever I decide to go through them! I love taking GoPro footage, but hate going through it!

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to theothersawyer For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (08-16-2018),HarryB (08-14-2018),kung fu jesus (08-13-2018),MiataQuest (08-13-2018),MX5Wisher (08-14-2018),RotorNutFD3S (08-14-2018),tsingson (08-13-2018)

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift HarryB's Avatar
    Drives
    '04 Strato Blue NB2
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,273 Times in 1,330 Posts
    Certainly looks like fun! Wet trackdays may not be the fastest, but are certainly a good time!

Drives
    1994 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryB View Post
    Certainly looks like fun! Wet trackdays may not be the fastest, but are certainly a good time!
    Oh it was a blast! Much easier to drive at the “limit.” Just now the limit is much lower due to the tires!

Drives
    1994 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    A few months back I went to Charlotte and ran the Roval again. Anthony came out again this year and he came out for a ride. Chadbee Photography got this awesome shot of us. Unfortunately shortly after this photo, I ran over some metal piece and put a nice big hole in my tire! Thankfully the awesome Jzilla family helped me out with some spare wheels and I was able to drive the car back home!

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to theothersawyer For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (09-25-2019),Martin (09-25-2019),MiataQuest (09-25-2019),Slampen (09-25-2019),tsingson (09-25-2019)

Mod Squad
    Drives
    2016 Ceramic GT
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,452 Times in 1,353 Posts
    That looks like so much fun

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    I can still hear that noise. I seriously thought you hit one of your side splitters. It was awesome riding in this. Also funny watching the one guy get black flagged three times.

Drives
    1994 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by tsingson View Post
    I can still hear that noise. I seriously thought you hit one of your side splitters. It was awesome riding in this. Also funny watching the one guy get black flagged three times.
    It was so loud and such a weird noise. It sounded like there was something in the wheel well and then when the sound disappeared I thought it flew out. It was strange! The piece that was inside the tire was HUGE about 3"-4" long. I still have no idea what it was.

Glad you enjoyed riding along! It was great to see you again, and I'm sure I'll see you next year with the new configuration of the track....again!

Some people just don't look out for flags, unfortunately!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to theothersawyer For This Useful Post:

tsingson (09-26-2019)

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Yeah, nobody knew what it was. Definitely looking forward to next year because I do have plans to come down to your neck of the woods.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here!
    Drives
    Miata Classic Red 1997 w/Tan interior
    Thanks Given
    The night footage from Charlotte looked soooooooooooo cool!!!!!!!!!!!!! It must have felt it too!!!

Drives
    1994 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by CLZinn2 View Post
    The night footage from Charlotte looked soooooooooooo cool!!!!!!!!!!!!! It must have felt it too!!!
    Oh it is pretty wild! It becomes an entirely new track! It is amazing how different everything looks at night!

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by CLZinn2 View Post
    It was sticky butt cheeks hot. I believe Ethan (SigmaX) and I went through 12 gatorades total. Crazy hot.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314