Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    Well done! Thanks for posting this!

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Blueiii's Avatar
    Drives
    '91 Red (aka "Camber")
    Thanks Given
    Like this idea! MR FTW.

One suggestion. . . could we update the list to include the MR.Net approved sponsor (with the lowest price if more than one) and a link to their site? This would be good for the MR sponsors business and (possibly) promote some competition?

I'd love to know which sponsor offers the lowest shipped price on Koni Yellows - it would encourage me to buy from a sponsor (instead of searching Ebay, where I know I can get a set of 4 for $550. I'd prefer to support our sponsors if I can.
    2012: Purchased Miata, Laid off 3 days later. 4th place overall (default!), NWOR SCCA (RTR)
    2013: Budget RTR build, massive increase in participation, 3rd place overall, NWOR SCCA (RTR)
    2014: Suspension and more active competition in STS. 3rd place overall, NWOR SCCA
    2015: Time for some "form" and vintage styling (while still racing NWOR, of course).

Check out my Miata Journal: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....-miata-journal

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! xjdesertfox's Avatar
    Drives
    1995 Black Base package.
    Thanks Given
    Blueii. I believe rspeed is at about the same price on koni yellows.

I also don't think its a good idea to post which sponsors offer the lowest price, some of our sponsors compete with each other, and we can't promote one sponsor over another, that wouldn't be fair.
    Follow me as I build a Canyon/Track car on a college budget. -----> CLICK ME

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! vindi49's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 V Limited
    Thanks Given
    Great list, thanks! Need to look into this a bit more and find out about the Fat Cat offering vs the Xida ones... I'll also try to add in some of the UK offerings if I can work out a conversion into dollars!

Russell.

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone concealer404's Avatar
    Drives
    1990 Mazda MXSex GT Tarbo - faster than what you've got.
    Thanks Given
    I'll see if i can get the Cusco pricing and post it in here.

Blitz ZZ-R - $1460
    Cusco Comp-S - $1025
    Cusco Sport Zero-1 (Rubber mounts) - $1325
    Cusco Sport Zero-1 (Pillowball) - $1550
    Cusco Sport Zero-2E (rubber) - $1630
    Cusco Sport Zero-2E (pillowball) - $1875
    KTS SC System Beta - $1085
    Last edited by concealer404; 07-10-2012 at 04:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
    One thing I’ve noticed over the years is that if you drive into London at 6am, half of the cars on the roads are Porsches and Astons. Whereas if you go in at ten to nine, they’re all Renaults. Simple solution, then. You want a nice car? Get up earlier and do more work.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! xjdesertfox's Avatar
    Drives
    1995 Black Base package.
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by vindi49 View Post
    Great list, thanks! Need to look into this a bit more and find out about the Fat Cat offering vs the Xida ones...
    Russell.
    This is a good read. I myself am biased to the xida's. I'll be ordering my set this week hopefully.

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=400842

This is also a good post by BritishGreenMachine
    Well a simple comparision should help you pick. Assuming you are considering either xida club sports or FCM non adjustables are they are within the same price range ill give you a quick comparison.

Xida clubsport

-great valving by one of the fastest miata owners in the country.

-Adjustable to various springs and driving conditions (rain, balance understeer oversteer, change of spring rate, etc)

-Extremly light aluminum body paired up with lightest and arguable most linear springs on the market "hypercoil")

-Stroke length that exceeed suspension travel so you will never bottom out the syspension which is a very harsh experience when it happens. (imagine you suspension stroke hitting a brick wall)

-option to upgrade to dual, even triple adjustable.

-AST shock which in terms of quality is superb.

-damping range soft as nb bilstien on the low end to harsh as double the rate of tien flexs on the high end. This alows the user adjust which way they want to comprise their suspension, more towards handling, or more towards comfort. And if you dont like a setting it takes a minute or 2 to change.

FCM fixed damping

-great damping valved by fellow miata enthusiast, with many positive reviews on this board.

-non adjustable in this price range, but damping allows +-100 lbs in spring rate.

-heavy steel shock oem length shock, either heavy QA1 or eibach springs.

-stroke length that works great with car is barely lowered (12.75 front, 13 rear) but ne lower you start running out of stroke. Car is prone to hitting bumpstops and not allowing suspension enough travel to function properly.

-able to upgrade to single and dual adjustable.

-Bilstein quality which is known to be precise, and durable.

Colesnotes for those that do not want to read the novel I wrote below
    I have owed FCM's and consider them great coilovers, but in the end I have chosen to purchase Xida Clubsports as I believe they pack more bang for buck

A lil more in depth about both companies:

I can tell you that I have personaly owned a set of FCM's and sadly had to sell them due to financial reason at the time. I had to wait ten years and 11 months before I finaly recieved my shocks (well...maybe an exageration but it did take Shaik 3 months to finaly deliver my shocks. Though through the entire time he always answered questions I had, and then some so I consider customer serivice top notch if your willing to wait X amount of months for your shock. Once I recieved the shock I was very pleased. I order FCM's in 550/350 flavour. They were everything people ragged about, very comfortable, great handling, and beefy design. I also upgraded to swift springs which cut down some unsprung weight, and gave the springs a bit more linear feel. Overall I was very happy untill I realized I didnt like how high the stance was, and also the 550/350 was a lil on the soft side more my iron butt. It took the car just a millsecond more then I liked to settle down in turns, which is in no fault of the FCM shocks, just my choice in spring rate. As for the ride height, when I tried to lower the car to where I like its looks (12.25 and 12.5) the shocks became much harsher over big bumps because it would bottom out, and the limited travel made the ride bouncy as the shock didnt have enough travel to work. So to my dismay I went back to 12.75 and 13 to get the shock working well again. Overall very good product, but given what I wanted, and at the same time ran into debt, I had to let them go. If not for the debt I probably would have kept them but it made the choice easier as I wasnt fully satisfied with the product.

In terms of Emillio;s customer service, after I solved my financial problems I decided I wanted top notch coilovers again and purchased some xida-s coilovers. The next day I called emillio to ask him when wil my coilovers arrive. To my suprise Emillio told me when but then fired a question back and asked if I knew his clubsports are coming out. I almost thought I was going crazy because here I am with full payment made a day ago on xida-s coils and emilio is questioning if the purchase is right for me. After talking to emillio about the small drawbacks yet huge saving of xida clubsports I asked for a refund. I really appreciated the fact that emilio didnt just try to push some expensive part down my throat but instead did the opposite and told me to save my money. On top of that for the next 20-30min emilio went through everything from ride height, to tire temps, to alignment, to damping settings explaining to me how to to get the most out of my xida clubsports once they become available. For me to get a even better understanding he provided me with several links so I can further my knowledge in the subject. So when you buy a product from 949 emilio tries not only to sell you a part, but make sure you understand how to use it to its full capability. This business moto and the excelent bang for buck punch that the clubsports pack is the reason why I plan to purchase them.
    Follow me as I build a Canyon/Track car on a college budget. -----> CLICK ME

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! vindi49's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 V Limited
    Thanks Given
    Add ons
    Ebay coilover perches - $45
    FM Springs - $250
    QA1 Springs ~$160
    Ground Control Sleeves - $400
    Nb top hats - $100/set
    ISC top hats - $82/pair
    FM Top hats - $263/pair

Shocks/Coilovers

Used OEM shocks - $75
    Raceland - $320
    KYB AGX - $350
    Rokkors - $360
    Bilstein sport - $450
    Tokico Illumina - $550
    Koni yellow - $550
    Function/Form/Topspeed - $560
    Megan EZ streets - $650
    Tein Basis - $650
    FM Vmaxx - $695
    Megan Streets - $800
    Tein Street Advance - $860
    FM Xtreme - $895
    BC Racing - $940
    Meister R Zeta-S - $965
    Performance 5 SportDrive - $1000
    Gaz Gold Pro - $1000
    Cusco Comp-S - $1025
    KTS SC System Beta - $1085
    DGR Street-$1099
    Fortune Auto 500 Series - $1100
    HSD HR - $1140
    Stance GR+ - $1150
    DGR Track-$1199
    Tein Flex - $1300
    Cusco Sport Zero-1 (Rubber mounts) - $1325
    Fortune Auto 510 Series - $1400
    Bilstein PSS9 - $1400
    JIC FLT Twins - $1450
    KW Varient 1 - $1450
    Blitz ZZ-R - $1460
    Cusco Sport Zero-1 (Pillowball) - $1550
    Tein Monoflex - $1600
    Cusco Sport Zero-2E (rubber) - $1630
    Fat Cat Motorsports Elite Coilovers - $1727 (NC version is $2127)
    Cusco Sport Zero-2E (pillowball) - $1875
    Xida CS - $1900
    FM Afco Coilovers - $2000
    Xida CS + helpers - $2160
    Ohlins DFV - $2800
    Last edited by vindi49; 07-10-2012 at 04:58 PM.

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone concealer404's Avatar
    Drives
    1990 Mazda MXSex GT Tarbo - faster than what you've got.
    Thanks Given
    I'm pretty sure JIC makes something for these cars, too... i'll try to find that.
    [edit]

Yep.

JIC FLT-FAS Series - $1855
    JIC FLT-TAR Series - $2125
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
    One thing I’ve noticed over the years is that if you drive into London at 6am, half of the cars on the roads are Porsches and Astons. Whereas if you go in at ten to nine, they’re all Renaults. Simple solution, then. You want a nice car? Get up earlier and do more work.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power iRoadster's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Motons for an NC…$5200

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Blueiii's Avatar
    Drives
    '91 Red (aka "Camber")
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by xjdesertfox View Post
    Blueii. I believe rspeed is at about the same price on koni yellows.

I also don't think its a good idea to post which sponsors offer the lowest price, some of our sponsors compete with each other, and we can't promote one sponsor over another, that wouldn't be fair.
    At minimum we should list which of our sponsors carry various options. I personally disagree about the "fairness," but I'll refrain from creating an argument
    Last edited by Blueiii; 07-10-2012 at 10:07 PM.
    2012: Purchased Miata, Laid off 3 days later. 4th place overall (default!), NWOR SCCA (RTR)
    2013: Budget RTR build, massive increase in participation, 3rd place overall, NWOR SCCA (RTR)
    2014: Suspension and more active competition in STS. 3rd place overall, NWOR SCCA
    2015: Time for some "form" and vintage styling (while still racing NWOR, of course).

Check out my Miata Journal: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....-miata-journal

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Coupeloop's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    lol MSRP prices are LOL, but the general idea of listing all the available options is cool.
    cant somebody just run through a HyperRev and add more? i can't seem to find mine.
    MONEY doesn't buy STYLE

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,518 Times in 4,641 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coupeloop View Post
    lol MSRP prices are LOL, but the general idea of listing all the available options is cool.
    cant somebody just run through a HyperRev and add more? i can't seem to find mine.
    hahhaaa that would take all night man.

maybe if I get a 7 scoop cup-o-coffee brewing I might accept this challenge.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Coupeloop's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    ^ but its right there at your disposal! its like having the teachers edition of a school book
    MONEY doesn't buy STYLE

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    1991 Eunos Roadster
    Thanks Given
    Not sure on pricing,I can only find a Japanese listing,
    Acre Active suspension,Have a set turn up at work from Japan
    t_acre_suspension_b_102.jpg

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    1999 Mica Green Touring pkg
    Thanks Given
    Wondering the best Bang for the buck on coil-overs that offer full ride height adjustment with dampening adjustment for an NB for daily driving/occasional Autocross. in the US btw
    Last edited by Roger11489; 07-17-2014 at 11:00 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast