Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Posting a big ol' photo in a thread

Banned
    Drives
    Classic Red 1989
    Thanks Given
    Okay, I get what you're saying. For the record, WE didn't make these changes. This is simply the latest version of vBulletin, and "every other forum on the internet" that is using the latest version of vBulletin is suffering the same problems and learning curve.

Actually, it appears that the functionality you want is there. Click the image icon on the toolbar, at the very top of that popup you can select "from computer" or "from URL". Select "from URL". Paste your URL, uncheck "retrieve file" (it will upload the image as an attachment and thumbnail it if you don't!), click "OK". Done.

I just tried it below. Perfect IMG tag in either the WYSIWIG editor or Source Mode editor.

Try it. Let me know if there are issues. Seems to work once you understand how it works, and it's simple enough. (I have to admit, I don't like the new file upload selection nonsense, but it works, too)

Idling - Listen to it purr... Barrym's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    [IMG][/IMG]

I did this by pushing the image button, inserting the BB code, unclicking the check mark. IMG is on either side of the picture.

I just pasted in the BB code without going through the image button and no IMG appears and both were full size.

I havent figured out how do insert a picture from the computer without getting a thumbnail.

Thanks for your help in getting this ironed out.

If you can find a way to access the gallery page with one click, get the BB code and return to the post, without wiping out what had been put in the post, that would be great.

Barrym

Banned
    Drives
    Classic Red 1989
    Thanks Given
    Bouncing out of the message editor, grabbing a URL from your gallery and getting back into the editor is not something that would be easy to do, unfortunately. I don't see that one happening unless it becomes a new feature of vBulletin at some point.

The rest of your message is confusing me a bit.

Read my instructions again. Nowhere did I say "paste in a BB code". They've really dumbed down the editor. All you need to do is have your URL and know where to click, you don't even need to know what a BB code is any more.

Just click the image icon, paste or type the URL (not a BBcode, just the URL), uncheck the box and click okay.

If you DO want to hand-type BB codes (or copy the BBcode from your gallery), you absolutely can do that, but I think you have to be in the "source mode" editor. (top left button) In the default WYSIWYG editor, it might not work right. You can change your default editor in your settings, btw.

Looks like it's probably fewer mouse clicks if you copy the BB code from the Gallery and just paste it into your message. If you go that route, you don't need to click the image button on the menu at all, just paste the BB code into the message.

Really would be cool if they'd integrate the gallery with the editor. I wonder if that's in the works.

Idling - Listen to it purr... Barrym's Avatar
    Thanks Given

Yep it seems to work that way too.
    It seems to take about the same amount of steps either way

Now if I could just get a picture from the computer without going to thumbnails Id be even happier. What I do now is load the photo from my computer into photobucket, click on the picture, click on the appropriate code go back to Mazdaroadster and click on images button, paste code, unclick box, click enter which is how I got this picture below. It takes about 2-3 separate open windows at one time to achieve this.

Thanks again for hangin in there with me on this.
    Its been driving me crazy.
    Barrym

Banned
    Drives
    Classic Red 1989
    Thanks Given
    Yeah, I don't know why the image attachment thing works the way it does. It seems that everyone wants the same thing, just to be able to easily drop a photo from their computer into a post. But, they haven't given us an easy way to do it. (without thumbnailing)

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Grumpy's Avatar
    Drives
    Grumman Wildcat (ok, 92 Miata) :
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrym View Post

Yep it seems to work that way too.
    It seems to take about the same amount of steps either way

Now if I could just get a picture from the computer without going to thumbnails Id be even happier. What I do now is load the photo from my computer into photobucket, click on the picture, click on the appropriate code go back to Mazdaroadster and click on images button, paste code, unclick box, click enter which is how I got this picture below. It takes about 2-3 separate open windows at one time to achieve this.

Thanks again for hangin in there with me on this.
    Its been driving me crazy.
    Barrym
    If you are hosting on photobucket you don't need to click the img button on this site to enter the picture. On photobucket, mouse over the pic you want in your album. the bottom option it offers has the img tag already on it. single click that tag, and it copies. come back to this site, and paste it in the dialog box without clicking the insert img button. That's what I did for this:

Idling - Listen to it purr... Broadspeed's Avatar
    Thanks Given

Idling - Listen to it purr... Broadspeed's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Good advise from grumpy tryed all sorts followed his advise an bingo job done.
    Many thanks
    Chris

Idling - Listen to it purr... JakeLS01's Avatar
    Drives
    2001 Classic Red LS
    Thanks Given
    To the administrator:

You may want to consider adding the below mentioned add-on. This allows for a small popup window to open and the user may select images from their gallery. "When creating or editing a post, your users can open a popup window that will show them their pictures in the chosen gallery, albums or attachment system." It'd make things a little more user friendly for those that are not as computer savvy.

Here is a shot of what the popup would look like to select from the gallery:

Add-on: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=243865
    '01 S/C'ed Classic Red w/HT

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,543 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrym View Post
    Now if I could just get a picture from the computer without going to thumbnails Id be even happier. What I do now is load the photo from my computer into photobucket, click on the picture, click on the appropriate code go back to Mazdaroadster and click on images button, paste code, unclick box, click enter which is how I got this picture below. It takes about 2-3 separate open windows at one time to achieve this. Thanks again for hangin in there with me on this. Its been driving me crazy.
    Barrym
    You're adding too many steps. Once you copy the [img] code from Photobucket, you just paste it in the text box here. That's it. No need to click on any image button or un check some box.

I agree there is something quirky in Photobucket where iPad users can't "hover" over a photo and then copy the link. I have to click on the picture which opens in it's own page and then highlight and copy the img link on the right side.

Idling - Listen to it purr... JakeLS01's Avatar
    Drives
    2001 Classic Red LS
    Thanks Given
    Maybe this will help anyone posting images through Photobucket:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo5vK94m1CQ
    '01 S/C'ed Classic Red w/HT

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch phk's Avatar
    Drives
    '91 BRG
    Thanks Given

iPad update.

Looks like the latest version of IOS 9.01 on my iPad is allowing me to post photos again!
    Great…
    PK in LV
    '91 BRG #3294 of 3995
    The top goes up when the storm has a name.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to phk For This Useful Post:

WASABI (11-22-2015)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12