Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Vesper the 96 Roadster

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! tanakapz's Avatar
    Drives
    2004 VRM MSM
    Thanks Given
    Shoulda gone to your shop when I needed my quarter panel repaired. The shop I used didn't do perfect work, there are minor imperfections that I can still notice.

Great build, looks really clean. How an NA should be built.
    wut

Drives
    FM2 Turbo Roadster
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,183 Times in 472 Posts
    Very nice car. Done right.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! hippari's Avatar
    Drives
    1999 Champagne MX-5 (sold)
    Thanks Given
    woah; car is so quality it's ridiculous. too nice lol

Drives
    Chaste White 96 NA
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene Rodriguez View Post
    wow so lucky on the gv tail coming with your buy...
    Yeah, I think around when I bought it - it was still around 500. Pretty lucky now that its about double now I think.

Quote Originally Posted by atank View Post
    Man that repair job is one of the best that I have seen, and your Roadster looks wonderful!!
    Yeah I am truly lucky that Kenjo referred me to that place. They so a bit of car restoration, so they have a lot of experience with this sort of work and thank you for the compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by ctrench View Post
    oh ma gawsh!! it looked pretty cool without the rear quarter skin!! and i want GV tails SOOO bad!!
    Yeah I liked how it looked as well, almost road warrior style or those high grade gundam models where you can see the mechanics under the shell =).

Quote Originally Posted by iRoadster View Post
    One of my muse cars. I had no idea you had picked this thing up way back in '06 with the GV rear end already on the car.
    Thanks! I have more muses than I can even mention, I take inspiration from all of you guys as well. Dunno how my car would be without all the proper examples out there.

Actually I picked up the 97 Montego Blue in 06... sorry my build thread may be a little confusing showing the white car before the montego =). Maybe I should redo that section so it will be less confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by artcentermiata View Post
    This car is very classically sexy! me like!
    Thank you, I also love all the little touches you put on your car - especially your custom tan diamond quilted center console cover. I'm sad to see you put your car on the market, but I am not worried since I know you'll one up your current one with the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Your car is one of my inspirations, I felt refreshed reading this thread and finally reading up on its progress since Day 1
    Thanks Justin =) and thank you again for the most recent pictures of my car. Yeah this is the first build thread I have ever done. Didn't realize it took so much work to do, had to dig up some old pictures, receipts, access my old memory banks! In the end it was well worth it... sometimes you forget how long you've had the car and how far it has come. I'm hoping I will be able to update this build thread every once in a while and I'll be sure to better document my progress!

Quote Originally Posted by maharaj View Post
    Awesome! Awesome! Awesome car! All of the attention to detail. Good work.
    Thank you! I try man... So many more things I want to do but of course there's that thing call money and time that you need =)

Quote Originally Posted by tanakapz View Post
    Shoulda gone to your shop when I needed my quarter panel repaired. The shop I used didn't do perfect work, there are minor imperfections that I can still notice. Great build, looks really clean. How an NA should be built.
    You got hit in the same spot I did on your MSM? You also live in the East Bay right? Surprised we haven't met at a local meet yet.

I know nobody has a perfect car, everyone has those imperfections that only the owner would know about. I guess its that fact keeps me from being too hard on myself. Thanks for the compliment, definitely put some time into this car... I wonder whats next.

Quote Originally Posted by Madaboutmx5s View Post
    Very nice car. Done right.
    Thank you Mad, Your Corns' car was one of my inspirations for sure... so that really means a lot to me. I'm glad your roadsters have your full attention again =).

Quote Originally Posted by hippari View Post
    woah; car is so quality it's ridiculous. too nice lol
    Thanks! The only thing bad about having a clean car is the worries that come with it... its like maaan I don't even wanna drive it cause it might get hit/dinged or whatever. I guess after a few nicks I'd be fully comfortable driving it around everywhere again =).
    Last edited by Willywongka; 09-11-2012 at 04:23 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Willywongka For This Useful Post:

oldgrayleather (11-18-2019)

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here!
    Drives
    1996 Montego Blue
    Thanks Given
    Very nice car.

Minor correction; the door cards are not off a V-Special. They've come from a S-Special, circa 1993-1994.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Caoboy's Avatar
    Drives
    a miata
    Thanks Given
    Always been a fan of your car will. So clean.

Drives
    Chaste White 96 NA
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by roadsternut View Post
    Very nice car.

Minor correction; the door cards are not off a V-Special. They've come from a S-Special, circa 1993-1994.
    Thanks for the correction Roadster! I'll make the changes in my thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Caoboy View Post
    Always been a fan of your car will. So clean.
    Thanks Alex! Next time we meet I'll have to try out your Recaro. Your car is definitely well built and looks good... all business.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Willywongka For This Useful Post:

Drives
    Chaste White 96 NA
    Thanks Given
    Just yesterday I swapped out my 4:1 Torsen for a 4:3 Torsen with a RX-7 housing and Garagestar diff bushings. I owe it all to TJ for giving me first dibs on the torsen and installation. Thanks also goes to Justin for giving a hand on installation.

This upgrade definitely increases the acceleration of my car quite a bit... now all I wanna do is floor it everywhere! BYE BYE MPG!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Willywongka For This Useful Post:

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Caoboy's Avatar
    Drives
    a miata
    Thanks Given
    Just made a trek from norcal, to socal, tracked, then back to norcal with a 4.3. It sucked. I can't imagine how people live with the 4.77

Drives
    Chaste White 96 NA
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Caoboy View Post
    Just made a trek from norcal, to socal, tracked, then back to norcal with a 4.3. It sucked. I can't imagine how people live with the 4.77
    Hmmmmm, I'm supposed to head down to LA again next weekend... I hope its not as bad as you say Alex! I'm assuming you had a 4.1 before?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Willywongka For This Useful Post:

Drives
    Chaste White 96 NA
    Thanks Given
    After riding on the Tokico blues with racing beat springs since I got the car about 4 years ago I figured it was time for an upgrade of sorts. The Tokico's felt a little harsh to me so I've always wanted something that was more on the comfortable side, that I could take to the track if I ever wanted to. So I bought a used set of Tein Flex with a spring rate of 7 / 6 off a guy on craiglist that just upgraded to a Fat Cat Elite Coil.

I'm waiting on the Fat Cat bumpstops that were included with the sale but he forgot to bring when he sold the Teins to me, then hopefully I can get these suckers installed. I'm hoping for a big change in the car, we'll see.
    Last edited by Willywongka; 10-03-2012 at 01:04 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Willywongka For This Useful Post:

Drives
    Chaste White 96 NA
    Thanks Given
    When removing one of my struts a while ago with my uncle I noticed that it did not have that plastic slips that goes inbetween the tophat and the chassis. This always bothered me, because the thought of metal on metal just didn't sit right with me.

I only had two of those plastic slips that I got from a pick and pull, so I needed two more but no one seemed to have them in stock in the bay area. I had a big plastic sheet I laying around the house so I decided I would make my own.

The oem slip is literally as thick as a piece of paper, the plastic I cut them out in was about 3-4 times thicker than the oem slip.

Here is a comparison of the oem and the one I cut out.

I can't wait to get the Fat Cat bump stops so I can get these installed!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Willywongka For This Useful Post:

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch snake520's Avatar
    Drives
    1999 Chaste White
    Thanks Given
    nice! I'm sure it'll be a good upgrade.

Hopefully I'll get a torsen in someday... lol

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! The Driver's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 Montego Blue Leather Package + 5 Speed = Torsen II
    Thanks Given
    It wasn't the shocks, RB springs are trash. Cool story ans a truly awesome build up!
    96 Montego, replacing a 95M... I miss: My running peeps in Tampa, running barefoot @ Clearwater Beach and First Choice BBQ, in Brandon. In So Cal I miss: The Malibu Canyons, CA 33 and In & Out Burgers ! I'm from Tampa, if I was from Tampa Bay, I'd be a fish!

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone etikoner's Avatar
    Drives
    1995 Merlot Mica
    Thanks Given
    Tokico blues don't damp for shit at your ride height.
    Very nice move on the flex. It's gonna transform your car nicely, especially with the fcm bump stops.

I lost those plastic isolators a while ago. Maybe I should follow suit.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast