Thread: New to Denver, any Miata guys out here?

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    a Silver '92 Miata
    Thanks Given

New to Denver, any Miata guys out here?

Just relocated from North Texas and I'm looking to see if I can dig up some Miata guys in the Denver or surrounding area. Give a shout if you're in this neck of the woods....or should I say mountains.

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! The Driver's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 Montego Blue Leather Package + 5 Speed = Torsen II
    Thanks Given
    Ha! I just moved to Lakewood! I was told to be CAREFUL while driving through Morrison, so FYI!
    96 Montego, replacing a 95M... I miss: My running peeps in Tampa, running barefoot @ Clearwater Beach and First Choice BBQ, in Brandon. In So Cal I miss: The Malibu Canyons, CA 33 and In & Out Burgers ! I'm from Tampa, if I was from Tampa Bay, I'd be a fish!

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here!
    Drives
    1995 White Miata/2008 Mazda 3s
    Thanks Given
    How do you guys like living in CO? Seems like you both transitioned from warmer climates, is it REALLY a huge difference? I'm originally from London, so I feel as if I can battle some fierce coldness, but I'm afraid that being in Texas for so long has made me a bit of a wimp, lol.

I've always wanted to move to that region of the US though, seems like a beautiful place to live.

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! The Driver's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 Montego Blue Leather Package + 5 Speed = Torsen II
    Thanks Given
    I lived in CO for 6 months, two years ago. Moved to CO from Tampa, FL; so I know what you mean. It does get cold, no bones about it, and windy too!

I'm a runner, which means I spent an innurdanate amount of time outdoors, and that helps get used to whatever weather conditions are. While living in Tulsa, I got used to running in 110+ weather with 30% + humidity.

That said, take the best of Austin, the best of Houston and the best of San An; add some altitude and well, you get Denver!
    96 Montego, replacing a 95M... I miss: My running peeps in Tampa, running barefoot @ Clearwater Beach and First Choice BBQ, in Brandon. In So Cal I miss: The Malibu Canyons, CA 33 and In & Out Burgers ! I'm from Tampa, if I was from Tampa Bay, I'd be a fish!

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here!
    Drives
    1995 White Miata/2008 Mazda 3s
    Thanks Given
    Damn, that sounds pretty nice. I've actually spent a considerable amount of time in all three of those cities, so Denver is starting to look like a sweet spot to live!

Running in 110+ degree weather? You're a madman!

Stalled - Fire it up!
    Drives
    95 miata mx-5
    Thanks Given
    Hey everyone I am new to the miata forum and a new owner of a miata and looking for anyone in the denver area with any expertise on the car I have a 95 miata that has a 2003 vvt engine in it however the person who installed it assuming previous owner did a horrible job and ehe engine bay has parts not secured. SO I am looking for any help on this or somone who knows thier way around these engines. I am a former eclipse and 300gt Vr4 owner and dont know anything about these cars and can use all the help I can get. Thanks Justin