Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Thread: Jazz

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone speedypenguin's Avatar
    Drives
    '94 Black
    Thanks Given
    Woah, it's been quite awhile. Well, a quick update is in order.

So...I've been busy as of late. Been working a lot of OT at work (perks of working at a start-up). Jazz has actually been a PITA the past couple of months (idle issues), but little by little, I was able to spend time with him and get him back into shape. Just in time for the Garagestar NorCal meet, which was this past weekend. I brought my camera, but...left my SD card at home. Doh.

But my friends took a couple of pics of Jazz.

Another, well I guess significant update. I picked up a more practical daily: a BG Subaru Legacy GT Wagon. I've always a soft spot for these wagons...and another family member joined our family a month ago (see below for cuteness and d'awww lol). As much as I love having both a bone-stock and a modded roadster, I decided to get a four-door, practical car. It doesn't get more utility-friendly than a wagon.

I haven't been able to take hi-res pics of the wagon, but it's not a looker. But it's a stick shift, and I love the mechanical feeling of the Subaru. Kinda high mileage, but hey, Subarus are durable cars. And who knows, maybe in the future there'll be a turbo-swap...?

Oh, like I mentioned, here is our new family member:

Meet Charlie. He's a 4-month old Pembroke Welsh Corgi, and he is an awesome little buddy. Hope to give him rides with Jazz in the future, but for now, Charlie is enjoying the Scoobaru (haha get it?)
    My Eunos Roadster, Jazz

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to speedypenguin For This Useful Post:

fwdtamiya (10-20-2014),Ihatecars (04-19-2014),WASABI (04-17-2014)

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Ihatecars's Avatar
    Drives
    91 BRG
    Thanks Given
    A corgi?! A freaking Corgi!?! I have a year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi! His name is Kintaro.

Here's a picture!

I remember when Kintaro was tiny and adorable. Now he's big and adorable.

If your pup turn out anything like my Corgi, you'll have an amazing friend for life.

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! WASABI's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 British Racing Green
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,464 Times in 795 Posts
    D'awww some! Speedy, that might be the cutest pooch around!!!! Sad to see you put the red roadster on the selling block (such a clean/stock car), but you can't argue with a dependable wagon.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to WASABI For This Useful Post:

tsingson (04-17-2014)

Drives
    '94 Black
    Thanks Given
    It's been awhile since Jazz and Stella have checked in! Though this post is brief for now...the two NAs have been running well and I've been enjoying the Miata enthusiast life! We'll check in sometime soon to share some more updates the two Roadsters have experienced the past few months, but for now, a couple of potato pics of Jazz and Stella.

Oh, remember Charlie the corgi? He's 8 months old now! Ahh, how time flies! It's been so fun having a buddy who is so chill, cool, and dare I say, adorable.
    Last edited by speedypenguin; 08-26-2014 at 02:01 AM.
    My Eunos Roadster, Jazz

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to speedypenguin For This Useful Post:

atank (08-26-2014),Ihatecars (12-10-2014),WASABI (09-19-2014)

Drives
    1994 LB / 2014 MX5CE / 91 SD Italia
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 1,646 Posts
    Jazz and Stella are looking good!!!!!!!!!!!

Drives
    '94 Black
    Thanks Given
    I have to share this. I had been looking for a set of RSAs (specifically Type-2s) for awhile, and almooost pulled the trigger on a set, until...I saw a set of these pop up for sale:

What's in the box?

Packaging...

I see shrouds...

What's wrapped up?

Headlight?

!!!

Bellof Miata headlights!

So pretty...

I'm sure people can deduce...but I acquired these from Steve. Steve had saved these headlights, and they were sitting around, until he decided to put them up for sale recently. One can call it luck, or good timing, but the moment I saw the FS ad, I jumped on the opportunity immediately. Ever since I saw these headlights on Rooster, I long lusted after a set. I'm thankful that this opportunity came up, and that I have THE headlights I dreamed of having.

I'm not kidding, but I'm typing this with jitters! I was so excited to receive the package today, and hope to have these installed for Jazz in the near future. When that happens, there'll be a loooong overdue update for Jazz.
    My Eunos Roadster, Jazz

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to speedypenguin For This Useful Post:

etikoner (10-22-2014),Joelioooo (09-19-2014),Martin (09-19-2014),Paul B (09-25-2014),Phatmiata (07-31-2015),Tkblazer (09-19-2014),WASABI (09-19-2014)

Drives
    '94 Black
    Thanks Given
    Kind of a sad update...but Stella (the red NA) is going to a new home...but she's going a good home.

How'd it happen? Well...a friend of a friend wanted to see how the Koni coilovers rode (since I was planning on selling the coilovers). Long story short...after driving my car, he told me how much he liked the red NA, and asked if he could buy the car. A deal was made, and though I'm sad not to be able to have Stella, I know she'll be going to a good owner, and local too.

So I took one last drive with Stella...and I forgot my SD card. Doh. But a cell phone pic will suffice.

But there's always a good side right? Well, now I'll be able to focus all my effort on Jazz. Jazz will be undergoing a...slight makeover over the next few months. I'll post bits and pieces in here from time to time.
    My Eunos Roadster, Jazz

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to speedypenguin For This Useful Post:

ueru (10-06-2014),WASABI (10-06-2014)

Drives
    '94 Black
    Thanks Given
    Quick update on the Bellof headlights. I was able to install the headlights...almost completely. Passenger side retractor rod caps literally shattered during removal from the OEM assemblies...then on the driver side, the light hits the body of the car (front bumper support area?)...but these are relatively minor things. Already ordered new retractor rods from Rosenthal, and will "massage" the metal to allow the driver side Bellof clear during opening/closing.

But a couple of pics to show what they look like on Jazz.

Arrr matey.

I'm also thinking about switching back to an R-lip for Jazz. But we'll see. Still contemplating which front lip will go better with the future...style/makeover change in store for Jazz.
    My Eunos Roadster, Jazz

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to speedypenguin For This Useful Post:

Ihatecars (12-10-2014),Phatmiata (07-31-2015),tsingson (10-22-2014)

Drives
    '94 Black
    Thanks Given
    Update time! I had some free time today, and realized I've been neglecting Jazz' build thread...so here are the additions Jazz has received from the past few months:

Exterior wise, not much has changed. In fact, just one minor change, but a very nice detail. I gave Jazz a "Model 60" Revlimiter nose badge. Something different (but I may want to change it up in the future...)

Engine wise, a few additions: First, Jazz received a 37mm Koyo aluminum radiator. Switching to an aluminum radiator has helped keep the engine compartment temperatures down (though a coolant reroute may be in the future...depends if I end up driving Jazz on the track more often...) Second, since the radiator was being upgraded, I decided to give Jazz some Samco blue radiator hoses. More blue! Finally, added an anodized blue Project-G spark plug cover. This is a nice piece, and cleans up the appearance.

Interior wise, couple additions. Swapped the 360mm Black Nardi classic wheel for a 330mm Brushed Nardi classic wheel. I love the driving feel with a smaller wheel, most noticeably during spirited drives and track sessions. Many people mention it, but the smaller wheel makes the car feel even more like a go-kart! I also added a Joyfast e-brake button. The black plastic e-brake button looked awkward amongst the metal bits, so the Joyfast button completes the e-brake assembly.

Picked up a set of M2/Eunos roadster pedals from a fellow forum member. Thank you vote4pedro, these pedals feel nice and make driving even more of a pleasure.

A better shot of the KG Works cluster, paired with Revlimiter gauge faces and AWD needle caps.
    My Eunos Roadster, Jazz

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to speedypenguin For This Useful Post:

Ihatecars (12-10-2014),Phatmiata (07-31-2015),tsingson (10-22-2014),WASABI (01-20-2015)

Drives
    '94 Black
    Thanks Given
    My favorite update as of late...the Bellof headlights. So...as mentioned before, the headlight retractor caps Jazz had before...the plastic caps literally shattered upon removal. Quite literally, exploded. ...anyways! Ordered new ones from Rosenthal, and a new pair of retractor rods arrived this past weekend, so the weekend objective was to complete the Bellof headlight install.

I should've taken more pictures during the install...but the removal and installation was straight-forward. I did have to..."modify" the shrouds a tiny bit, as well as the headlight lids to make everything sit as flush as possible (not perfect still...that is for a future weekend). But! The Bellofs. My...they are lovely..

Here they are at night. The yellow-ish glow...very lovely. I do wonder how they compare with RS Actives...I'll eventually "compare" the Bellofs side-to-side with a friend's set of RSAs on his car.

Here is the pair of Bellofs on Jazz. I love the profile of the Bellofs...the shape of the headlight housings is...just right. not too tall...but also not too short...just the right amount of sleepy...

I think the Bellofs are my favorite exterior modification on Jazz now. The GV tails are nice...but I had lusted after a set of Bellofs for so long, and never thought I'd ever own a set to call my own. Many, many thanks to Steve for taking care of the Bellofs when he had Rooster. I will do my best to care for the Bellofs as much as he and Rooster did.

Jazz hasn't changed much in recent months, but I think it has been for the better. The additions he has received have been more minor in my opinion...maybe not the Bellofs, but adding the little touches has been fun. That being said...I'm going ahead with some changes for Jazz...I'm planning to refocus on the "retro" theme. Stay tuned...
    My Eunos Roadster, Jazz

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to speedypenguin For This Useful Post:

Dandy (10-20-2014),Ihatecars (12-10-2014),Joelioooo (10-20-2014),tsingson (10-22-2014),WASABI (10-21-2014)

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power bogaut's Avatar
    Drives
    Mazda Familia
    Thanks Given
    Nice bellofs. I've got a set on mine as well.

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone etikoner's Avatar
    Drives
    1995 Merlot Mica
    Thanks Given
    Very nice updates. I was wondering if (and who) Steve had sold those lights to.

I vote for an R-lip, but I'm sure you can find a different suitable lip and really make Jazz stand out.

Drives
    '94 Black
    Thanks Given
    I recently acquired a couple of exterior parts as part of Jazz' exterior makeover. Couple of quick pictures of the parts (not the best...)

Carbonmiata Ducktail trunk lid. I have had wanted to get one of these for Jazz for a long time. It just happened that a local shop had one in stock...a quick drive over there and back, and Jazz has a new trunk lid.

It'll eventually get painted...I'm waiting till some other parts arrive before I make the final acquisitions for a couple of other parts that will be painted as well...

Jazz also received a new lip this past weekend. The "GV" lip...was nice and aggressive for awhile, but I feel that it'll be too "in your face" for the exterior makeover...I had toyed with the idea of getting another R-lip (Jazz had an R-lip in the past), but the R-lip is a little too subtle. Well, I found a Ratsback front lip for sale, and decided to switch it up.

I like how it's more aggressive than the R-lip, yet also more subtle than the GV lip. Although...it is a fiberglass lip, so have to be extra careful driving up steep inclines/declines...also not too keen on having the "Ratsback" logo (and mascot?) being imprinted on the lip...may or may not change that up.
    My Eunos Roadster, Jazz

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to speedypenguin For This Useful Post:

Ihatecars (12-10-2014),tsingson (11-03-2014)

Drives
    '94 Black
    Thanks Given
    Hello all, been awhile! It's been a bit of a roller-coaster the past few months. As some of you may have noticed, I acquired yet another Miata...but this time, a NB. Specifically, a 10AE NB. I told myself if I were to ever to get an NB, it had to be a 10AE. I sold Stella (the red NA), who by the way has already received nice, tasteful upgrades with her new owner, back in early October. I told myself I wouldn't buy another Miata...but I have a bad, bad habit of browsing Craigslist incessantly. Then...in November, I browsed upon a listing for a 10AE NB, with a matching hardtop. The price was set reasonably...and it was 5 minutes from my work.

I told myself, might as well go check it out after work...the car was in decent condition. Full records from the now previous owner, and she had owned the car for the past 10 years. After driving it, I decided to throw out not a lowball offer...but a significantly lower offer, thinking to myself that she wouldn't take it. Well, she did. So...I again have two Miatas, but this time an NA and a NB.

I'm deciding how far to take the NB in terms of a "build". The NB is definitely more "civilized", but less of a Miata, if you know what I mean...
    My Eunos Roadster, Jazz

24. The Following User Says Thank You to speedypenguin For This Useful Post:

tsingson (01-20-2015)

Drives
    '94 Black
    Thanks Given
    Fast-forward to mid-December...I got into an accident. A minor accident...but it was with Jazz. We were sitting in stop-and-go traffic. I was stopped...then "bam". I got hit from the rear...

I don't want to sound too dramatiic...but in a normal situation, parties would just exchange insurance info right? Well...this lady. Was a basket case. She came out of her car yelling at me, accusing me of "highway robbery". Long story short, I only managed to get her name, contact info, and license plate. But she refused to provide insurance...it took me a week to find her again (found out she's a lawyer...way to go for her to pull that stunt on me). Finally got through her insurance...

I had mentioned in an earlier post that Jazz was going through a makeover for 2015. I had planned to bring him to the body shop at some point, so this accident...guess it was a "blessing in disguise"? I definitely do not want to go through such an ordeal again...
    My Eunos Roadster, Jazz

26. The Following User Says Thank You to speedypenguin For This Useful Post:

tsingson (01-20-2015)

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast