Well folks...I am sure that there is another discussion about the new program at LRP this year, the Open autocross program...but i am starting this one for a reason

I have gotten several emails from LRP about this, and talked to one of the staff up there on how this works.

In a nutshell...LRP is opening up the autoCross course in the infield area to just about anyone with a few $$$ in their pocket. their program runs something like this...$250 and run what ya brung .44 mile course..no electronic timing..one 'official' run at the end of the day and the fastest of the year will be invited back for a shootout. their first event in March drew 24 cars and evidently was well received, because one guy that reset his trip meter at the beginning of the day ended up with 25 MILES by the end of the day...that is like 20+ runs. there is not a Club around that will get you 20+ runs at a regular autoX event. But that entry fee?!?..pretty big nut for most of us for an afternoon of beating on our cars.

Here is where it gets good...any Club can do the same thing by reserving a date...and getting the autoX course..WITH AN INSTRUCTOR...for less $$$..a whole lot less. Like $100 each for 25 cars...which is what we are limiting this to...just 25 cars.

so we are booking a date for the Nutmeg Club and will open SOME slots to people outside the Club on a first come first served basis. I have a solid 15 Clubmembers that are ready to sign up, so that will leave a few slots open. Trying to settle between July 29 or August 6..did I mention that this will happen during the week and you have to take a day off? This is an opportunity for some of the more 'reserved' folks to explore the limits of their Miatas, and for the more aggressive out there to just wail around and have some fun in a no pressure situation.

Stay tuned for more details as they become available...

If anyone out there has done this with another group..please chime in and let us know what you think

Also cross-posted here...

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=501838