Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Rooster now in Mid-Tenn

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone TNRooster3's Avatar
    Drives
    chaste White, 1996 R2-Limited Eunos Roadster
    Thanks Given

Rooster now in Mid-Tenn

................... the continuing adventures with the Rooster, here is what I had in my new member intro to help set things up: " Hello there, I posted this on the the other site when I bought the Rooster, and after talking to Randy he wanted me to post here so I am just going to copy what I had as an intro: I am new to this, have read a lot on this site and others but have never posted, (I can't type worth a crap). I am 62 and bought my 1st Miata (Mariner Blue) in 1991,

THIS IS A PIX OF WHEN WE BROUGHT IT HOME
    [IMG][/IMG]

and a week later my wife and I took a driving vacation thru the Smokies and mountains of No. Carolina, we were some of the first people to meet other Miatas on the Blue Ridge Parkway. always thought that was really cool. An older lady that I worked with named the car Jellybean. Over the past 20 plus years we have taken Jellybean all over the country and enjoyed every moment, but we never joined a car club ( until last year), did all this traveling on our own or with another couple. Last year we finally let Jellybean go and traded for a 2003 Emerald Green Mica LS model with very low miles,

WHEN WE DID THE VETERANS PARADE WITH THE LOCAL MIATA CLUB

[IMG][/IMG]
    but it was an automatic, so my wife could drive it. So after a few months I started prowling the various sites, along with Craigslist and eBay looking for a 5 or 6 speed NA model, but I wanted something special and unique, and I wanted one that had low miles that I could take out on weekends and keep for a good long while. Anyway I just bought another, (my 3rd miata) and it seems to be semi-famous to some of you guys, and in a way I guess I rescued it from being parted out. Yes I am the proud owner of Steve's Rooster (the car formerly known as Randy/Phatmiata's '96 R2 Limited). And I want to thank both Randy and Steve for all the care and work they put into this beauty."

ROOSTER AT HIS NEW HOME

[IMG][/IMG]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TNRooster3; 02-17-2018 at 08:51 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TNRooster3 For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (04-07-2015),The Driver (04-02-2015),tsingson (04-02-2015),WASABI (04-03-2015)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Don't know why the pix are so small, I tried to use the ones from Photobucket but keep getting a error message.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Well I got the larger pix to show but why are there thumbnails attached? Until someone gets back to me I'm going to hold off posting pix for a bit.

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,332 Posts
    I use the "Insert Image" button and just post the link to Flickr or whatever photo hosting site you use. I don't upload them to the site.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tsingson For This Useful Post:

TNRooster3 (04-02-2015)

Drives
    1994 LB / 2014 MX5CE / 91 SD Italia
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 1,646 Posts
    I am glad the Rooster is in good hands!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atank For This Useful Post:

TNRooster3 (04-02-2015),tsingson (04-02-2015)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by tsingson View Post
    I use the "Insert Image" button and just post the link to Flickr or whatever photo hosting site you use. I don't upload them to the site.
    I did use the insert image button, the ones from my computer show as really small, the ones from Photobucket's service show an error message unless I un-click a box: " Retrieve remote file and reference locally" then the pix come thru OK but the thumbnails are showing up?

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by atank View Post
    I am glad the Rooster is in good hands!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks-- I love this car, Randy and then Steve did a great job with it. I am going to post a bunch of pix that Alex sent me that a friend of his made of Rooster.

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone wannafbody's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Rooster needs a trunk lid spoiler.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to wannafbody For This Useful Post:

TNRooster3 (04-02-2015)

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,518 Times in 4,641 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TNRooster3 View Post
    Don't know why the pix are so small, I tried to use the ones from Photobucket but keep getting a error message.
    use this website, http://www.imgur.com its free, no registering, just click on "upload images" and then copy / paste the BB code link it gives you for the photos you have uploaded, boom done.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phatmiata For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (04-07-2015),TNRooster3 (04-02-2015),tsingson (04-02-2015)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatmiata View Post
    use this website, http://www.imgur.com its free, no registering, just click on "upload images" and then copy / paste the BB code link it gives you for the photos you have uploaded, boom done.
    I do not understand this, it still is showing an error code no matter which photo service I try: Photobucket, Flikr, imgur they all will not load. What is this box that is always checked= " Retrieve remote file and reference locally" , if I un-check it they load but the thumbnails show up at bottom of page. This did not mess up like this back when I loaded those pix of the steering wheel.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    These are some of the pix that Alex's friend Jordan Cole made of the Rooster:[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG] Some of these pix are what got my attention in the first place and got me researching the Rooster and then saving it from being parted out.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to TNRooster3 For This Useful Post:

Antonio (11-29-2018)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Ok, I got it working, the pix loaded correctly and are a good size I think.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    On an early Saturday morning I took the Rooster to get reshoed so to speak, I had to order the tires I wanted, ( Falken Azenis 195/60 R14) no one locally had them in stock, I went ahead and ordered a set of 4 even though the two on the front still had plenty of tread left, and I saved them for a rainy day or to trade for something I might need in the near future, so when they came in I thought I’d be smart & show up early when they first opened and get done in a hurry. When I got there I was 10 minutes past the opening time and all their bays were hopping. I park Rooster out front,

ROOSTER IN THE PARKING LOT AT THE LOCAL DISCOUNT TIRE [IMG][/IMG]

and head inside and walk into a line of 7-8 folks plus they have 4 registers going with 4 more being waited on, I look around and see another 10-12 people sitting and standing around that have already been thru the line. I think man I’m going to be here all day. Well in 10-15 minutes it is my turn. Alex takes a look at what the Rooster has on him and I remind him that Rooster has 3 piece rims and he says we need to wait on the end bay so we can take our time putting them on, that he will need to show the boys how it is done. I begin to wonder if I am in the wrong place, these guys don’t know what a 3 piece rim is? But in just a little while I am next, and see I had nothing to worry about, they jumped on the car like a pit crew at a race track, 2 guys pulling wheels off

[IMG][/IMG]

and taking them over to the tire mounting station where Alex shows them what to do, this guy took his time and was careful and used the Rooster as a teaching tool to some of the boys.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Anyway they start putting Rooster back together and Alex was checking for air leaks and the right rear had a very small leak at the tire valve, he did not have a valve small enough, these are Watanabes so I’ll need to get online and find a valve or set of valves. So he worked on it, put a seal on it as close to the right size as he stocked and got it to quit leaking. I’ll have to keep an eye on it until I get new stems. Anyone in the states have these valve stems?

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

So they get the wheels and tires on Rooster, man they do look good and we are ready for the Twisty roads of the Devil‘s Triangle next week.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TNRooster3 For This Useful Post:

Grip Driver (04-03-2015),WASABI (04-03-2015)

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! radmachine's Avatar
    Drives
    Radmachine
    Thanks Given
    Good score, man. I really love this car.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to radmachine For This Useful Post:

TNRooster3 (04-08-2015)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Thx, I'm lovin' it more every time I drive it. My wife is starting to say I love it more than her. HA HA

Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast