Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EBAY Miata 93LE seat cover

Drives
    93 LE
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatmiata View Post
    I am still debating on if I will build this 93LE, or gathering parts from other 93LEs and making a car to my taste. I would hate to cut the fenders and do a widebody on this current 93LE since it has only 9800 miles.

Dandy, let me know if you wanna sell your seats, I still need complete 93LE seats, dash, and door panels.
    I probably will sell my seats, Phat. My engine swap plans are getting a little more concrete. When that happens there will be no turning back, so it should be easier to let things go.

I didn't realize you still needed parts. I thought you had three of everything by now. I really like your idea of the silver NA wide-body. The Photoshop that Jimmy Vee did is one of my favorites. I'm rooting for that one.

Drives
    1993-LE Miata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,087 Times in 523 Posts
    I have another set of LE seats that I will be recovering soon. I can't wait until that gets done!

Drives
    93 LE
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I have another set of LE seats that I will be recovering soon. I can't wait until that gets done!
    Show-off!

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power mx54life's Avatar
    Drives
    1999 10th AE
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandy View Post
    I haven't noticed gruenthebox around for awhile but maybe if you send him a pm or post a question on his build thread he'll respond. I imagine the seats are in his car by now and he may have some pictures. You can see by his thread that the fit is really good.

I can tell you that the swatch color is the true color. I have the skins and the swatch matches. I've had them against my original 93LE seats and can vouch that the color is a pretty close match. I know what you mean about the pictures. The lighting can be deceiving. I'll see if I can get a picture of the skins against my seats in the car in the next day or two.

Leatherseats.com was really good to work with too. They were straight forward and helpful when I spoke to them on the phone. I asked for and they sent about a foot of extra material that I plan to use for door pull straps.

My OEM LE seats will be available sometime in the next couple of months after I get the new skins on the 95M seats. The passenger seat is near perfect. The drivers seat does have some bolster wear but it can be repaired for a lot less than the cost of new skins. I haven't been putting much seat time in lately so it hasn't been a priority for me. Of course I'm down here on this east coast peninsula and you're all the way over on the west coast so shipping bulky items like seats is not going to be greenback friendly.
    I would be glad to take the seats if the shipping wont kill the excitement.

Drives
    1993-LE Miata
    Thanks Given
    LOL! If you could see them, there's nothing to brag about. They are tore the hell up.

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,518 Times in 4,641 Posts
    I probably will sell my seats, Phat. My engine swap plans are getting a little more concrete. When that happens there will be no turning back, so it should be easier to let things go.

I didn't realize you still needed parts. I thought you had three of everything by now. I really like your idea of the silver NA wide-body. The Photoshop that Jimmy Vee did is one of my favorites. I'm rooting for that one.
    I do sorta, but different colors, LOL. I have complete NA6 Interior in Tan, and Black both in great shape, but for the 93LE parts all I have is the carpet, seat belts, and seat belt trim panels. I can have Nakamae create complete doors but that is big bucks, Im trying to save some money ya know.

Drives
    93 LE
    Thanks Given
    I do sorta, but different colors, LOL. I have complete NA6 Interior in Tan, and Black both in great shape, but for the 93LE parts all I have is the carpet, seat belts, and seat belt trim panels. I can have Nakamae create complete doors but that is big bucks, Im trying to save some money ya know.
    Dude, you could always just make up your mind and sell or trade some of your stash (cars, parts, hot wheels, etc.), stop paying rent on your multiple warehouses, or start charging admission and let all the geeks in to admire your collections. With your profits you could pay someone to build a car to match your vision, not have to devote your time away from other interests and responsibilities, and truly have a one of a kind masterpiece. Done right on the right platform and that car could end up exceeding the value of the LE that doesn't get driven in order to keep the odometer under 10k. I say go silver before you turn silver.

Of course this advice comes from a guy who continues to buy stuff but moves slower than a snail when it comes to the actual build. I just really want to see the silver NA that I've seen photoshopped come to life.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dandy For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (01-23-2014)

Drives
    a V8 Roadster
    Thanks Given
    Phat giving up buying parts would be equal to a lifetime addict not using drugs if locked behind the pharmacy counter.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to John J For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (01-23-2014)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by John J View Post
    Phat giving up buying parts would be equal to a lifetime addict not using drugs if locked behind the pharmacy counter.
    John knows my habit very well................

Drives
    1999 10th AE
    Thanks Given
    Dude, you could always just make up your mind and sell or trade some of your stash (cars, parts, hot wheels, etc.), stop paying rent on your multiple warehouses, or start charging admission and let all the geeks in to admire your collections. With your profits you could pay someone to build a car to match your vision, not have to devote your time away from other interests and responsibilities, and truly have a one of a kind masterpiece. Done right on the right platform and that car could end up exceeding the value of the LE that doesn't get driven in order to keep the odometer under 10k. I say go silver before you turn silver.

Of course this advice comes from a guy who continues to buy stuff but moves slower than a snail when it comes to the actual build. I just really want to see the silver NA that I've seen photoshopped come to life.
    Ha Ha Ha the guilty pleasures of life. It's the travel not the destination. I'm no where close to what you guys have accomplished but don't we all have the same needs at a different level? I started with a project 1994 then got another supercharged 1994 then another 1995 rolling shell all white miatas. Along with a stash of got to have miata stuff....a complete Tan interior for a planned BRG build and now a complete Red interior (thanks to 93miatale, door cards where the last missing pieces) for a planned LE build. Depending on which seat I get done first on either of the m-edition seats then that build will take off. LOL how did I get here I ask myself earlier well the sequence of events.....sold the 2002 s2000, sold the 2006 NC, stopped smoking, eliminated gambling, stopped the pointless travel vacations, lessened eating out and then the grandiose vice of them all started.....miata building lol. Anyways I'm much healthier, poorer but happier. Hah am I?

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mx54life For This Useful Post:

Dandy (01-23-2014),Martin (01-23-2014),Phatmiata (01-23-2014)

Drives
    1993-LE Miata
    Thanks Given
    John knows my habit very well................
    Indeed I do. Sometimes, Phatty even pimps out some parts to me.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Indeed I do. Sometimes, Phatty even pimps out some parts to me.
    together we can cure this parts addiction, I just know it!!

Drives
    1999 10th AE
    Thanks Given
    Yes infect me with some of your miata virus maybe I can form some antibodies for it while I enjoy the rarity of it. Too bad I missed out on those sexy nakamae red seats lol.the question is can u stand that other people are sicker than you? Lol

Drives
    1993-LE Miata
    Thanks Given
    I don't want to be cured. I appreciate you enabling my JDM parts habit. In fact, I only seeing my addiction becoming more rampant in the coming months. I've sold much of what I had squirreled away and now I need to restock and overstock.

Is two Nielex tombstones too many?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Hammerhead For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (01-24-2014)

Drives
    1999 10th AE
    Thanks Given
    Ok how about this pair here are these from leatherseat.com too?

I believe this is the "pandora build'. I contacted the OP but no response. Any one in the know?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast