Thread: Project-G Official Recap: Annual Meet 2014

Drives
    G-Limited Miata
    Thanks Given

Project-G Official Recap: Annual Meet 2014

Project-G Annual Meet 2014
    Project-G would first like to start out by thanking all of you for making our 3rd Annual Meet a success! If it weren't for all you supporters, it just would not be possible. The turnout this year was amazing. We thought we had the parking situation figured out this time around, but the satellite parking was filled up almost immediately. Cars overflowed into surrounding parking lots, down the back street behind our shop, and even into the surrounding neighborhoods. An unofficial count of over 500 is as good of a count as we are going to get, as the person counting indicated it would be impossible to find the cars hiding in the other lots and side streets. We are amazed and truly appreciate the support!

Vendors
    This year the vendor support was great! We had Whistler Wheels come out with a great display and even donated a set of their wheels to the raffle! Kazespec Engineering was here with a great display and an awesome display vehicle. They donated 2 of their super stout tow hooks! Indotech combined forces with Aerowerkz with a few great display vehicles and donated 10 Alignments and also wraps for a: Hood, Trunk, Finish Panel, and a Hard top. In addition, Aerowerks is offering a discount on full vehicle wraps with the event flyer. Apexi came out with some awesome deals on exhaust and their coilovers for the Miata. Last but definitely not least, MotorMavens and AME Wheels had a booth here to showcase their latest wheel line on two really sick Miatas. It looks like Project-G will have these in stock real soon for those who are interested. The feedback online has been a little shaky, but in person people were saying they were really liking them. MotorMavens were also giving out shirts and various items throughout the event. Not to mention, providing us with the awesome coverage MotorMavens is known for. So a huge thanks to all the vendors for taking the time to come out and showcase their products! This lets the community actually see the products in person before they purchase, rather than just an online image.

Raffle
    The raffle at the event was insane. There were so many items to raffle off, toward the end, they were giving them out in batches. There were so many happy faces in the crowd, it was amazing! We started raffling and doing the giveaways at 1:00 and struggled to finish by 4:00. Our MC for the event, The Notorious R.O.B. did an awesome job keeping the event moving! We didn't have time to fill him in on what to expect, so he was really just winging it! Thanks Rob!!!

The Roadster Showoff
    As many of you know, this was our first year introducing our Roadster Showoff. We did not know what to expect, and quite honestly, we did not even know if we would have enough interest to have a show. We had posted early on to please register early so we could set up the different categories, but the start was really slow. We had considered cancelling it when we were 1-1/2 weeks out. All of a sudden, the registrations started pouring in. This made it extremely difficult since we were on the verge of calling it off, and at this point, it was clear we were under the gun to get the awards situated, not to mention figuring out the categories. This was on top of everything else we needed to address for the event, and our normal grind.

Judging
    The plan was Project-G (Steve, Joe, Jon B, and Bryan) along with 2 other selected members of the community would judge the cars. As much as we had things planned out and had time allocated for this, the event was too big for us to find time time manage the event AND have time to judge the show. In addition, we had a couple members that were going to help us judge the Track category, but evidently there was a track event this weekend and they were not able to attend. This left us in a bad spot since that is not our area of expertise. The outcome was our 2 additional judges ended up with the overwhelming task of doing all the judging. (Sorry guys) We felt terrible about this, but it was the best we could do at the moment, and we feel they did a fantastic job. Up until it was too late to address it, it looked like we were going to have 12 cars to judge. By the time the event hit, we were almost 70 cars deep. This was great, but quite honestly we were unprepared.

Room To Improve
    So on the topic of our first Roadster Showoff, Project-G would like to issue an official public apology to the participants, as we feel it did not live up to what we strive to accomplish for the community. Your participation this year has shown us there is a real interest in the Roadster Showoff, so we can move forward with it knowing this. As they say, we cannot get to the next level with out taking the first step. This was our first step. We learned a lot from this experience, and we can guarantee the next one will be what you have come to expect of us.

Final Thoughts
    Overall, we are pleased with the outcome of The Project-G Annual Meet 2014. All the attendees were OUTSTANDING! Everyone got along, and we got to see so many of our friends we have not seen in awhile. In case you don't know, this event is not for financial gain for Project-G (If it were, everyone would be doing it). The events are to bring the community together. We hope to create an opportunity for everyone to finally meet those fellow forum members in person and see all these amazing builds up close and in person. With this event we were hoping to blur the lines between Street, Track, Stance, Slammed, Race, Rice, or whatever label you want to put on people, and bring everyone together to appreciate what we have all come to love, the Mazda Miata.

A big thanks goes out to all the attendees for respecting the venue and our neighbors. There was not one incidence, anything broken, no vandalism, and EVERYONE left in a respectable manner. Because of this, it will allow us to continue to have meets such as this.

Thank you to everyone involved, near and far, for your continued support!

Like we always say, Project-G has the best customers/supporters!!!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Risingsun124 For This Useful Post:

atank (02-27-2014),Benbrg (03-05-2014),Dandy (02-27-2014),kung fu jesus (02-27-2014),lowandrusty (02-27-2014),MrPoy (02-27-2014),ueru (02-27-2014),WASABI (02-27-2014)

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! WASABI's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 British Racing Green
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,464 Times in 795 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Risingsun124 View Post
    Project-G Annual Meet 2014
    Project-G would first like to start out by thanking all of you for making our 3rd Annual Meet a success!... we were hoping to blur the lines between Street, Track, Stance, Slammed, Race, Rice, or whatever label you want to put on people, and bring everyone together to appreciate what we have all come to love, the Mazda Miata.

Like we always say, Project-G has the best customers/supporters!!!

Thank you for undertaking such a big event. I wish I could have gone. Sounds like it was amazing.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to WASABI For This Useful Post:

Risingsun124 (03-06-2014)

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Roadster's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Well done Project G. Lots of dedicated people there.

And while this venue is quite big it packed maybe only 1/3 of the no. of people and cars that showed up. Imagine packing all of about 300 cars in one area..

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roadster For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (02-28-2014),Risingsun124 (03-06-2014)

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! lowandrusty's Avatar
    Drives
    '93 red and tan
    Thanks Given
    I'm hoping to make the trek out the west coast for next year's event! This looked like an amazing time and I've been enjoying all the event coverage and photos popping up online. Cool that even at 25 years old our little roadsters still have such an active community!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lowandrusty For This Useful Post:

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! blu92's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    I absolutely love your guy's attitiude towards your business the miata community. I have a trip planned for the miata from Pittsburgh to Cali in summer 2015. Can't wait to meet you guys and maybe even attend a Woolery tech day. It will be the highlight of my trip i'm sure!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blu92 For This Useful Post:

Risingsun124 (03-06-2014),tanakapz (02-28-2014)

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone etikoner's Avatar
    Drives
    1995 Merlot Mica
    Thanks Given
    Wish I could make it to one of these of events. Turn out is awesome, good stuff guys!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to etikoner For This Useful Post:

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Ihatecars's Avatar
    Drives
    91 BRG
    Thanks Given
    I'm so jealous of all you Cali guys for having an event like this so close.
    Maybe next year...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ihatecars For This Useful Post:

Idling - Listen to it purr... Stupid hurts's Avatar
    Drives
    1997 Chaste White Miata
    Thanks Given
    Fairly new to the Miata community and came across a posting for the Project-G 2nd Anniversary meet/show while lurking on the forums and noticed it was on my birthday. I didn't even have my Miata just yet, but my friends and I decided we'd go celebrate my birthday rolling out to the meet in my new-to-me Miata and to try to get my buddy's FC RX7 running again in time to roll out together. I ended up registering for the event and didn't know what to expect, but I had a great time and met some really cool people with some really nice Miatas. Thanks to Project-G and the event sponsors for putting together a fun event. Can't wait for the next one!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stupid hurts For This Useful Post:

Dandy (03-05-2014),Risingsun124 (03-06-2014),WASABI (03-05-2014)

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Benbrg's Avatar
    Drives
    BRG 91
    Thanks Given
    It was worth the trip just to see Baldwin park overrun with miatas. Heaven is a place on earth.
    100% BRG 0% Primer

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benbrg For This Useful Post:

Ihatecars (03-05-2014),Risingsun124 (03-06-2014),WASABI (03-05-2014)