Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Best Detailing Towels for Pennies on the Dollar!

"Detailing Devil Dog" Junkman2008's Avatar
    Drives
    LS Powered Car
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent☣Orange View Post
    WTH?

Well I figured that while in Rome...

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,543 Posts
    It's the guy who just bought an Abarth. ;-)

BTW, I've heard that Zaino is only good for a month and some folks use Pledge furniture spray for a weekend shine. Any thoughts?

No todo que es oro brilla.

Drives
    LS Powered Car
    Thanks Given
    Wow, that couldn't be further from the truth. First, furniture polish is cool if you're driving a Woodie. For those who don't know, this is a Woodie, and you only use furniture polish on the WOOD parts if they are exposed (not coated with anything):

Other than that, furniture polish is NOT made for clear coats or paints! That is an old school trick that guys use to use back in the day. You may as well use Crisco or baby oil. That's how effective furniture polish is. As for how long Zaino will last, here's where you must allow your common sense meter to kick in. What I am about to say is NOT rocket science.

The enemy of wax is heat and chemicals. Thus, having a car sit outside in the blazing hot sun everyday is going to wear the wax away MUCH faster than it will on a car that is in a climate controlled garage. Also, a person who washes their car everyday is going to wear the wax off his car a lot faster than a guy who washes his car once a week. Let's throw weather into the equation. A car being subjected to cold temperatures and salted roads is going to lose its wax protection faster than someone who doesn't drive their car in those same temperatures. Now knowing this leads me to ask you one question. Given all the variable that a car can be exposed to, how can anyone form their lips to say that a given wax will last exactly X amount of time? That time, which is X in value will differ for everyone. Understanding what I have just posted, you can see where there is NO common sense in that claim. Add to that, most of the protective products by Zaino are dependent upon layering. They are more like glazes, not polishes or waxes. Thus, the more layers you apply, the better your paint will look because most of Zaino's signature products help hide paint imperfections. Also, layering those products builds up the amount of protection that you are applying. So whoever started that rumor either works for a competitor of Zaino or they completely have no clue as to what they are talking about. Last of all, WAX does not make paint shine, polishing does. I proved that in this video. There is NO WAX on this car. It was a trick question.

Now using nothing more than common sense, wouldn't you agree?
    Last edited by Junkman2008; 03-23-2014 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Because sometimes, I can't spell for crap.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Junkman2008 For This Useful Post:

WASABI (03-26-2014)

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,543 Posts
    Thanks for the thorough response, Junkman!

No todo que es oro brilla.

Drives
    LS Powered Car
    Thanks Given
    Glad I could help.

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone wannafbody's Avatar
    Thanks Given

BTW, I've heard that Zaino is only good for a month and some folks use Pledge furniture spray for a weekend shine. Any thoughts?
    I had a work van that was a dark reddish brown metallic. I use Zaino Z2 on the hood. I only did the hood. After 3+ years the hood looked good but the rest of the van had a chalky type look to the paint. Sure Z won't water bead after about 9 months but I believe that something continues to protect after the beading is done. Just my experience, other people's opinions may vary.

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch Smokinfastlegend's Avatar
    Drives
    '94 Miata
    Thanks Given

Having used and applied zaino in the past, its just someone who didnt have a properly prepped panel where zaino did not last long. If the surface isnt completely stripped prior to application of a sealant/wax/coating its not going to last long at all.

As far as pledge, i have never heard of someone using it as a paint restoration product, but have heard some use it on leather.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Driftdevil's Avatar
    Drives
    95 Merlot
    Thanks Given
    I've heard of using pledge for satin or flat paint jobs instead of wax
    95M- JIC FLT-A2's, Konig Flatouts 15x8 with 225 RS3's, rollbar, nardi, FM catback, lightweight flywheel and ACT clutch. And much more to come!

Drives
    LS Powered Car
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Driftdevil View Post
    I've heard of using pledge for satin or flat paint jobs instead of wax
    All people are doing when they use that stuff is causing their paint to look better by "greasing it up." You can do the same thing with baby oil, Vaseline or Crisco. Any kind of greasy stuff will work. Water would work too if it didn't dry up. But look at the paint in that video I posted of that black Camry. Do you think that Pledge would improve the shine on that paint? Not a chance because that paint is at its shine potential and I took it there with nothing but polishing. If the people who used Pledge on their paint knew how to polish their paint, they world see the error in their ways.

I wonder if those same people have ever looked at a MSD sheet on Pledge...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Junkman2008 For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (03-25-2014)

Drives
    1994 LB / 2014 MX5CE / 91 SD Italia
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 1,646 Posts
    Very nice polishing job on that Camry JunkMan2008!!!!!!!!!

Drives
    LS Powered Car
    Thanks Given
    Thank you sir. I wasn't planning on going all postal on it but once I got started, I couldn't help myself!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Junkman2008 For This Useful Post:

atank (03-25-2014),WASABI (03-26-2014)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12