Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: NC Miata buying guide

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    There is a growing aftermarket for the NC. Goodwin Racing has detailed a number of different builds for the NC. I know you can stuff a LOT of tire under the fenders.

I, too, noticed the pricing overlap. I think if I was in your position, I would be looking at them as well.

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift HarryB's Avatar
    Drives
    '04 Strato Blue NB2
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,273 Times in 1,330 Posts
    Hate to admit it, but NC's are better all-rounders. They seem big and heavy, but truth is that driving experience is very close to NB's. Aftermarket IS there, but prices are quite a lot higher. Good thing is that their ECU can be remapped, so you can save money on that front; I actually know a guy running a turbocharged 1.8 NC on the factory remapped ECU, and he has recently done a 2.5 swap, turboed that, again on factory remapped ECU. They also run EV14 injectors which are modern and can be easily replaced with larger ones without need of adapters etc; something to factor in if looking for power upgrades as it will save you a decent amount of money there. There are also decent cheap handling upgrades; RX8 sways and RX8 brakes amongst them.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HarryB For This Useful Post:

RandolphB (01-02-2019)

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    1999 Highlight Silver Metallic Miata
    Thanks Given
    The insurance company has contacted me and assigned a special adjuster to me so as to include the value of upgrades and overall condition of my NB. So far, so good....

For an NB, I don't fear a car with 150,000 miles on it- having had great luck with them still being a solid car. My question on the NC: Is there a mileage limit that things start going bad at?
    99 Highlight Silver Metallic- AEM CAI, Aluminum Radiator, Bilsteins, 10 AE engine, Racing Beat Springs and Muffler, New Robbins Top, 10AE Strut Tower Brace. Low key/ low bucks- parts waiting in the garage most of the time. Driven over 230,000 miles from California's twisties to Florida's humidity...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234