Thread: Costa337 + My Miata, My Story

Idling - Listen to it purr... Costa337's Avatar
    Drives
    M8 95'
    Thanks Given

Post Costa337 + My Miata, My Story

My story with my mia begun in March 2010, when I got into a wreck (Had an 98' Altima back then). The car was totaled and I have to look for another one, otherwise I would've had hard time to go to college. So I gave my buddy of mine (dealer in college station,TX) a call to look for a used economical car for me (Gas is EXPENSIVE in the US!). He immediately mentioned to me that he is in a process of selling the Miata I saw him riding a year ago and I loved the way it looks -only- back then! I offered him cash money for it and he agreed on selling it to me since the other buy would've gone through installment and still thinking about whether he wants it or not (Really!!!). Within one month I became a proud 3rd owner of a 95' Blue Montague MX-5.

After I graduated from college I have to move back to my country (Sultanate of Oman). I couldn't leave her alone so I took her with me . I had to wait 2 months until she arrived. Registration and insurance drained my pockets. It's been 2 years since we left the States but I'm still ordering parts & upgrades from the US. Car is one of a kind over here and it's amazing how other MX-5 owners of NB & NC's over here as well as neighbor countries try to reach me! I'm happy with my choice and now thinking of buying MSM once I find one or probably just get another NA...hahaha

My Mia in digits;
    1) Done 145000 Miles
    2) 19 years with same original paint.
    3) Traveled 8000+ one way!
    4) Cost me $12 for a full tank of gas.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Costa337; 03-14-2014 at 07:39 PM.
    I don't drive fast, I just fly slow!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Costa337 For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (03-15-2014),Ihatecars (03-16-2014),Martin (03-16-2014),mrbelobrov (03-15-2014),Phatmiata (03-14-2014),WASABI (03-15-2014)

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! WASABI's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 British Racing Green
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,464 Times in 795 Posts
    Very cool story! How much does it cost to ship a car from the States to Oman? Also, how is the aftermarket for the Miata over there? Easy to get parts?

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone wannafbody's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Congrats

Idling - Listen to it purr... Costa337's Avatar
    Drives
    M8 95'
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by WASABI View Post
    Very cool story! How much does it cost to ship a car from the States to Oman? Also, how is the aftermarket for the Miata over there? Easy to get parts?
    Thanks, it cost between $1000 to $1600. It all depends on the car size as well as if it was on the ship or in container! Market is very low for Miata's in Middle East in general. The latest model year can be found at the dealer is 2009!!! Regarding to parts, I always get them from the US or Dubai!
    I don't drive fast, I just fly slow!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Costa337 For This Useful Post:

WASABI (03-16-2014)