Thread: Poker Run / Chrismas in July! July 12 & 13

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here!
    Drives
    2002 SE Ti
    Thanks Given

Poker Run / Chrismas in July! July 12 & 13

We've begun the long process of scheduling, planning, and begging our awesome vendors for prizes for a Poker Run in July. We are also going to do Christmas in July so we can all break bread together.

Initial thoughts/theories...

- July 12th (Saturday) - Christmas in July at our condo. Bring a sleeping bag, air mattress, swim trunks/bathing suits, and an appetite. We'll cook up a full Christmas meal for everyone as well as enjoy the pool, etc. As always, show up anytime to hang out. We have plenty of floor space and a huge balcony for people to crash on before hitting the road for the Poker Run on Sunday.

- $20 maximum 'white elephant' gift for Christmas in July festivities.

- BYOB for Saturday.

- July 13th (Sunday) - Early start for a poker run through the hill country. It's going to be hot as hell and we've scoped out a few variations on the route. Probably going to revamp the route to end at a body of water i.e. Marble Falls so we can cool off as well as grab food and drink before parting ways.

- Open to all makes and models including awesome bikes. Yeah, I'm talking to you, Lime-Light!

- Stay tuned for updates, routes, and vendor participation!

Drives
    2002 SE Ti
    Thanks Given
    Attendee List -

Saturday Christmas Dinner/Drunkfest/Skinny-Dipping/FnF Films/Strip Poker/Debauchery
    - GnR
    - ShadowMX5 +1
    - mx5_2nr +1
    - Lime-Light

Slumber Party
    - ShadowMX5 +1
    - Lime-Light

Sunday Poker Run by number of vehicles -
    1. GnR
    2. ShadowMX5
    3. ShadowMX5s GF
    4. mx5_2nr
    5. Lime-Light
    Last edited by Stoly; 06-09-2014 at 07:23 PM.

Drives
    2002 SE Ti
    Thanks Given
    Sponsors! (I'll update as sponsors donate prizes)

www.mossmiata.com
    Prizes are TBD at this time but Moss has committed to sponsoring this event! I'm working with her to coordinate paperwork, etc. In the meantime, thanks again! The last one wouldn't have been the success it was without our awesome sponsors!

Next up, from my good friend Adam, a set of NA or NB gauges!
    www.revlimiter.net | www.revlimiter.net/blog | www.revlimiter.net/store

If you don't know, you should know! Check out the awesome selection of gauges and other goodies at his store! Someone is going to win a set of gauges for doing what you'd do on any given Sunday... drive!

Drives
    2002 SE Ti
    Thanks Given
    We live in New Braunfels which is between Austin and San Antonio. The Poker Run on Sunday will be through the hill country between New Braunfels and Austin and will most likely end in Driftwood at Salt Lick BBQ. From there, access to I-35 is easy. As mentioned, we have plenty of floor space to crash here on Saturday night. To avoid some of the heat we'll probably start the poker run between 9 and 10am and should be wrapped up around 3-ish.

We all started off as strangers so if you're up for meeting some new people, taking a drive, and possibly winning some prizes, this is the event to join!

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me. That includes MR.net sponsors that might want to get in on the action! (hint, hint)