Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CSP Miata Secrets

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power atlnb's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    So, BlackFab was kind enough to get back in touch with me regarding a 10" version spoiler. He said he'd be happy to do it, but it would cost ~$75.00 extra for the modification. I figure at that price, i can custom make one and do it for about the same price. Just an FYI to those interested.
    Xida CS | Hard Dog | Corn*s | Bride | Joyfast | Carbing | Beatrush | 6UL | KG Works | Square-Top Manifold | BP5A Cam | Daily/CSP build

2. The Following User Says Thank You to atlnb For This Useful Post:

Bummer (02-04-2015)

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power atlnb's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Here's a website I found to be quite helpful on tuning suspension and tires.

http://www.ncrscca.com/autocross-tuning-tips

Not sure if anyone has looked at it, but it was a good read and something I refer back to from time to time.
    Xida CS | Hard Dog | Corn*s | Bride | Joyfast | Carbing | Beatrush | 6UL | KG Works | Square-Top Manifold | BP5A Cam | Daily/CSP build

4. The Following User Says Thank You to atlnb For This Useful Post:

NCGreasemonkey (12-14-2016)

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Blueiii's Avatar
    Drives
    '91 Red (aka "Camber")
    Thanks Given
    Anyone else here run CSP?
    2012: Purchased Miata, Laid off 3 days later. 4th place overall (default!), NWOR SCCA (RTR)
    2013: Budget RTR build, massive increase in participation, 3rd place overall, NWOR SCCA (RTR)
    2014: Suspension and more active competition in STS. 3rd place overall, NWOR SCCA
    2015: Time for some "form" and vintage styling (while still racing NWOR, of course).

Check out my Miata Journal: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....-miata-journal

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! MX5RACER's Avatar
    Drives
    1990 w/'01+VVT swap
    Thanks Given
    I do not run very many Autocrosses anymore, but when I do, I run CSP.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here!
    Drives
    Cement Grey '95
    Thanks Given
    Man this brings back memories. I drove Darren Darby's 10AE CSP Miata back in 2010 to 5th place at Nationals. Top prep cars are a blast to drive. So much grip and just the right amount power. Crazy thing was the car was down on power from a clogged fuel filter and had a bent rear subframe when I drove it. The following year he sold the car to go W2W. I see it for sale every so often and think about buying it.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Blueiii's Avatar
    Drives
    '91 Red (aka "Camber")
    Thanks Given
    Lotsa shifts, eh? I believe that car is for sale right now.
    2012: Purchased Miata, Laid off 3 days later. 4th place overall (default!), NWOR SCCA (RTR)
    2013: Budget RTR build, massive increase in participation, 3rd place overall, NWOR SCCA (RTR)
    2014: Suspension and more active competition in STS. 3rd place overall, NWOR SCCA
    2015: Time for some "form" and vintage styling (while still racing NWOR, of course).

Check out my Miata Journal: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....-miata-journal

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here!
    Drives
    Cement Grey '95
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueiii View Post
    Lotsa shifts, eh? I believe that car is for sale right now.
    The car was running a 6 speed and 3.9 final drive at that time. The following year he swapped to a 5 speed and 4.1 to reduce the shifts and keep off the limiter. Sustained time on the rev limiter was destroying the valve seats on the VVT engines. Yes, the car was for sale a month or so ago. If I was getting back into National level auto-x, I'd buy it in a heartbeat and put it on a diet, and pick up a SM VVT head.

Car for sale. I can't say I can agree with the repaint from 10AE blue though
    : https://www.miataturbo.net/cars-sale...olo-csp-94792/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12