Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about this car's value

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power BoBo's Avatar
    Drives
    & Rides
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by tofuboi View Post
    Thanks for the input guys! Now I know what I'm looking at realistically. It's weird driving one of these lightweight FR cars, its so easy to slip out the rear end not even driving it hard! I'm spoiled by subaru and its "deathgrip" awd lol.
    I agree,the 185mm factory sizes tires are too narrow in my opinion. I had to make adjustments in my driving because I'm use to my old MR2/Boxster S mid and rear engine platform. 195mm on a miata is OK, but put a set of 205mm tires and you will have all the grip you want trust me. If you upgrade to the stiffer FM springs and adjustable shocks on top of having 205mm tires, you will have one hell of a ride. Although underpowered, these cars are a pleasure to drive in tight technical turns.
    08 Kawasaki Ninja 250R Tuned/Track Prepared
    04 Z4 2.5 M Sport Package
    01 SLK 230 Kompressor AMG Sport Package

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BoBo For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (06-14-2014)

Drives
    LFX ND
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    Now you are comparing apples to oranges. An auto NB? A high miles M? You actually confirmed what I stated.

When selling a car it's always easier to lower the price, than to increase it.

BTW, not just miles or similar equipment is important. That M car has a pic with either a shadow or a probable repaint. Threr are many variables involved in pricing a car.

Would I pay 5 grand for a red Miata? No, I wouldn't take it unless it was free. But a clean, sub 100K 5 speed car, on its original paint is worth something.

I too have owned and sold a couple of this cars, I've also lived in a number of areas and seeing how much people paid to get a clean Miata.
    Like I previously said. He's asking "enthusiast" what a car(that they like) is worth. I don't care if you are asking about a Yugo, if you ask Yugo enthused what it's worth then you will get an inflated # do to their affection for the car. And of all the enthusiasts I know, there is only 1 that would be willing to pay a premium for a low mileage, original car. So, can he get that $5500 asking price? Maybe. Someday? But most likely he will be doing well to get $3500 for it, and starting with a asking price of $5500 is going to make 99% pass right on by without even looking at it.

On a different note. Never lend money to friends. They'll come to you first next time they need money or it will ruin the friendship.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Unk577 For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (06-14-2014)

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! The Driver's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 Montego Blue Leather Package + 5 Speed = Torsen II
    Thanks Given
    ^ So because you only know 1 individual, which lives close to two thousand miles away from the op, that would pay a premium for a lower miles car, you are telling the op to aim for lower price? Please, stand back, and just ponder on that.

I'm on first name basis with a guy who spent $14,000 on a low miles laguna blue/leather car, which he spent another $1, 000 to have the car trailered ATL to San Fran. I do know of other similar stories from other high end buyers. BTW, I never told the op to stay firm @ 5, 500, just to start there.

I think I'm done here. O.P. sorry for the bickering, and good luck with your sale.
    96 Montego, replacing a 95M... I miss: My running peeps in Tampa, running barefoot @ Clearwater Beach and First Choice BBQ, in Brandon. In So Cal I miss: The Malibu Canyons, CA 33 and In & Out Burgers ! I'm from Tampa, if I was from Tampa Bay, I'd be a fish!

Idling - Listen to it purr... tofuboi's Avatar
    Drives
    Red '91
    Thanks Given

Unhappy

No problem guys, it's good to see everyone's opinions also. I know enthusiasts think their cars are worth more, but they are willing to pay more also. I sold my subaru 2.5RS '98 coupe 5spd in Rally Blue (which kbb values at $3200) for $8500 to an enthusiast, but granted that was a much rarer car than a standard miata. I think I will start at 5-5.5k, but will put a big OBO next to it. I'm not in a hurry to sell, so its not a big deal for me. It's still raining here in Seattle , so I will probably wait til it stays sunny before I put it up.

Idling - Listen to it purr... Mustang73351's Avatar
    Drives
    a red 1990 miata
    Thanks Given
    Hey don't know how mechanical u are but put a cheep stage 1turbo in it and some highschool kid will probly eat it up for a few thousand more

Idling - Listen to it purr... Mustang73351's Avatar
    Drives
    a red 1990 miata
    Thanks Given
    Its still graduation season

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! 3MiataFamily's Avatar
    Drives
    '94 Miata
    Thanks Given
    a 70k no rust car with a new top is 4-4500 around here all day long...
    President Nutmeg Miata Club/94 C pkg/163k/VMaxx/RB header/exhaust/NEW PAINT!/RB sways/OZ Racing Starlights/Boss Frog Twin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12