Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power freedomgli's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 Miata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fwdtamiya View Post
    Thanks, 72' CL350. Although that might be a K tank? Not sure if the CL came with knee pads originally.
    At this point so many bikes have had parts swapped it can be difficult to tell exactly what bike it is without looking at the frame and engine serial numbers. To my knowledge, only the first year CB350K0 models came from the factory with rubber tank pads. All subsequent model year CB350, all CL350 and SL350 did not have them. People like the CL high pipes so I see them on CBs all the time. If the rubber tank pads are just stuck on with adhesive then chances are they're aftermarket. The K0 tanks have special frames to hold the factory rubber pads. Without seeing your bike up close, I can't tell if your bike has an original tank with rubber pads added, or if it is an early CB350K0 tank that's been repainted.

So is your bike a race bike? Or a street bike? I see side number plates but also a headlamp. I know AHRMA Novice History Production Lightweight class bikes look pretty much like yours. The rules allow you to keep the headlamp but you've got to put tape over it before you cover it with your front number plate. Let me know if you have any questions as I've thought a lot about them as I've slowly turned my street bike into a F250/ V1 style race bike.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to freedomgli For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (04-29-2017)