Thread: Review: Nielex Prospec ABC LT Kit

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Pfunk's Avatar
    Drives
    '98 NB
    Thanks Given

Review: Nielex Prospec ABC LT Kit

http://nielex.net/interior_pdllt.html

This will be a two-part review of the Nielex "long & tall" pedal kit I purchased this year. This first portion will introduce the item and initial assessment of the fit/finish, and the second will cover installation and driving impressions once I have it installed by the end of July.

First, photos:

nielex_brake_gas.jpgnielex_set.jpgnielex_clutch.jpg

This kit was developed for drivers who are 180cm (5'11") or taller, with a 28cm (US 10) or larger foot. I'm 180cm and have a 31cm foot so I'm within spec, so to speak. I also have the Mazdaspeed Type F seats and a Boss Frog double hoop roll bar installed, and as a result, the cabin is slightly cramped, particularly for long drives. I've already removed the dummy pedal and have the plate directly on the floor, which helps, but then I read about this kit, which moves the pedals 2.5-3.0cm away and 1.0-1.5cm up, and features Nielex's usual attention to detail and quality.

I consulted with a company rep and he asked me to make several measurements, such as when my foot was on the brake pedal, how much gap existed between the edge of my foot and the accelerator pedal, what part of my foot rested on the pedals, and how much I hope to move the pedals laterally. After some discussion, we agreed to have the brake pedal moved closer to the accelerator pedal about 1.0cm.

Shipped within Japan it cost ¥114,000, or about $1,125USD and took just over a month to make; mine was customized for my needs but somewhat cheaper options can be had "off the rack". Fit and finish are excellent, and all moving parts are exceptionally smooth. The framework appears to be more rigid than OEM without a weight penalty. My local garage, RS Aizawa, says once you've driven a car with Nielex pedals you'll be spoiled for anything else. I'll let you know whether the pedals live up to that statement when they're installed in a month.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pfunk For This Useful Post:

atank (06-27-2014),BlitzWing (06-27-2014),fwdtamiya (06-27-2014),Jimmy Vee (06-27-2014),kung fu jesus (06-27-2014),Phatmiata (06-27-2014)

Drives
    NA6
    Thanks Given
    Very tempting, I need that couple of extra cm of leg room. Looking foward to reading your experiences with them.

Drives
    1994 LB / 2014 MX5CE / 91 SD Italia
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 1,646 Posts
    I just love those pedal's!!!!!!

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,518 Times in 4,641 Posts
    so sexy looking too!! For RHD only though. thanks for the review and photos of this RARE part!!

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! DarylSibcy's Avatar
    Drives
    Red 1990 Miata w/ITBs ;)
    Thanks Given
    Any updates on this setup? Looks awesome!!!
    You want a good car. I want a good miata.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Satisaii's Avatar
    Drives
    2020 Polymetal GT
    Thanks Given
    I want an update on the house. We were kicking around the idea of buying one.