Page 17 of 75 FirstFirst ... 71011121314151617181920212223242767 ... LastLast

Thread: This ain't no build thread!

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,233 Times in 531 Posts
    Gave her a good bath this morning. Back into the garage, up onto jack stands with the wheels off. Cleaned the inside of the wheels. Realigned/tightened the intercooler inlet tube, one of the clamps moved and I was getting a boost leak. Did some touch-up of paint chips, once those were dry gave her a coat of wax. Once my youngest got home from school, I employed his leg and flushed the brakes/clutch. He's getting pretty proficient at that! Adjusted the e-brake. Wheels are back on, vacuumed the interior and trunk. Scrubbed the boot cover, it's drying now. Just waiting on the wax to dry so I can buff it out. Getting things ready for a big Miata run on Saturday.
    Last edited by chiefmg; 05-22-2014 at 04:13 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

tsingson (05-27-2014)

Thanks Given
    Forgot this earlier but I also finally got around to removing the yellow paint from the rear calipers. Fronts were done a while ago. I'll have to pull everything and likely use some sort of media blasting to get it all, but at least it isn't peeking out from the wheels.
    '00 SE, intercooled BRP MP62, Reverant MS2, Ohlins DFV, Konig Flatout (now X 2)
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    This ain't no build thread!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

pacman 99 (05-25-2014),tsingson (05-27-2014)

Thanks Given
    Went for a group drive in the Hocking Hills area of Ohio yesterday. Great fun was had by all, except maybe for the guys who had to follow me and smell the excess gas in my exhaust when I boosted. Still can't figure out what's causing that.

Thanks Given
    Installed a Heli-coil for the ground bolt located on the front of the intake manifold. Not sure how it stripped, but when I went on the drive over the weekend my AFR gauge would blank and then reset when I drove over a rough road. Didn't realize what was causing it at first. At least now I'm bolting into a piece of stainless thread.

Thanks Given
    I've been getting a rattling noise when the car was cold. Looked things over underneath and figured out it was the front flange on the RoadsterSport midpipe hitting the butterfly brace. Crawled under her this morning, loosened the two front bolts and gave things a little more room. No more noise during the run to Cars & Coffee.

Thanks Given
    Managed to score a BNIB Mazdaspeed intake cam. Saved about $60 over buying it from a vendor (I love when people change their minds). It will be going on the reworked head whenever I get around to installing it. This will probably be my last purchase for a while, I am going to be buying some things for the new CX-5 to make it a little more fun.

Thanks Given
    Got home yesterday. This morning I pulled the injector harness, I didn't realize it but the coils are also part of that harness. This means I have to transfer my COP wiring over to the replacement. Had other things to do so didn't get around to it today, I'll take care of that tomorrow.

Thanks Given
    Transferred the COPs wiring over this morning, as well as extending the wires for the rear temperature sensor. Got it all buttoned back up and went to cars & coffee. Might have been my imagination, but I didn't notice the gas smell as before. I did notice the AFR was lower (richer) than before, so that tells me that something wasn't kosher. Now I just have to do some more tuning. Autocross tomorrow!

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Hyper's Avatar
    Drives
    Black NB Miata
    Thanks Given
    man you love this car, miine is a TRAILER QUEEN, it doesn't go anywhere

Thanks Given
    Then you need to fix that!

Here's one of my runs from yesterday: http://youtu.be/AbJBJFZJun4

Lot had been recently sealed so traction wasn't the best. I spun on one run, the camera didn't shut off between runs so I have to figure out how to cut that clip down from 25 minutes before I can post it.

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Hyper's Avatar
    Drives
    Black NB Miata
    Thanks Given
    cool video, is the passenger in video your son??

Thanks Given
    He was some random kid I kidnapped and dragged along with me. Yes, that's my youngest.

Just got done with some auto tuning of the MS. The gas smell under boost is nearly gone, so it must have been some issue with the wiring along with the tune I had done during the problem. I have to do some more tuning to get all the cells to turn green but it's on the right track.

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,545 Posts
    I swear Chief; I never know if you've been kidnapped by Somali pirates or if you're just torching up a backyard barbeque.

No todo que es oro brilla.

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    I swear Chief; I never know if you've been kidnapped by Somali pirates or if you're just torching up a backyard barbeque.
    Well I'm basically done buying parts now, so if I'm posting here I'm home. Actually got home a week ago but I'm only here a month this time. Going to a new ship which is why I'm not getting as much vacation this time. It's been more worrying about pirates off the west coast of Africa for the past 2 1/2 years, with the new one there is a chance I'll be going through the Suez so have to worry about the other ones. Although the international naval patrols in the Indian Ocean have made great strides in reducing the activity there.
    '00 SE, intercooled BRP MP62, Reverant MS2, Ohlins DFV, Konig Flatout (now X 2)
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    This ain't no build thread!

Thanks Given
    Couple of days ago I changed the air filter back to the original larger one I had, the gas smell under boost has increased and I'm thinking maybe it isn't getting enough air. Changed oil/filter, swapped out the wheels/tires for the Lightspeeds/Toyos, disconnected the breather line from the valve cover to the supercharger inlet and installed a K&N filter in its place. Also replaced the cruise control vacuum motor and connected it to the 'charger inlet spigot, I'll try it out the next time I drive it.

Page 17 of 75 FirstFirst ... 71011121314151617181920212223242767 ... LastLast