Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Door Pulls, Quilted Stitching, & Speaker Grills oh my! More new products from Retro?

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts

Door Pulls, Quilted Stitching, & Speaker Grills oh my! More new products from Retro?

Just saw this and figured I would share..........

Looks like there will be a lot of really cool items coming up soon!

Ken will you be making speaker grills that fit the 93LE polished Aluminum panels? Or making your own version of that?

RetroModern Products.jpg

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift theothersawyer's Avatar
    Drives
    1994 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,498 Times in 734 Posts
    I can see RetroModern making me a very broke man!

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by theothersawyer View Post
    I can see RetroModern making me a very broke man!

well, at least your interior would look sexy as hell......

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,545 Posts
    I think a black interior would benefit from a nice dash of color.

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Cxmoney's Avatar
    Drives
    A White Miata
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatmiata View Post
    Ken will you be making speaker grills that fit the 93LE polished Aluminum panels? Or making your own version of that?
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroModern Via Facebook View Post
    ill be making the SS mesh inserts for both the LE tear drop plates, and the tweeters on top.
    this is what was on facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by tsingson View Post
    The red is sexy as hell. Would hate to be walking around the car admiring the interior only to see a tan dash. Kinda like seeing a hot chick and finding a dick in the middle.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Cxmoney View Post
    this is what was on facebook
    Thanks for the heads up, the problem with facebook is when you have as many "Liked" pages as I do stuff gets lost in a see of photos, and its not like there is a "Search" bar for facebook that would pull up the info as fast as I could on the forum. Anyhow, this is a reminder to myself hehehhee

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! RetroModern's Avatar
    Drives
    2014 NC3 GT
    Thanks Given
    Thanks for the heads up Randy. I didnt want to say anything yet as the door pulls are still in production. But since the cat is out of the bag, let me give you guys a time line type of update. here is where everything stands.

- Door pulls are currently in production. The bases are completed and ready to go. The blank face caps are also done, and ready to go. The Eunos logo-ed caps are still being worked on. There was a mis-communication somewhere, and the caps did not come out as expected. Im hoping to see, and approve the final rendition tomorrow. If i do, ill snap a quick shot and show you guys. ETA for Purchase: This week or at latest, next week.

- Door panel design is set in stone, so to speak. I currently have the Saddle Tan, Black, and Chocolate Brown color samples waiting to be mounted on the panels. Unfortunately everyone is busy with their own stuff so i have not been able to take pictures of them mounted on any cars. If you guys are ok with just seeing the panels themselves, i can take pictures of it and post. The door panels are built to order so there is no mass production of them, therefore the GB is really going to be more of a pre-order.
    ETA for Purchase: Immediately if you like the sample double diamond design and trusts me when i say that this is by far the best vinyl that i have ever felt. it is so soft and the texture and finish is beyond anything ive touched and felt so far. Not talking smack, but the great Nakamae vinyl isnt as soft...Just saying. This feels like thick, soft pleather.

SS mesh Speaker Grills - The designs are at the machinist. This will be the next item to go into production as soon as they are done with the door pulls. These grills are designed to be an add-on/replacement for those nasty black grills that come on the 94-97 door panels. The size is 5 1/4" round ring mounted onto a 6" flat base. It is not required but you should be ready to trim your existing speaker opening a bit larger to accomodate these grills. The grills and base will be machined polished aluminum, and the mesh will be stamped Stainless steel. I currently do not have any images of the full set up as the prototype set that i made is only the ring that holds the mesh in place. ETA for purchase: Probably towards the second week of June.

LE Speaker panel Stainless Steel mesh grill inserts - These will also be produced in conjunction with the above speaker grills. It will consists only of the mesh grill for the main panel, and mesh grill for the tweeter pods. I havent decided if i wanted to produce my own tweeter pods yet. it may come to that if i feel that the SS grills will overpower the OEM plastic housing. ETA for purchase: Also possibly the second week of June

LE Style speaker plate w/ tweeter pod integrated into the unit - This is an idea that i have been playing with for a while. I'd like to make an alternative to the LE speaker plate utilizing an Art Deco design in place of the retro bars that are on the current LE plate. Here's a drawing of how it would look: https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...61889487_n.png
    Whats holding me back is the tooling cost to get a 2 piece press stamp made is ridiculous, therefor, too much of a gamble. Id love to be able to have it made but my pockets arent that deep. If you guys like it, and is willing to put up pre-order money to have it made, then ill make it happen.

for the NB people:

Climate Control knobs & cover plate with rings.
    It is our turn for some bling. I will be prototyping the NB climate control knobs along with the cover plates. The difference between this GB and the one for the NA is that the NB GB will come with the brushed aluminum cover plates. More details to follow ETA for purchase: End of june.

Radio blanking plate (to match the climate controls)
    I will also be making a DDM style brushed aluminum radio delete plate to match the climate control cover piece. You have the choice of single DIN, double DIN opening, or solid radio delete. Details to follow. ETA for purchase: End of June.
    Last edited by RetroModern; 05-13-2013 at 11:20 PM.

Drives
    1994 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Oh man, that is fantastic news!! I want those door panels(I actually want all of the items, but that's a lot of money, especially when I'm about to be buying coilovers!) and would be more then happy to take some quality installed pictures for you!

Drives
    2014 NC3 GT
    Thanks Given
    no worries. i'm offering a package deal too so people can get everything at once and save some money. when the products are ready to go, ill make it known.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Pfunk's Avatar
    Drives
    '98 NB
    Thanks Given
    Ahhh, some NB love! Can't wait to see them...

Drives
    2014 NC3 GT
    Thanks Given
    20130514_162813.jpg20130514_165530.jpg

Here is a preliminary shot of the Eunos logo-ed door pull cap. I still need to clean up all of the machining marks from between the lines, and polish it. Ill update with more pictures as i get to it.
    Last edited by RetroModern; 05-14-2013 at 10:46 PM.

Drives
    1994 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    My goodness, that's amazing!!!!

Drives
    2014 NC3 GT
    Thanks Given
    thanks! i cant wait to get this thing on the market!

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch
    Drives
    Twilight Blue 99
    Thanks Given
    Eunos logo is awesome! Can't wait for those NB products as well

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Flyin 92's Avatar
    Drives
    White '92
    Thanks Given
    Any chance of getting the door cards with a “puffy” look similar to the Nakamae products?
    Quote Originally Posted by zacatac View Post
    If I said the things in my head I would make a lot of enemies. All I wanted to say was "Isn't the fact that your double chin is resting on your tits enough motivation?"
    Link to the most lack-luster build in MR history

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast