Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What’s to come from your newest sponsor!

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power imperfekt's Avatar
    Drives
    Supercharged 94 PC
    Thanks Given
    Omg garage hundred trunk is niceyy...

And I'm not sure how popular it'd be, but an NA hood with the headlight covers moulded in? I guess it's an autoX thing, but ISC racing makes one but you can still see the gap lines between the covers an hood on their version...

A short rear bumper because Simpson designs' is like 700 bucks...

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    I like the Voltex Wing, and the Trunk on the Blue GHO Roadster, also I like the 1st and 2nd picture of the NB slim line doors, looks much better than stock. The DG one looks too overdone, less is more you know.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! brownmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Red Turbo 91
    Thanks Given
    Will defiantly add door cards to the pack. Only thing is how to mount. I don't think screwing it in would be nice looking. It would have to be fastened inside looking like stock fasteners will have to be ordered!
    Because Racecar.

*_\Threw it on the ground/_*

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    Nielex Metal Door panels had screwed in door panel fasteners instead of the plastic push clips, maybe add a neoprene washer to keep the noise down?

Drives
    Red Turbo 91
    Thanks Given
    I wouldn't think people would like screws. But if its okay that would be fine by me. Or I could just sell them as full panels and the buyer could cut what they want, mount how they want.
    Because Racecar.

Drives
    Red Turbo 91
    Thanks Given
    Think*
    Because Racecar.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power pacman 99's Avatar
    Drives
    1999 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Your right. The screws wouldn't look right. It's the only thing I hate about the D-technique door panels.

I would recommend making the panels go over the edge like the OEM so they can be clipped on using the OEM rivets on the sides. The one hole that is fine being on the door panel exposed would be the one that gets hidden by the dash when the door is closed.

I like the idea of not making any holes and making the customer decide what to do with it since they are so many options like.... hole or no hole for speaker, one screw or two holes for pull strap. Also, Door handles are in different positions for 99-00 and 01-05.

If you can incorporate the rubber seal that sits inbetween the door panels and the glass window that would be great. Not sure how its mounted to the door panel but it would be nice to remove that two piece rubber seal and attach it to the new door panels.
    Last edited by pacman 99; 07-12-2013 at 12:59 PM.

Drives
    Red Turbo 91
    Thanks Given
    I understood all of that but the last paragraph. Where would the rubber seal be? If you are talking about the top window seal that actually touches the window I wouldn't be making that you would use your stock one unless a full carbon door card and "top hat?" was asked for.
    Because Racecar.

Drives
    Red Turbo 91
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by pacman 99 View Post
    Your right. The screws wouldn't look right. It's the only thing I hate about the D-technique door panels.

I would recommend making the panels go over the edge like the OEM so they can be clipped on using the OEM rivets on the sides. The one hole that is fine being on the door panel exposed would be the one that gets hidden by the dash when the door is closed.

I like the idea of not making any holes and making the customer decide what to do with it since they are so many options like.... hole or no hole for speaker, one screw or two holes for pull strap. Also, Door handles are in different positions for 99-00 and 01-05.

If you can incorporate the rubber seal that sits inbetween the door panels and the glass window that would be great. Not sure how its mounted to the door panel but it would be nice to remove that two piece rubber seal and attach it to the new door panels.
    I see you we're on topic of NB door cards. I will have to see when my NB gets here what you are talking about.
    Because Racecar.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Tungsten6's Avatar
    Drives
    02 Titanium SE
    Thanks Given
    Lower price lips for NB2.
    I had a Touge run lip on my car for about 3 months. It was around $210 shipped which I wouldn't normally mind paying, but it only lasted 3 months.

My car is far from Miata world slammed but its pretty low. The material that the lip was made of though, was absolute garbage. It was strong, but it didnt flex when it scraped so It got destroyed. Very quickly.

I would like a Polyurethane lip for a NB2 that is GV style
    garagevary_zpsbed9b99f.jpg
    o0640048012105178868.jpg

And why this one went out of production I have no idea, NB1 lip for NB2 bumpers.
    NB2-0405_1.jpg

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Tungsten6's Avatar
    Drives
    02 Titanium SE
    Thanks Given
    If you need a NB2 for testing let me know, I don't live to far away.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power pacman 99's Avatar
    Drives
    1999 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by brownmiata View Post
    I understood all of that but the last paragraph. Where would the rubber seal be? If you are talking about the top window seal that actually touches the window I wouldn't be making that you would use your stock one unless a full carbon door card and "top hat?" was asked for.
    Yes. The top window seal. Not asking to replicate it. Just saying to leave a way to mount the stock ones onto yours.

Quote Originally Posted by brownmiata View Post
    I see you we're on topic of NB door cards. I will have to see when my NB gets here what you are talking about.
    Side rivets

Rivet hidden by dash when door closed.

Last edited by pacman 99; 07-13-2013 at 08:47 PM.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! cbaylis77's Avatar
    Drives
    Black 1999
    Thanks Given
    Glad to see so much interest for NBs. There's already plenty of options on the market for NAs.
    Miata family: '93 auto "Blacky", '99 turbo "Frankenstein" and '05 Mazdaspeed.

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone SM16RMSM's Avatar
    Drives
    VR 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by pacman 99 View Post

If the door is closed, you won't be able to see then. It also makes it look more like a race car too.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the BS story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.” ― Jordan Belfort

The Daily Driven Warrior - A MSM Build Thread

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch SteelReign's Avatar
    Drives
    04 Steel
    Thanks Given
    Very cool work. One thing that I always wanted for my NB2 was a good looking rear diffuser:

I'm also pretty close (Gainesville, FL) and our local club is more than willing to be test dummies! (http://gnvmiatas.net/forum.php). Check us out on facebook too!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast