Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: DK's "Kabyle" Miata

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone DK Wolf's Avatar
    Drives
    MR.net Ball Breaker
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon I Am View Post
    If the windows are/going to be tinted, then go with black.
    Yeah, I was leaning towards black. But I keep seeing wannafbody's avatar, and it's like... "damn son"
    1994 Mazda Miata, 1992 Mazda Miata Sold, 1995 Mazda Rx7 (500hp) Sold, 1999 Subaru GC8 (310hp) Sold

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift Demon I Am's Avatar
    Drives
    No-ata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 851 Posts
    Yeah. Something to be said about a clean fresh paint job

Drives
    MR.net Ball Breaker
    Thanks Given
    So I'm buying an HKS Super Drager exhaust, getting it for a pretty solid price. Not too much evidence on how it sounds but people have told me it's pretty deep toned. So I'll be giving it a shot, gonna be a little different since it's not exactly a popular exhaust stateside either.
    1994 Mazda Miata, 1992 Mazda Miata Sold, 1995 Mazda Rx7 (500hp) Sold, 1999 Subaru GC8 (310hp) Sold

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,332 Posts
    I think red would look good especially if you are paying for it to be painted. If you bought it black, then I would say just leave it.

Drives
    MR.net Ball Breaker
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by tsingson View Post
    I think red would look good especially if you are paying for it to be painted. If you bought it black, then I would say just leave it.
    It's silver.. and a little rough, has some cracks and other stuff that needs to get repaired. I'm still debating on the color though.

I also can't find any pictures of a red NA with a black top.. and I know I've seen them before.. >.<

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,332 Posts
    The folks in Cali don't have any...I find that hard to believe.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power morr's Avatar
    Drives
    1990 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wolf View Post
    So I'm buying an HKS Super Drager exhaust, getting it for a pretty solid price. Not too much evidence on how it sounds but people have told me it's pretty deep toned. So I'll be giving it a shot, gonna be a little different since it's not exactly a popular exhaust stateside either.
    I had that on my old 1.8 Sentra with the stock header/midpipe. It sounded really good. It was "throaty" and never got raspy. I'll see if I can dig up a sound clip from it...

Also, IDK if it'll happen with the Miata, but on the Sentra the end that was supposed to mount to the cat actually came up about a foot short. So we just welded in a straight pipe to make up the difference.

edit: Red NA with black hardtop.

RoadsterLife<3

Drives
    MR.net Ball Breaker
    Thanks Given
    Hmmm... I'm pretty sure the HKS is gonna be a little short since I bought it off an NA6. So the Cat will need to be played with a little, I'll take it to an exhaust shop when I get to cali and have it fixed same day. But there's only one sound clip I found on youtube, and it's not the best but from it sounds like.. it sounds pretty good.

and I like the red NA with black A pillars and black top.. Not diggin the ones with red A pillars.

I think tinted it'll look pretty amazing. I'll need to consult the PS gurus to see what it'll look like with tinted windows. But I'm leaning towards that, especially since I have the black mazda decals on the bottom.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power morr's Avatar
    Drives
    1990 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wolf View Post
    Hmmm... I'm pretty sure the HKS is gonna be a little short since I bought it off an NA6. So the Cat will need to be played with a little, I'll take it to an exhaust shop when I get to cali and have it fixed same day. But there's only one sound clip I found on youtube, and it's not the best but from it sounds like.. it sounds pretty good.

and I like the red NA with black A pillars and black top.. Not diggin the ones with red A pillars.

I think tinted it'll look pretty amazing. I'll need to consult the PS gurus to see what it'll look like with tinted windows. But I'm leaning towards that, especially since I have the black mazda decals on the bottom.
    It should sound pretty good regardless. That's funny, cuz I was gonna say I wasn't a fan of the black a-pillars. I like the two tone on 240s, but not on Miatas for some reason.
    RoadsterLife<3

Drives
    MR.net Ball Breaker
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by morr View Post
    It should sound pretty good regardless. That's funny, cuz I was gonna say I wasn't a fan of the black a-pillars. I like the two tone on 240s, but not on Miatas for some reason.
    I know what you mean, 180s look gross with that look and never was a huge fan.

Also, quick update. Bought a brand new Cusco front tower bar for 100 bucks, and an RSR muffler for 30... I'll be sticking with the HKS most likely unless the RSR sounds better (it's not the exmag). I won't be fitting the RSR until I get to VA and I'll post soundclips since I think I'll be the first guy in the states with an RSR M6 muffler. Can't find any examples online.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Mexican_Guy's Avatar
    Drives
    the metro bus
    Thanks Given
    hey! thats kevin old miata!

cool to see now that the car still going to be with an enthusiast, not with some moron like the blue potato
    2010 NCII TR

Drives
    MR.net Ball Breaker
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Mexican_Guy View Post
    hey! thats kevin old miata!

cool to see now that the car still going to be with an enthusiast, not with some moron like the blue potato
    Yep, bought it from him thanks to Zerek pointing it out for me. Seemed in good shape, just a couple little issues but nothing major. Ill need to get her ready for the 3k roadtrip to VA so I need to make sure she can handle it.

Drives
    MR.net Ball Breaker
    Thanks Given
    So.. here are my recent purchases along with prices so you guys can get a little jealous

So, I bought the HKS Super Drager for $100..

Then... because I wouldn't be sure if I'd like it.. I got this RSR muffler for $30...

and if one or the other sucks, I'll just use the other. Eitherway, one of these systems is getting sold for a fat little profit.

then I bought this BRAND NEW CUSCO FRONT TOWER BAR FOR $50!!! WOO!! it even comes with the unremoved plastic protector on the bar!

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone SM16RMSM's Avatar
    Drives
    VR 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata
    Thanks Given
    Damn, some nice parts there. Can't wait to see all the good stuff you bring back. I bet you got a closet full of stuff.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the BS story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.” ― Jordan Belfort

The Daily Driven Warrior - A MSM Build Thread

Drives
    MR.net Ball Breaker
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by SM16RMSM View Post
    Damn, some nice parts there. Can't wait to see all the good stuff you bring back. I bet you got a closet full of stuff.
    I sold the majority of my closet full of parts. All the parts I have decided to keep will be going on my Miata, and most of them are strictly performance related as opposed to JDM TYTE YO.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast