As the title states, which car color blends in the urban environment better, black or white?

I am purchasing a new vehicle soon and black and white cars have always been my preference when it comes to colors. Black is classic and elegant, menacing to boot. White is fresh and clean, and evokes purity. They complement each other well, ebony and ivory. Now here is where I am torn, I love both, I want both...but I can only choose one color.

My question to you is which color will blend in the pack? Go more unnoticed while parked in the lot or in the neighborhood? Some say black tends to blend in but from my experience, when I am driving slow or just cruising around the block/town more people seem to notice the vehicle. Yet many of my close calls where people have made abrupt lane changes/nearly collided with me have been when I was driving my black car (Miata). I tend to think people see black cars (especially the way mine is set up with the 5% tinted windows all around) looks suspicious. While white looks more innocent and unassuming? We have a white Civic sedan and I dont get the looks that I do when I am rolling around in our black cars. We also have a similar Civic but in black.

If I choose white, I feel like the I tend to stand out in a bland way. Many people see white as boring...but at the same time it just glows and gleams in the sun.

Bear in mind both cars will be modified discreetly, silver wheels, quiet exhaust systems, nothing to draw any more attention to them.

Which color will blend in best? Black or white?

And some may silver would do that best and I agree but I can't do silver...I do not like that color.