Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Godspeed RS Coilovers... Any good?

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch Silver92B's Avatar
    Drives
    1992 Silverstone
    Thanks Given

Godspeed RS Coilovers... Any good?

I see these in Ebay, and I wonder if they are any good. I mean, will they work with the car, last a long time, provide enough comfort for street riding......

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power atlnb's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    I've never heard of them but... we need more info on what you're expecting on what you're trying to accomplish. But in the case of those, I would stay away. Do some good reading and searching and whenever you get a chance, find people with aftermarket suspension and get rides with them to narrow down what you want
    Xida CS | Hard Dog | Corn*s | Bride | Joyfast | Carbing | Beatrush | 6UL | KG Works | Square-Top Manifold | BP5A Cam | Daily/CSP build

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! hooligan's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    these are on ebay in the UK as well but at £500! or $780

look very similar in design to BC racing and other setups. i would say avoid personally as i suspect the quality will not be good.

as stated above what are you looking to achieve? stance or something that actually works on the car and will improve the ride quality

im sure you can find a decent setup for similar money that is a proven entity on the car.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power atlnb's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Ground control is always a sure thing but get back to us on your goals
    Xida CS | Hard Dog | Corn*s | Bride | Joyfast | Carbing | Beatrush | 6UL | KG Works | Square-Top Manifold | BP5A Cam | Daily/CSP build

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! jesseshoots's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    I've heard good things about godspeeds on the Miata. I have a buddy that used them and was basically laying frame on the ground as well as drifting the car. Although it was a purpose drift car he loved em

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! stormin'norman's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Wow, they lay frame! They must be great..

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch Silver92B's Avatar
    Drives
    1992 Silverstone
    Thanks Given
    I just want to lower the car to get rid of the ugly fender gap. I am looking for a non-bankrupting solution that provides height adjustment, decent ride (as in comfortable), good longevity and not compromise the handling. Having said all that, I do not necessarily want a track or autox or drifting setup. I don't track or race the car.

Thanks!

Idling - Listen to it purr... jester911's Avatar
    Drives
    Sapphire Blue 99'AE
    Thanks Given
    Dude you have the best deal you can get for the money over on the Atl site with OGF that include new bumpstops and everything.
    99' 10AE #2763

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone concealer404's Avatar
    Drives
    1990 Mazda MXSex GT Tarbo - faster than what you've got.
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by stormin'norman View Post
    Wow, they lay frame! They must be great..

I blame CR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
    One thing I’ve noticed over the years is that if you drive into London at 6am, half of the cars on the roads are Porsches and Astons. Whereas if you go in at ten to nine, they’re all Renaults. Simple solution, then. You want a nice car? Get up earlier and do more work.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver92B View Post
    I just want to lower the car to get rid of the ugly fender gap. I am looking for a non-bankrupting solution that provides height adjustment, decent ride (as in comfortable), good longevity and not compromise the handling. Having said all that, I do not necessarily want a track or autox or drifting setup. I don't track or race the car.

Thanks!
    The "cheapest" stuff i would even consider if i were doing the same thing as you (and i am) is the FM Vmaxx stuff.

Not because Vmaxx is the best evarrr!11!11!, but because FM did the work and development to actually make them work decently with the Miatas.

Godspeed, non-FM VMaxx, Ricelands, etc... don't even bother.
    One thing I’ve noticed over the years is that if you drive into London at 6am, half of the cars on the roads are Porsches and Astons. Whereas if you go in at ten to nine, they’re all Renaults. Simple solution, then. You want a nice car? Get up earlier and do more work.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! jesseshoots's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    I have driven miatas with $1000+ suspension, ones with racelands, I have the non fm vmaxx's, stock setup, multiple strut spring combos, and to be quite honest for just driving around town every once in a while without doing any serious driving there is no reason to spend a lot of money on a setup. They all ride about the same when just normal cruising at the speed limit.

With that being said I'm not knocking on top dollar setups because one day I too will purchase one. But the true difference comes out when aggressively driving the car, not when dd ing it.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Dilly's Avatar
    Drives
    '96 Miata
    Thanks Given
    Eat at home for a few weeks and save that extra money to buy the new Tein Street Basis coilovers.

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by concealer404 View Post
    The "cheapest" stuff i would even consider if i were doing the same thing as you (and i am) is the FM Vmaxx stuff.

Not because Vmaxx is the best evarrr!11!11!, but because FM did the work and development to actually make them work decently with the Miatas.
    I still am quite baffled when people think FM did a bunch of r&d work to introduced their Vmaxx. Let us see: Change springs. Check. Slip on different bumpstops. Check. Jack up price? Yup.

You're just paying for FM's name and customer service. To be honest it works for them and that is good business.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by stormin'norman View Post
    I still am quite baffled when people think FM did a bunch of r&d work to introduced their Vmaxx. Let us see: Change springs. Check. Slip on different bumpstops. Check. Jack up price? Yup.

You're just paying for FM's name and customer service. To be honest it works for them and that is good business.

Well... and different springs, and bumpstops.

They use it on one of their shop cars. One of the 2010 Targa cars they worked with ran FM Vmaxxs.

I'm not extolling the virtues of cheap bargain-basement coilovers, just saying that if you're looking in the $700 and under range, there's NO reason to go with anything other than that setup. Would you trust these Godspeeds over the FM Vmaxx? I wouldn't.

(Unless you happen to get a great deal on some Yellows and can throw some GCs over them)

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by concealer404 View Post
    Well... and different springs, and bumpstops.
    Yes, I did note that didn't I? I guess my point is its amusing how much people stroke FM for their vmaxx setup, especially on Miata.net. I brought this up and was quickly pm'd by an FM diehard telling me how wrong I was. It's clearly noted on their site. They took the cheap vmaxx/rokkor European based coilover and swapped springs/bumpstops. As far as I'm aware that's all they did.

In that price range no I wouldn't purchase the vmaxx. I think FM even states that their kit is not rebuildable. With that in mind I would go the Bilstein, sleeve, qa1 spring route, konis + " ", or Tein Basics/Street Basis. The Koni/Bilstein route in particular seems very advantageous in that later on the down the line they can be sent off to FCM (Bilstein) and the like to become quite a competent setup if one should desire to do so.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast