Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: philrob37's Project NA6 V Special

Idling - Listen to it purr... philrob37's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Hi guys,

Not much to report at the moment on the Roadster front.

So far I have just been enjoying driving the car, I have fitted a stick on number plate and put some Rev9 stickers on the side windows.

At the moment I am just enjoying the car as it is mainly due to me being broke right now ( I just bought motorbike no.4) and I'm restoring my GSXR750 as well.

Having driven the car for about 300 miles now I can safely say that I prefer the B6 engine over the BP found in the 1.8. The car is revvy and feels eager whereas the 1.8 did feel a bit lazy. The power steering on the Eunos is far better than the non PAS rack found in the UK car as well. I'm now looking forward to painting up my Watanabes and fitting my coilovers. I cleaned and polished up my Arc chamber recently so I'll fit that when I buy a Racing Beat elbow.

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch Sarah's Avatar
    Drives
    1989 Silverstone Eunos Roadster
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by philrob37 View Post
    The power steering on the Eunos is far better than the non PAS rack found in the UK car as well.
    You car is looking good.

I have to say that I actually prefer the manual rack on my Eunos Roadster, to the Power rack that I had on my UK market car.

Idling - Listen to it purr... philrob37's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    That's interesting. My UK car didn't feel as pin sharp as my Eunos. Did your Eunos originally have power steering? I know that some people remove the power steering pump from the Eunos and I believe the UK cars had a different ratio on the steering rack compared to the Eunos.

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch Sarah's Avatar
    Drives
    1989 Silverstone Eunos Roadster
    Thanks Given
    My '92 UK market car had power steering fitted from the factory, and my '89 Eunos has manual steering as per the factory. My Enuos is a low spec car when you consider most Japanese market cars got most of the options available, my Roadster was built with manual steering, manual windows and no AC.

As far as I know the ratios are the same across the markets the car was sold in, with the only change being that the manual rack had a slower ratio than the power.

I think its all down to preference. I personally find the power steering lacks the feel of the manual even if the ratio is a bit slower. I would love to see what a de-powered rack feels like.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12