Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 3th Annual TFMMC Summer Meet! Saturday July 14th, 2012

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper13 View Post
    Damn son,that is one UGLY picture,at least you could have waited until I was in front of my car. FYI,it got me a date on Farmers only.com. There you go Yata,a softball for you,even you can't screw this one up.
    What size shirt are you Fred, Ill get you a better looking shirt, you need to burn that one.

Gerry, I wanted to thank you for taking the pictures of everyone, that was REALLY very cool and unselfish of you, most folks would just take photos of their crew and say screw everyone else.

ThatWhiteNA, I don't think they really had all the others leaving, I was with a larger group from Tampa and Orlando Miatas and we all hung out, nobody told us they were leaving for photos, but we kinda guessed that and just shurgged and said, oh well, more prizes for us!

I don't think anyone got bent out of shape and it was a good turnout. Not sure whom the "One" person is everyone is referring to? But what you have to be prepared for with ANY event is the unexpected, always plan for the worst outcome, and unexpected, rain, cars dying on the way over, folks getting lost, speeding tickets, etc etc. The 5 guys that left early for photos had zero impact on everyone else IMHO, the guy that got upset just needs to relax, this was a good event with no major hickups, bravo to you guys, I have planned several large events in the past and know its draining, yall did good!

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Muti007's Avatar
    Drives
    AP2 S2000, LS430 & GX470
    Thanks Given
    blackbandit, thoroughly enjoying your photography. Thanks so much for sharing!
    M
    Love all, trust a few, do harm to none....William Shakespeare

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    1999 Silver With 01 Front End
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
    I would like to say I was among the five who left, We left to get some group photos(we drove up together) so yea.... Im Andrew and I approve this message

Oh yea the meet was a blast! well worth the long ass drive, which was a lil interesting thanks to thumper

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power f86sabjf's Avatar
    Drives
    02nb crystal blue metallic
    Thanks Given
    I was part of a small group that just went home around 12:30. I had a fun time but it was so hot a few of us had enough and left .

My issue is with the person and comment and attack on Bandit. Especially considering the attacker was the organizer of the event. Bad form on about 100 levels.

Having helped organize the last Lakeland meet that had over160 cars I understand what goes into these things and you will never make everyone happy but he attacked a participant. Shame on him

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Thumper13's Avatar
    Drives
    Like a Maniac
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTCM View Post
    Oh yea the meet was a blast! well worth the long ass drive, which was a lil interesting thanks to thumper

I would tell you to post the picture of your speedometer from that run but I don't want to see you/us get blasted. Too bad we don't have a pic of Marco and the cop

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone mini_fd's Avatar
    Drives
    1999 Black Miata
    Thanks Given
    My favorite part is when the cop told him that we were a quarter mile down and exdotcomer rooms by Marco

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone SM16RMSM's Avatar
    Drives
    VR 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata
    Thanks Given
    Damn, I missed some big fight here.

Drives
    Like a Maniac
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by SM16RMSM View Post
    Damn, I missed some big fight here.
    Nope,but you did miss one hell of a ride

Drives
    Like a Maniac
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
    My favorite part is when the cop told him that we were a quarter mile down and exdotcomer rooms by Marco
    My favorite part was when the cop felt sorry for him,driving a girlie car and let him go If he would have kept up with us he would have missed the cop. See what happens when you drive over the speed limit but not over enough

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift I<3flippyheadlights's Avatar
    Drives
    1990 Spirited Green Miata!
    Thanks Given
    My favorite part was when the cop felt sorry for him,driving a girlie car and let him go If he would have kept up with us he would have missed the cop. See what happens when you drive over the speed limit but not over enough
    Ain't that a bitch.
    1990 Miata, she was red but now she is Spirit Green!

http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....d-a-love-story <--- build thread!

Also check out the facebook page http://www.facebook.com/IHeartFlippyHeadlights !!! Its a facebook page dedicated to the awesomeness which is flippyheadlights! Not me, but the actual headlights! High time someone noticed how awesome these things are; check it out!

Drives
    VR 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata
    Thanks Given
    Nope,but you did miss one hell of a ride
    Which ever one I missed, I missed. But someone did show me what he posted and that was just wrong. If I remember correctly, he never drove to the front where the pictures where being taken. So I don't see how that was Bandits fault. O'well, It's over with.

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    Which ever one I missed, I missed. But someone did show me what he posted and that was just wrong. If I remember correctly, he never drove to the front where the pictures where being taken. So I don't see how that was Bandits fault. O'well, It's over with.
    Ha! That's a great point!! I do recall a few coming in at the end but instead of coming all the way in and taking the round about, they saw folks stopping and probably figured there was no parking left and just started to back up into the grass as they arrived.

Drives
    Like a Maniac
    Thanks Given
    The what you missed was the ride TO the meet. Lets just say the speeds were in keeping with the Kamikaze Suicide Jockey Club style of Miata driving.

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! The Driver's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 Montego Blue Leather Package + 5 Speed = Torsen II
    Thanks Given
    Damn son,that is one UGLY picture,at least you could have waited until I was in front of my car. FYI,it got me a date on Farmers only.com. There you go Yata,a softball for you,even you can't screw this one up.
    You can't blame him for the ugly pic, thats your parent's fault!
    96 Montego, replacing a 95M... I miss: My running peeps in Tampa, running barefoot @ Clearwater Beach and First Choice BBQ, in Brandon. In So Cal I miss: The Malibu Canyons, CA 33 and In & Out Burgers ! I'm from Tampa, if I was from Tampa Bay, I'd be a fish!

Drives
    VR 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata
    Thanks Given
    The what you missed was the ride TO the meet. Lets just say the speeds were in keeping with the Kamikaze Suicide Jockey Club style of Miata driving.
    It was no better on my end. My group didn't even leave for the meet til 10:30. And then some guy walked and and said he would wash our cars for free with donations. Guess how that ended up. I was on a verge of leaving them behind. I was running a pretty good speed and ran into some rain on the way there. I would call it "Asking For Another Speed Ticket" run.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7101112131415161718 LastLast