Thread: The Rocketeer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone mini_fd's Avatar
    Drives
    1999 Black Miata
    Thanks Given
    My quest for my A/C to perform as efficient as possible continues with the purchase of a CoverCraft Sunshade. Parking the car while Jeanne and I are enjoying the weekend cruise and doing some historic district shopping etc.( " she's calls it antiquing" Don't judge me lol) but the car bakes in the sun. Florida parking lots have no trees to retreat underneath to.

Well, one step closer to my insanity consists of this custom cut CoverCraft UVS100 through https://www.carid.com/1993-mazda-rx-...-10095883.html Keeping the dash as ambient as possible is my goal because the A/C has to cool the dash before we can really feel the cool air. I ordered the UVS100 and waited for a month to receive the product. That wait seem to be nonexistent as I put the shade on the front windshield. I couldn't believe how nicely it fit. I mean were talking snug with little to no light protruding through the edge of the pillar. Its structure is a very thick accordion style fold board that seems to have strength since it can prop itself up without the help of the sun visors to lay it flat against the windshield. The instructions though ask for you to press them against the sunshade.

I also had the option to pick a reflective color which was Gold because I am engulfed in the Montego Blue life and Gold along with Bronze goes well with the paint.

Heres some pictures. I am also going to have installed a 3M crystalline Clear tint on the windshield to keep the dash cool while driving because the A/C is cooling the dash before it cools us.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mini_fd For This Useful Post:

etikoner (07-17-2017),HarryB (07-17-2017),tsingson (07-17-2017)

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone etikoner's Avatar
    Drives
    1995 Merlot Mica
    Thanks Given
    I need one of those badly.. Nice purchase.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to etikoner For This Useful Post:

mini_fd (07-18-2017)