Quote Originally Posted by Golden Stallion View Post
been loving your progress so far. What are your goals as of right now and what do you plan on doing with removing the engine?
Thanks!
As for the goals I only want to do everything once. So I'll be building the car to handle as much power as I could ever want to throw at it.
Get rid of the frame damage with a new front end
Replace the rocker panel to fix the rust
Full roll cage
Flares
Paint
Then comes engine work. I don't really want to say anything this early on since plans could change, but I do have an engine lined up to be built.

I will be taking my time with this build so everything I just stated is probably the next year's worth, or more, of work.

Quote Originally Posted by John J View Post
You might want to consider seam welding the frame. FM has a great set of pictures for doing this while the car is disassemble.
I actually stumbled across that article the other day and saved the pictures. I will be doing that once the rocker is fixed. The reason why I'm not doing it now is because from what I've seen replacement rocker panels meet up at the door jamb seam. I just don't want to weld that only to create a hassle come replacement time.

After class I removed the rad and coolant hoses. I placed a bucket under the drain plug and accidentally let the drain plug fall into the bucket. The coolant was filling up the bucket very quickly! With no signs of it stopping I started frantically searching for another bucket with no success.
The first thing that comes into my head is this:

I run into the house to find something to use, and I couldn't find anything. So then I go back into the garage to see that it stopped. The bucket was JUST large enough.
Almost Spilled by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Rad and hoses are out now.
Top Side is Ready by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Unless I'm forgetting something everything in the engine bay is done minus the exhaust manifold. All I have to do now is unbolt the slave cylinder from the transmission, remove 2 PPF bolts and take the driveshaft out. Once I'm ready to remove them I will undo the motor mounts.