Thread: Reechards Track Eunos

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Thanks Given

Reechards Track Eunos

Taken from other forums so some parts might not make sense.

Well today I picked up my first mx5. After 27 hours of being awake I cycled to the station in the pitch black.
    5am is far too early for a saturday. I got to my sisters and awaited the call to say I could go view the car.

Turned up and it looked pretty good, paint not too bad, no rust. The front bumper has been painted a different silver and the bonnet seems to be wonky, looks like just the lifters maybe though.
    Otherwise its pretty clean.

Here are some of the pictures from the ebay advert. Not gotten round to taking any of my own yet.

On the drive home found dodgy drivers door barrel, jimmy fixed it so I didnt have to keep climbing out the passenger side, god knows how he did it mind...
    Brakes need changing as the pedal goes soft to hard. The hood could do with being changed as apparent it occasionally leaks, not too vital as not all the time.

I also want to paint the wheels to a different colour and maybe the mirrors too.

Other things I think need looking at are a blowing exhaust, the bonnet hinges/alignment and the front bumper.
    Otherwise it all seems like a drive and go job

Thanks Given
    Its not too late to take yours

Well got a few more pictures this evening. And even managed to do my first 'mod' on it.

And the Momo wheel which was worn has been swapped for my OMP Corsica, its dished but isnt too bad. Although will have to see if I need a flat wheel once I have been on track with it.

Thanks Given
    Well I won a few bits on ebay recently.

Nice spoiler, normally over £100 for it, and I get a free boot with 3rd brake light.

Also a strut brace for the engine bay. Looks nice and should help stiffen the front end a bit.

Hopefully should have them by the weekend. And my replacement mirrors turned up so I need to paint them up at some point, but for now just getting them on the car will do.

Thanks Given
    Haha sorry steve. I'll be fitting it tomorrow once I have collected it so will show you some pictures of how good it could look.

Well I had some parts turn up today and yesterday.

Spark Plugs and Oil Filter.

Then today my brace arrived.

And I purchased some new ht leads, I had been having some issues with misfiring if the car is sat for more than a day.

And fitting.

Brace fitted. For a cheap ebay job its actually pretty well made and a good fit. Will have to see if it actually improves things though.

And finally as I had broken my passenger mirror, ironically when folding it in to stop it getting knocked off! my new ones turned up.
    However I couldnt get the drivers one off so I have 2 different coloured mirrors.

Drove through 5 different counties on my trip for the ducktail spoiler and boot.

So on the way home I thought why not stop, enjoy the sunsetting and take some photos.

My ebc pads and the air filter turned up while I was out so hopefully will get them on tomorrow, along with the bucket seat I used in my track saxo.

Thanks Given
    Well had a bit of time this morning to start doing a few bits on the 5 after collecting parts.

I noticed after the half track day on Friday that my pads were now dead and grinding.
    So I had the yellow stuff pads and some part used discs with plenty of life on them that I picked up on Thursday.

Wheel off.

So started to take the calipers apart.

Then the discs were stubborn and didnt want to come off.

So out came the rubber hammer!

Can also see how bad the pads were on the drivers side here...

Got the disc off and gave the hub a clean up with the wire brush.

And the uneven pad wear.

Then once I had rebuilt them I started on the air filter.

Old

New

Rear brakes still grinding but waiting for parts to turn up. Still need to do the oil change aswell.
    Bucket seat didnt want to line up with the runners so I am going to get some metal bars and just bend and drill holes in it to line up on the floor. Will have to be fixed but it will work.

Well I got a nice tax rebate recently so it was time to treat the 5.

This will be updated as parts arrive and then are fitted.
    First up is the suspension. I was having issues of bouncing and very soft suspension. When changing the brakes I noticed all the damper bushes have perished and just flop about. After the recent track day I knew this was an area I needed to improve upon. Especially with many more track days in mind.

Anyway pictures of the lovely box of goodies.

And some things from inside.

Only issue with these are I dont have the mk2 top mounts to put in so I can get them fitted

Also a nice picture of the rack I got from a friend who has sold his 5. He also let me have some wheels, but no pictures of these just yet.
    Spraying to get rid of the chrome.

And some of it on the car.

Finally another picture of how bad the rear brakes had become. This was the sticking caliper side, making all the damned grinding noise!

Plenty more parts due to turn up next week. Then its getting them fitted!

Thanks Given
    5 has been off roading today, I was sent to ask the farmers about some birds for christmas. I ended up on this lane

And the dirt once home, was hoping for more

Thanks Given
    Well I got the time to sort the exhaust out.

I thought I had gotten a il motorsport cat back exhaust. Turns out its not Its actually a racing beat one

Will be getting some better pictures tomorrow.
    Old exhaust off.

New exhaust.

Middle section on.

And here is the video I had before I got the bolts to join the two sections, so just the cat then middle pipe on.
    Video quality isnt great but you get the idea.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh3BL...lcp&playnext=1

And one with it all complete and bolted on.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by8Gr...1&feature=plcp

Right well here are some pictures of the roof being swapped, not many as was a bit dirty/wet and covered in moss as a result.

Kind of like the no roof look...

And today started to test out the stripe scheme, although its been done to death already, this is a slight tribute to a mates old car and also because of the 911 model I got from a mate for christmas.

Blue.....

Bronze.........

Together!

Dont worry the rest of the stripes will be continued.

And a start made to brighten the interior, not very good pic though.

Thanks Given
    Well I got some more bits in the post. Rocker Cover Gasket, Adaptor for the induction cone and Boot springs.

Recently I had a squeak coming from the pulley area. I found out what it was today, looks like some sort of tensioner for the power steering belt, that is cracking.

And then I set about fitting the induction kit and heat shield.

Thanks Given
    Well inbetween attacking the Jag today I managed to do a little bit of painting.
    Thought I could start doing the wheels so...

Centre caps from both sets of wheels, ready to be sanded.

And in primer.

And then the blue started...

And how they look when it got dark.

Hopefully getting the rest of the caps and some of the wheels done tomorrow

Thanks Given
    Well I started to do a bit of painting today on the wheels.

Primer.

And first layer of paint.

Centre cap roughly in place.