Thread: Ultimate Miata Coilovers Thread, what are you using?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    5,000 rpm - there be torque here! Greasemonkey2000's Avatar
    Drives
    2001 NB2 aka Misfire
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,233 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twguru View Post
    The Product
    If you've managed to read through all of that, well done. If not, please scroll back up and read through it all. The reason I say this is because we want all of our customers to understand exactly what VST are about, and why we do what we do.

For our Coilover Kits, we have split these into 4 separate stages, however, they all have the following in common:

- The same Hardware as detailed above
    - The same Adjustability as detailed above (exc. the independently adjustable reservoirs)
    - The same Tuning procedure as detailed above
    - You get to choose the lengths and stroke of the dampers that you require from our inventory (we have a multitude of damper body lengths and rod strokes available) and, unlike our competitors, are not locked into what they decide to give you
    - You get to choose the spring lengths and rates that you require, from 4" to 11" in length, and from 4kg/mm to 50kg/mm. We will, of course, assist you in calculating the correct Natural Ride Frequencies
    - If you already have your own linear springs or wish to purchase your own (these must be 62-65mm ID), you can remove the default Swift option (Springs & Thrust Sheets) and deduct $200 from the price
    - We will ship worldwide. Shipping is flat-rate $100 to North America, Western Europe, South-East Asia and Australasia. For other regions, please contact us
    - These are available for NA/NB, NC and ND
    - Lead time for Stage 1 Kits are ~ 2-3 days
    - Lead time for Stage 2/3 Kits are ~ 2-3 weeks
    - Stage 4 Kits are currently being tested

VST Stage 1 (DIY Kit) - $1000 <- Industry first. AFAIK, no other company offers this, certainly not in "Kit" form anyway. This was the original intention of my DIY thread listed above. Suffice to say, it has come to fruition. Can be upgraded to Stage 4 at a later date
    Lowest priced option. These will be available in a Street tune and a Road/Race tune, but the customer would need to build and bleed the dampers themselves. Of course, we will offer a full guide on how to do this and will be available to help every step of the way. If I'm in your area during my travels, I may even be able to stop by and assist.

VST Stage 2 (Pre-Assembled Kit) - $1250 <- Similar to what most are used to when buying a coilover kit, but without the QC issues. Can be upgraded to Stage 4 at a later date
    A kit with pre-assembled dampers. Customer just needs to assemble the mounts/collars/springs (they will be packaged individually) onto the dampers and install it onto their car. More expensive, but the actual dampers would be built, bled and QC'd by me personally with a semi-custom tune (to match their chosen spring rates, corner weights and tires). These will be available in a Street tune and a Road/Race tune. This is basically similar to what you'd get from an "off-the-shelf" kit from another vendor, but will be customised for your exact vehicle and without the QC issues inherent with "off-the-shelf"

VST Stage 3 (Custom-Valved Kit) - $1500 <- Similar to what you'd get if you were to spend $3k+ from a more established brand. Can be upgraded to Stage 4 at a later date
    A custom tuned kit. Similar to Stage 2, but I will personally tune the damping curve to your required specifications. If you have a little more knowledge as to what you want out of your dampers, you don't have to rely on me to tell you what you need/want; I will just tune the curve to match as close-as-possible (within the limits of our valving) to what you want. Want a steeper compression ramp? Not a problem. Want a set that resembles your Xida's, KW, Ohlins or Penske's? Not a problem.

VST Stage 4 (Independently Adjustable Kit) - $TBC (will be ~$2500). ETA 1-2 Months <- Similar to what you'd get if you were to spend $5k+ from a more established brand
    Similar to our Stage 3 Kit, but including external reservoirs allowing independent compression adjustments.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Tony
    I have spoke to Tony via email numerous times and he is very helpful and very knowledgeable. Again really reminds me of Shaikh from Fat Cat Motorsports. This is the route I think I will be going. I will see if he would be interested in joining here to add to the conversations about suspensions.
    '01 NB2 aka MisF1re: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....218#post207218
    '97 M aka Warbird, gone but not forgotten: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....B&goto=newpost
    Instagram: @greasemonkey2000

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greasemonkey2000 For This Useful Post:

HarryB (08-02-2021),Slampen (04-23-2019)