Hi there,

I am currently installing the Ms Labs MS2 megasquirt ECU and I am replacing the flappy AFM with an AIT sensor instead.

My aim is to retain as a stock looking engine bay as possible, I also do not like open air filters due to the fact they are inheriently near to the exhaust manifold and can inhale warm air.

My plan is to retain the stock airbox whilst removing the AFM.

I plan to achive this by using a 1.8 airbox top as it flows better than the Square inlet on the 1.6 box and then manufacture a replacement pipe in the stock 1.8 MAF sensors place. This will have a welded bung on top to allow for insertion of the AIT sensor. The stock airbox will then be plummed into the bulkhead to hopefully enjoy some of the cooler higher velocity air in the same vein as the randall intake.

My question is, has anyone else completed this? If so, what were your methods and do you have any pictures?

Thus far it is proving difficult to make the pipe stay inside the 1.8 airbox top as there is little for it to be bolted onto due to the way the MAF fits in. My current frame of mind is to have a machine shop make a replica of the 1.8 maf from alloy but without the restrictive inside parts.

Any help is appreciated.