Thread: Looking for new seats. (96 MX5)

Idling - Listen to it purr... Dmndking's Avatar
    Drives
    96 MX-5, White
    Thanks Given

Looking for new seats. (96 MX5)

Hey,

So I am in desperate need of some new seats, any suggestions on where to go?
    Last edited by Dmndking; 05-09-2015 at 08:42 AM.

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone TNRooster3's Avatar
    Drives
    chaste White, 1996 R2-Limited Eunos Roadster
    Thanks Given
    I have owned 3 Miatas and the 1996 that I own now was fitted with seats from a 1995 M edition and are very, very good, but also very very rare, if I am correct only 3500 were made. Some folks from my miata club that have sat in my car talk about how comfortable the seats are and want to change their seats in their NAs. I'd look for some seats from a '95 M edition but they may cost a bit if the seller knows what they are.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here!
    Drives
    '97 black NA, bought new, currently in storage while I save up for a restoration/FM V8 transplant
    Thanks Given
    I strongly recommend sitting in any seat before you make the decision to go in that direction. It can be an expensive and enormously aggravating experience not to do so. While there may be generally help opinions about which seats are more comfortable, supportive-whatever--it only matters what YOU think.

For example, many people like the original NA seat. I hate them. Bottom rear cushion is too flat for me and not enough lumbar support.

So, before you hunt down any particular seat, find one that you can actually try out. JMHO.

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    Post your location and an ad in the wanted to buy section of what you are looking for. I have some NA seats right now but not selling just yet. I might keep them if my butt does not agree with the racing seats I have.