Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: What kind of exhaust are you guys running?

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Thanks Given

What kind of exhaust are you guys running?

My exhaust pipes is rusted to hell and has sooooo many holes in it, so I am looking to replace it ASAP.

So I was wondering, what are you guys running?
    I was looking around for something that had a deep tone, and wasn't TOO loud (and definitely not raspy).. but there really isn't much options as compared to the NA.

I was looking at the Greddy Ti-C, but thats very expensive just for the muffler. I was also looking at the roadstersport 3...
    I wish fujitsubo made exhaust for the NB I loved the RM-01a on my '92.

Idling - Listen to it purr... Muzdaman's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    I have an RM01A on my NA, Im sure an exhaust shop could make it work on an NB.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power morr's Avatar
    Drives
    1990 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    I'm running the RacingBeat catless midpipe and the Enthuza XR lightweight muffler and it gives a deep tone, with no rasp even at higher RPM.

RoadsterLife<3

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Conundrum's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    I have a roadstersport 3. I can get pics later tomorrow...er today. Can't do video though sorry. It sounds great when warm though. Promise.
    We're here for a good time, not for a long time.
    91 NA6 - Tein Flex - Single Diagonal Roll Bar by Moti - Roadstersport 3 Exhaust - XXR 513 - Yokohama S Drive - more stuff

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Thumper13's Avatar
    Drives
    Like a Maniac
    Thanks Given
    Riceland Header,RB catless resonated mid pipe and Enthuza XR cat back. I'm guessing Morrs car sounds like that because his exhaust is almost outside and the mic is capturing too much engine noise. My setup, like his( except for header ) is all about exhaust. When we did parade laps @ speeds higher than 65 ( Thanks Jon ) around Sebring, a car two places in front of me was able to capture my exhaust sound around the track. If Derek was here I could get him to post up the video.
    Last edited by Thumper13; 01-21-2012 at 09:19 AM.

Idling - Listen to it purr... VdizzleMyNizzle's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Roadster Sport Mid Pipe and Exhaust on my Supercharge miata. It's nice and deep, no rasp at all, plus theres a baffale you can use or remove.
    (CR.net screen name JerryMouse4U)
    Hard Dog Double Diagonal, 15x8 XXR 501, Riceland Coilover W/ ISC Tophats For Now, Silver Hardtop (trading for a Emerald Green Mica/Black) Roadster Sport 2.5" Mid Pipe and 2.5"Exhaust, 37mm Koyo Radiator w/Mishimoto fan Shrouds,Mishimoto Radiator Hose, Custom Coolant Re-route, Flyin Miata Boost Gauge, Prosport Oil and Water Temp Gauges, AEM Uego Wideband, MOSS MP62 Supercharged

Drives
    1990 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper13 View Post
    Riceland Header,RB catless resonated mid pipe and Enthuza XR cat back. I'm guessing Morrs car sounds like that because his exhaust is almost outside and the mic is capturing too much engine noise. My setup, like his( except for header ) is all about exhaust. When we did parade laps @ speeds higher than 65 ( Thanks Jon ) around Sebring, a car two places in front of me was able to capture my exhaust sound around the track. If Derek was here I could get him to post up the video.
    In the second clip you can hear it better. Granted, I was just cruising by not flooring it. I definitely love the tone though. My setup was pretty loud when I had a fully stripped interior... I can't imagine it with a header on there! Post the video clips if you can find em.
    RoadsterLife<3

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! psulja's Avatar
    Drives
    1999 Twilight Blue/1991 Mariner Blue
    Thanks Given
    I have a RacingBeat muffler, IMO it's too quiet. Will try to find a video of it.
    Paul | IG- @psulja
    Build thread:
    1991 Mariner Blue - Built 1.8 swap, EFR, Fab9Tuning, Tii drivetrain

Thanks Given
    wow thanks for all the replies guys! probably gonna get roadstersport 3 or maybe enthuza..wish they had a bigger tip though.

But I just realized my exhaust manifold downpipe thingy (sorry I'm not too savvy with exhaust parts) had most of the holes and rust, so I looked at Riceland headers, but they only make them for the 99-00

is my next option only RB headers with a $300+ increase in price? I just wanted something to replace the rustiness!

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! psulja's Avatar
    Drives
    1999 Twilight Blue/1991 Mariner Blue
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by MsShifted View Post
    But I just realized my exhaust manifold downpipe thingy (sorry I'm not too savvy with exhaust parts) had most of the holes and rust, so I looked at Riceland headers, but they only make them for the 99-00

is my next option only RB headers with a $300+ increase in price? I just wanted something to replace the rustiness!
    Just replace it with a turbo

But after looking around really quickly, unfortunately most headers are over $350, unless you can find a used one that is in better condition? Just a thought. Could hold you over until you're ready to spend more money or a used one pops up.
    Paul | IG- @psulja
    Build thread:
    1991 Mariner Blue - Built 1.8 swap, EFR, Fab9Tuning, Tii drivetrain

Drives
    Like a Maniac
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by MsShifted View Post
    wow thanks for all the replies guys! probably gonna get roadstersport 3 or maybe enthuza..wish they had a bigger tip though.

Jason at Enthuzacar will put any size tip you want on any of his systems. He does great work,just give him a call

Drives
    Like a Maniac
    Thanks Given
    Morr

I believe the second video of your car is the one that may be decide to go to the XR. I will try and get some video/audio of my car tomorrow

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by psulja View Post
    Just replace it with a turbo

But after looking around really quickly, unfortunately most headers are over $350, unless you can find a used one that is in better condition? Just a thought. Could hold you over until you're ready to spend more money or a used one pops up.
    yeah, i'd love to find a used one, but here in hawaii, parts are very hard to find... oh well.. guess i gotta dish out the $$$

Thanks Given
    Morr

I believe the second video of your car is the one that may be decide to go to the XR. I will try and get some video/audio of my car tomorrow
    i would love to hear it

Drives
    1990 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Morr

Thanks I'm flattered! I bought the muffler first and was afraid the RB midpipe might make it super loud and raspy, so I'm definitely happy with the end result.
    RoadsterLife<3

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast