Thread: HarryB's Strato blue NB2

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift HarryB's Avatar
    Drives
    '04 Strato Blue NB2
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,332 Posts
    Things have been awfully busy lately, so no time to work on the car. Just tiny bits here and there when time allowed. Window tint was applied and HT installed, albeit it gave me a good headache, as I could not get it to seal properly on the corner where it meets the car body/door/window. Searched a LOT and it seems like a fairly common issue; I have thought a DIY solution out of it, which I will document and get back for reference once I get some time. That being said, the HT is watertight, but not airtight above 120-130kph which is irritating.

An issue with idle droop when headlights were on came up, and was solved using the GND/TEN method and idle screw adjustment. Adding to mishaps, a guy decided that he wanted my parking spot on a supermarket lot, so he backed into my rear bumper, chipping the paint. He later moved on denying he did it, but eyewitnesses (and photos) convinced him I had a case, so his insurance will fix that after all.

In the meantime, I hunted down various creaks and squeaks and managed to scare away quite a few. The latest were today, as I realized that the PO has not installed the two nuts on the right taillight. I took apart the whole boot cover and carpet, cleaned up everything, removed the filler neck cover, installed rubber grommets (it was clearly rubbing and vibrating in one place), washed the carpet and reinstalled everything. I need to find 4 new carpet clips though, as I missed 3 and had a half-broken one as well.

Before:

After:

Really liked the cleanup, so I am thinking of removing all interior carpet, clean up and add some sort of noise isolation in the shelf behind the seats, as well as on the transmission tunnel.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HarryB For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (01-10-2016),Paul B (10-31-2015),RustRat (10-31-2015)