Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The slow KLLKWTHPU Build.

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    96 Black C pack Miatur. 99 e46.
    Thanks Given
    NEW PURTS!!

I looked outside my door and saw Tiny box Tim.

Energy Suspension Hyperflex Master Kit in BLAAAACK.

And Hella E-Code headlights. Which I installed five minutes ago.

I took some before and after pics with my rank ass camera.

Here are the old Sylvania Halogens on low beam.

And here they are on high beam.

Low beam.

High beam.

...it really does, every time someone rode in my car at night, they would ask if I had a burnt headlight.

So I got to work.

The whole install was schvucking cake. The hardest part was finding the two screws that I dropped.

HOWEVER.......I did something else as well. Every time I went over a bump, both of the headlights rattled. This was-a pissin-ame off. It turns out that BOTH headlight frames were loose. I just tightened the bolts up and now the rattles are gone. The headlight cover lines even line up to the body lights now.

Here are the after pics.

Hella E-codes.

Low beams.

High beams.

Low.

High.

I dun shit myself with happiness, wonderment and all that other Disney crap when I drove around and tested them out.

My camera is a pile of Sasquatch feces, so in the after pics the light cutoff on low beam is MUCH more apparent than the pics show. The Sylvanias had NO cutoff, you could see in the pics that the low beam was basically high beam pointed down.

Overall its MUCH better in real life and a poop ton better than the Sylvanias.

In short these lights are HELLA fine.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Welp I detailed the gosh darn thing.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    SMALL UPDATE AHOY!!!

I received my oil pressure gauge from the dealership, I still need to get a sending unit.

I'm also looking at the Harddog M2 rollbar with the harness bar tabs. I'll get the bolt in harness bar later on when I need it.

I know that many of you prefer a welded in harness bar but ie'z be got a glass window yo. So that just plain sucks. I'll have to get the M2.

Another thing. I went to the car meet in orlando. (S2K meet with one supercharged NSX.) And my car stood up for team Miata by Overheating in traffic. Fucking yay.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    So.................Look what I got for $75.

MSM Gearbox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjy_7haflaM

BUT....

There is a catch.

It was run low on oil.

I bought it from Treasure coast miata. And they told me that it shifted fine when it was pulled out. But the input bearing made a whining noise.

No matter.

I'll be taking this gearbox apart in my Manual transmission class and putting in a new bearing, or rebuilding it all together.

It's a winwinwin scenario for me because I get the credit in the class for working on MY gearbox and it'll cost less to rebuild it than to find another one online. And even if it doesn't, it'll go towards passing my class.

And if the gearbox is junk. Oh well, it was a $75 dollar gamble for a MSM gearbox.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    I just installed my new REAL oil pressure gauge. And deleted my charcoal canister.

I just aquiered an RX7 rear diff housing for $90. That will be the base for my new rear end that I have planned in order to go with my MSM gearbox. 3.3 rear end (hopefully) and the same Torsen diff for now. Of course adding the Poly mounts.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    More parts for the pile.

Just received an Oil pan, dipstick and MBSP from an 01-05 Miata.

And my first First 'breakdown'.

The heater hose split, along with another hose running under the intake manifold to the oil warmer. Now the car is sitting until I replace EVERYTHING with the cooling system. I noticed that there was a lot of mineral deposits in the coolant when I took off the cap.

What happened was, I replaced the heater hose and drove around. All was good. So I went to work. All was good.

I came back from work. All was shit. I was running distilled water and some coolant flush at the time. A hose under the intake manifold broke on I-95.

At this point I didn't know it even happened until my heater stopped working.

Less than five seconds it took for the temp gauge to go from 11o-clock to holy shittytitties.

I was flippin my shit but I looked down at my scan gauge and saw the temp at 209 and slowly climbing, so that meant that the coolant temp gauge sensor was not submerged in coolant anymore.

While the sensor that works for the OBD 2 was still reading correctly.

Anyways, the car is stopped in my garage.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    This here be pics of current updativeness.

Literally EVERY hose that I touched was basically hard plastic at this point.

Brittle PCV valve. (I cut my nails. TEEHEE)

Guuuuurl that naaasty.

Learned something new about the car. This isn't the original engine. You can see the stamp on the block.

So I guess the engine doesn't have 200k+ miles on it so when they switched out the engine they also switched the instrument cluster with it? Yaaay?

BOTH my motor mounts were broken Clean off. Mother nature was holding that engine in place. (Old driver's side mount next to the new Comp mounts. When I remove the engine, I'll be installing Poly mounts because FUCK changing these again.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    I'm almost done with putting everything back together but I'm still debating on upgrading the header or not. I was going to because I wanted a rotrex supercharger. But now i'm thinking of a FM Voodoo I kit.

IDK.

Regardless I still bought a racing beat egr cap and am STILL waiting on my FAB9 tuning COP kit to arrive.

To recap what I did.

*Replaced motor mounts
    *M-tuned coolant reroute
    *Carbon Miata Black Coolant and Vacuum hoses kit
    *ALL top and front gaskets and seals
    *Timing belt. (Gates supperdooper Blue racing Kevlar belt. Because it was like only $14 more expensive. And if it has the word RACING in it, how in the living FUCK could you go wrong?)
    *Water pump
    *COP Kit
    *Accessory belts
    *New Alternator
    *Removed EGR System
    *Rebuilt power steering pump.

Why not delete? I don't want to do it halfassed and just plug it. I'd like to get it properly welded and rebuilt someday. BUT I'll be running a smaller steering wheel and MAYBE wider tires 15x8 or 9 with. But that's WAY down the line. The reason for the rebuilt was the pump leaked. So it was either $180'ish bucks to get a reman Duralast pump, just to probably rip it out later. Or $10 for the rebuild kit.

If you've thought about doing this. Do it.

It is SO easy.

Drives
    Thanks Given

I wanted to cut off my Gear cover but wasn't confident enough to do the job right. That and I don't have adjustable cam gears.

I'll just get a Protege valve cover later on.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    The car lives but I had to get another alternator.

In other news, I ordered a HD M2 Hardcore Rollbar, Bolt in harness bar, and the vinyl padding.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Also got some stickers.

That's a perfect segway into the oil that I changed.

Shell Rotella 5w40 Synthetic. I did this because of the lifter tap at WOT. I think the oil was worn after overheating the engine.

I also used a K&N Oil filter.

Lifter tick is greatly diminished.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    I also properly mounted my scangauge. Instead of having it in my cup holder.

This is actually really good. I love the way this looks. The scangauge colors can be changed. And the color is pretty much identical to the Mazda green at night.

And if I don't like it when I put in a new steering wheel, It's totally reversible.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Small update. I've got the roll bar installed. And I'm pleased to say that it fits 100% WITH the harness bar attached. The top goes up and down with no issue.

I found an empty box of 'true' cigarettes under the parcel shelf.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    I also removed my A/C. Shame because the A/C worked REALLY well But it leaked and I wanted more airflow to the Radiator.

I also took off my front bumper and tried to fix as much of the dent on the nose as I could.

Box-o-shit.

I also ordered the 949 Racing stainless steel brake lines. I'm hoping to piece together the rest of my braking system soon.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    The Fab9 COP's have been excellent. No problems other than an installation issue that was my fault. But they fixed it no problem.

The main reason that I got this was it worked on a stock ECU. The Trackspeed one does not.

I mounted the ignition module on the firewall as per the recommendation in the instructions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast