Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lotus Elise Seat Questions

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Paul B's Avatar
    Drives
    White NA Miata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,496 Times in 575 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryB View Post
    Sector 111 (http://www.sector111.com/parts/track...t_grommets.cfm) does some. Not quite sure I would drive around with 4 point harnesses in a DD though.
    Thanks for that link. Ill check those out as an option.

Still trying to figure out a way to use stock seatbelt. May even try to move the guide with spacers/washers. Or see if the Carbon Miata extenders would work in the bolt location behind the roll bar that mounts the bar to the car.

Car isn't exactly my daily driver. I drive it once or twice a week to work and back, if that. And when I am able to run a few errands if my son is at my parents'. And its only on the road 6 months out of the year.

What is the concern with 4 point harness? I used them in my previous Miata. And that car was my daily driver.

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift HarryB's Avatar
    Drives
    '04 Strato Blue NB2
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,274 Times in 1,331 Posts
    Nothing safety related really, just a matter of personal preference. I find it a bit of a struggle to get them on/tighten them properly/drive/take them off/make them loose so that you can fit when you get back in/repeat, plus it is kind of a struggle trying to reach the radio/glovebox/anything. At least I would have to unbuckle every time.

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Paul B's Avatar
    Drives
    White NA Miata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,496 Times in 575 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryB View Post
    Nothing safety related really, just a matter of personal preference. I find it a bit of a struggle to get them on/tighten them properly/drive/take them off/make them loose so that you can fit when you get back in/repeat, plus it is kind of a struggle trying to reach the radio/glovebox/anything. At least I would have to unbuckle every time.
    I know for safety I always felt safer with the Willans on than I do the 25 yr old worn, faded belts. It does present a challenge sometimes to get buckled / unbuckled and reach the glovebox but I can reach radio just fine. Long arms help lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12