Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hard Top

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Thanks Given

Hard Top

Well with all the snow and rain were having in Scotland at the moment more of us are turning to our hard tops for some extra warmth . But as you know just when you have it fitted the sun decides to come out .
    Typical uk weather.

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch miata5620's Avatar
    Drives
    1999 10th AE
    Thanks Given
    Since I had my top painted to match the car, over a yr ago, I think it has only come off the car a handful of times most of them being so I could work on the interior of the car and have more space. I think I have only taken it off for 2 drives and those were both because my wife wanted the top down.

Idling - Listen to it purr... bovaco's Avatar
    Drives
    90 Red
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by markcher View Post
    Well with all the snow and rain were having in Scotland at the moment more of us are turning to our hard tops for some extra warmth . But as you know just when you have it fitted the sun decides to come out .
    Typical uk weather.

Where about in Scotland ? My wife is from Gala so we visit her family quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by miata5620 View Post
    Since I had my top painted to match the car, over a yr ago, I think it has only come off the car a handful of times most of them being so I could work on the interior of the car and have more space. I think I have only taken it off for 2 drives and those were both because my wife wanted the top down.
    I can relate, I prefer to leave my hard top on.

Thanks Given
    Hi near Glasgow , give me a shout when your coming over and we can have a meet up.

Drives
    1999 10th AE
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by bovaco View Post
    I can relate, I prefer to leave my hard top on.
    Yeah I think the car looks nicer with the top on and while driving with the top down/ off is nice I really only car to do it if the weather really nice.

Idling - Listen to it purr... dropped top's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Here in Florida I see no reason for a hardtop. We have some days that is does get cold but in a day or two the temps are back up there and its time to drop the top again. I am always baffled when one of our local members purchases a hardtop and removes the ragtop on installation. I enjoy the top down so much. I guess that not everyone does.
    dropped top - winning blue '06 5MT

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! The Driver's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 Montego Blue Leather Package + 5 Speed = Torsen II
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by dropped top View Post
    Here in Florida I see no reason for a hardtop. We have some days that is does get cold but in a day or two the temps are back up there and its time to drop the top again. I am always baffled when one of our local members purchases a hardtop and removes the ragtop on installation. I enjoy the top down so much. I guess that not everyone does.
    To avoid baking like a cookie during the July through September... I'm from Tampa, I know what I'm talking about!
    96 Montego, replacing a 95M... I miss: My running peeps in Tampa, running barefoot @ Clearwater Beach and First Choice BBQ, in Brandon. In So Cal I miss: The Malibu Canyons, CA 33 and In & Out Burgers ! I'm from Tampa, if I was from Tampa Bay, I'd be a fish!

Drives
    1999 10th AE
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by dropped top View Post
    I see no reason for a hardtop.
    Well I used to think that myself and always said I would never pay the $750-$1200 price tag to get one but then I got my hardtop for FREE and feel in love with it on the car especially once my friend painted it for me.
    1999 10th AE 5620/7500 It's stock...ish

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by miata5620 View Post
    Well I used to think that myself and always said I would never pay the $750-$1200 price tag to get one but then I got my hardtop for FREE and feel in love with it on the car especially once my friend painted it for me.
    i need to find myself a deal like that...

it's 15 degrees this morning w/ snow on the ground and i've got my oem drafty soft top on the 94 haha
    2005 Mazdaspeed Miata - Lava Orange #225
    1994 Mazda Miata - Black B Package

Thanks Given
    definitely need a hardtop here in seattle.

Thanks Given
    put the hardtop on at thanksgiving, take it off the end of march. sure civilizes the little unit when it's on.

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! The Driver's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 Montego Blue Leather Package + 5 Speed = Torsen II
    Thanks Given
    I won't get rid of mine, but I H8 my hardtop. Can't wait for the weather to cooperate, and to have a garage so that I can remove it. I wan't my Miata back!
    96 Montego, replacing a 95M... I miss: My running peeps in Tampa, running barefoot @ Clearwater Beach and First Choice BBQ, in Brandon. In So Cal I miss: The Malibu Canyons, CA 33 and In & Out Burgers ! I'm from Tampa, if I was from Tampa Bay, I'd be a fish!

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone concealer404's Avatar
    Drives
    1990 Mazda MXSex GT Tarbo - faster than what you've got.
    Thanks Given
    I've decided that i really don't like convertibles. Can't wait to find a hardtop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
    One thing I’ve noticed over the years is that if you drive into London at 6am, half of the cars on the roads are Porsches and Astons. Whereas if you go in at ten to nine, they’re all Renaults. Simple solution, then. You want a nice car? Get up earlier and do more work.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! adamvanxxx's Avatar
    Drives
    Beat NA
    Thanks Given
    Miatas are better with a HT.

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift I<3flippyheadlights's Avatar
    Drives
    1990 Spirited Green Miata!
    Thanks Given
    I think if I owned one, it would go on for car shows or events where I have to dress it up. Miatas really do look great with a hard top, but it just doesn't seem practical. (for florida at least) I love the heat and I don't mind getting a tan when I drive. In fact I'm working out not for a beach body, but for a dropped top body
    1990 Miata, she was red but now she is Spirit Green!

http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....d-a-love-story <--- build thread!

Also check out the facebook page http://www.facebook.com/IHeartFlippyHeadlights !!! Its a facebook page dedicated to the awesomeness which is flippyheadlights! Not me, but the actual headlights! High time someone noticed how awesome these things are; check it out!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast