Thread: Cars, Coffee and California...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift oldgrayleather's Avatar
    Drives
    '90 Mariner, '92 SB, '91 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,787 Times in 946 Posts
    I got a text from Kev with an invite to an early June photoshoot in the darkest reaches of DTLA. RedDotSpeed wanted to assemble some of their 510 friends and were interested in having a smattering of roadsters to join in. Another 6am weekend departure to somewhere I hadn't been with other car nuts sounded just about perfect, right?

Pretty sure I was the first car there and was very certain I messed up the address but slowly some absolutely stunning and very well loved 510’s started rolling in – coupes, sedans, wagons. And what a delight it was to see…

Vu doubled the Roadster count…

And then tripled with Kevin

Such a fantastic backdrop for a few hours of shooing…

The best part of if it all was connecting with a whole new group of passionate owners and hearing their stories about what got them in to the car scene, what fueled their passion, how they found their cars, the ones that got away, etc. Perhaps there’s a universal spark from groups that fell in love with a marque that had its own unique charm even if it's cache wasn’t universally appreciated. Who knows but I'm pretty sure we all had a blast...

And the only way to really wrap up a morning like that was a drive over to Philippe The Original for lunch. Clearly there’s a reason they’ve been famous for their French Dip sandwiches since 1908!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to oldgrayleather For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (11-03-2021),HarryB (10-20-2021),JamieH (10-22-2021),Roadster7 (10-20-2021),speedypenguin (10-22-2021)