Thread: My NA8 Pit Crew Racing Roadster Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Idling - Listen to it purr... Delboy's Avatar
    Drives
    Spoilt for choice
    Thanks Given

My NA8 Pit Crew Racing Roadster Build

So we begin with my car, which if not for some like minded enthusiast/mildly excessive car hoarders would never have seen British soil, Namely James aka Madaboutmx5 and Russell aka Vindi. Now the story goes that James found the car on a online Japanese car auction, and proceeded to purchase the car with the intention of removing a few choice bits for his own car (owning a pit crew himself) now why this may seem crazy to some, it must be understood that certain parts are extremely hard to obtain, and to get them it is not unusual for someone to buy a car just for certain parts, Even if it is the other side of the world! The user name madaboutmx5’s certainly rings true.

It was during the Time the car was being shipped I believe James contacted Russell, a friend and fellow enthusiast with a view to purchase the car. Having meet Russell before and followed his build threads it was no surprise to me that he took the opportunity to own such a car. When something like this comes available you act now and worry about the wife later.

It was at this point I first heard of the car after a thread on mx5nutz, and even got to see pictures of it sat at the docs in Japan prior to shipping.

It was established the car is fitted with a plethora of rare parts some I never even new existed myself. It was obviously in need of some cosmetic fiberglass repairs, but that didn’t matter I was immensely jealous of his new purchase. It is understood prior to this car only 2 other full pit crew’s exist in the UK, madaboutmx5 owns one, a very well sorted and highly regarded Black car and I believe his friend owns the other a Red car that’s just recently been recommissioned back onto the road.

Both cracking examples!
    spoilt for choice
    › to be unable to choose because there are so many possible good choices

My NA8 Pit Crew Build

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Delboy For This Useful Post:

90blue (12-14-2015),91BRG (11-23-2015),Cermivelli (11-24-2015),Dandy (11-24-2015),Fishbulb (11-24-2015),Greasemonkey2000 (11-23-2015),oldgrayleather (11-23-2015),This is a Lamp (11-23-2015),tsingson (11-24-2015),vindi49 (11-24-2015)