Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    5,000 rpm - there be torque here! WASABI's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 British Racing Green
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,464 Times in 795 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipstreem View Post
    Hello and welcome!... BRGs are slowly taking over this forum...
    Quote Originally Posted by tsingson View Post
    Yeah. I have seen quite a bit of them popping up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatmiata View Post
    welcome to the forum... Lots of 91 BRG owners here
    I can't say that this is a bad thing.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Corifto's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,468 Times in 526 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandy View Post
    I think the number plaque is an aftermarket thing enthusiasts have added, so it's not really "missing."
    Correct. You can order them.

Quote Originally Posted by Miata.net Registry List
    1991 BRG. Quantity 4000, Factory sequenced. Don Diget (dlmldiget@gmail.com), 7767 Schooner Lane, Stanwood, MI 49346. There are no fees or other costs for registering your BRG-SE in the Registry. Blank dash badges: Linda Price (price.linda@comcast.net), (253) 564-2616.

They have the original number sets for the BRG Registry, and can register your car and Linda can sell you the plaque. I believe it's ~$50, and you have to have it engraved yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ctsquid View Post
    My overall plans are to have a fun to drive retro weekend cruiser. I get excited about rare parts as much as most of you guys do and absolutely will not put any cheap replica parts on this car.

Id like to eventually do some sort of forced induction but haven't decided between a supercharger or a turbocharger. With a whp goal of around 250, I'm leaning towards an FMII setup, and forged internals.

I want a suspension set up that will keep me nice and planted, but one that won't rattle my teeth out. I'm looking at Feal coilovers. Feal revalved a set of STI struts for my Forester XT a few years ago and I was very happy with their work.

Good plans. Basically what I eventually want with mine. I'm on BC coils with their extreme drop package and custom 10k/6k spring rates. They ride quite well.

Shame on those fenders. I'd have a near perfect Driver side for you but it decided to crack. If you need other BRG specific stuff I might have it. Just parted out #1793. I have the side mirrors, hood hinges, some plastics, seatbelts, and a good bit of other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by WASABI View Post
    I can't say that this is a bad thing.

There are literally dozens of us!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Corifto For This Useful Post:

WASABI (03-12-2016)