Thread: MATG XX - July 28-31 2016

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Rogue's Avatar
    Drives
    93LE #737, 93LE #783, 92BnT, 95M, 90A and now a 97PEP
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by kung fu jesus View Post
    I remember the first time I drove down, I was coming in from west Michigan. I linked up with another pair of Miatas and started the drive down. We left early in the morning, about 5am, and passed a few heavy downpours. I also had the top down as I was nearly passing a semi whose rear tire exploded on I-75. By the time we reached the exit near Knoxville, I was already pretty beat and wanted out of the car. The lead Miata knew the roads pretty well and as soon as we reached the turnout at the bottom of the Dragon, the lead car took off hell-bent for leather. So, my first drive on TotD was while I was exhausted, pounding headache and pissed because I just wanted out of the car and now I had all these corners to deal with. When we reached the CRoT, I found the rest of my party and those we were sharing a house with. Those 10 minutes outside the car were great. Then I had to follow them tearing through the 28 to get to our rental. Pissed again, I was given a cold beer after plopping down on the deck outside and had time to relax for a few moments. The driver on that lead car is now my wife.
    So thats why, I thought you were just an ass! ;)
    Good times…Sure miss them, and most of y'all.
    1992 BnT, 93LE #737, 94M, 95M, 96M, 97PEP, and a few 90s

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rogue For This Useful Post:

kung fu jesus (03-31-2016)