Thread: 1991 BRG SE #225. 53Kmiles. Manual. Hardtop & Accessories.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power MLambert19's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 LS3 R.I.P. 1990 Donor Chassis in Progress!
    Thanks Given

1991 BRG SE #225. 53Kmiles. Manual. Hardtop & Accessories.

So, a car popped up for sale in the Northeast that has my attention. I'm unfortunately double-mortgaged and in mid-project on the '91 BRG. I have lots of parts to freshen it up, most of them being high quality, nearly all of them uninstalled as of now. The BRG has a FM2.5 suspenion that I'd be returning to stock, and a set of Tein coilovers could be included in the sale (after purchase of other car, which I'd be putting 2.5 onto). Has FM Frame Rails installed, which I may leave, or pull off and put bolts through for future owner to install. Rails are decent, I installed FM braces as a preventative measure and to stiffen the car.

1991 BRG #225. Hardtop included, manual. Factory black top and plastic window are excellent. Has 53,xxx miles. Has factory tonneau and boot cover - both tan. Driver's side bolster is worn through, and has a number of minor dings and scratches. I have new brakes (Centric rotors, Hawk pads), along with all fluids, a new OE radiator, clutch master and slave, fuel filter, among other bits. Car is complete, and solid. No rust in fenders or elsewhere, all VIN tags intact. It does have a respray from previous owner, and while paint isn't excellent, I hope to make it presentable with polishing and wax.

That's a lot of rambling, I know. I'm just wondering what people think I may be able to get, and potentially, what my best strategy for selling the car is (Leave FM rails, remove them? Sell the car with a trunk full of maintenance parts, or get them all installed, etc.).

I'd like to think it's worth $6500, but what does everyone here think? Thanks for the input, -Matt

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    I won't comment on price until I see it, but if you remove the FM rails, you have a LOT of holes to fill. I would leave them. I prefer being dead honest about cars I send to new owners. The more records, maintenance you have performed, the better price you can command. So, a few hours of wrenching can pay off.

I also point out all the flaws so there are fewer tire kickers and long phone calls from people experienced with the car. It cuts out the BS haggling.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kung fu jesus For This Useful Post:

Demon I Am (03-30-2016)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Thanks for the input. I guess, for now, I'll continue with chassis mods and maintenance items, and at least drive the car this summer. I think between two homes, 50+ hour weeks, and the complexity of some of the mods I had planned, I just got overwhelmed with the car.

I'll sell off a few things, seek a little assistance for the Torsen Swap and clutch work, and drive it N/A for the summer. On that note, it snowed again here yesterday, so I guess I still have time.

-Matt

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! WASABI's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 British Racing Green
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,464 Times in 795 Posts
    Matt,

Let's plan on meeting up sometime to work on and drive our cars.

I can take a look at your car and give you my thoughts too.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to WASABI For This Useful Post:

MLambert19 (04-12-2016)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Jim, I appreciate it. Just looked it up, you're almost exactly 3 hours away. 170 miles, not terrible, considering.

How much time would a TB/WP/Radiator/Belts & Hoses job take? Name your favorite brew/bottle and let's figure out a date that works...

I've got a local guy helping me with the Torsen, Clutch, and Brakes. Hoping to get that knocked out next week so I can start driving the car again.