Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ordered my Engine Rebuild Kit

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Meow's Avatar
    Drives
    1990 Mars Red Miata
    Thanks Given
    will continue to search then. I've contemplated getting another 1.6 engine for a spare, so i'll most likely be looking into that. North Carolina doesn't offer much in the lines of engines and whatnot. and I cant seem to trust those "JDM" engine sites what so ever. My best bet I guess is to look into maybe second chance roadster (although shipping would be a killer price). Well... Thanks for the info & suggestions

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    Planet Miata is closer to Charlotte than SecondChance, though I recommend SecondChance.

You might be amazed what you find on craigslist or classifieds. There are a LOT of Miata owners and racers between Raleigh and Atlanta.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Meow's Avatar
    Drives
    1990 Mars Red Miata
    Thanks Given
    yeah i've been scouring Craigslist for about a month now on any part outs with engines, or even just a cheap 93< na. But it's been coming up empty. Apex, NC always seems to have plenty of roadsters come through there, but by the time the ad hits craigslist the good stuff is gone.

+94 is stupid easy to find

But i've already invested in MSPNP for the 1.6 and various other parts, which is why i haven't decided to do the 1.8 swap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12