Thread: How my 2016 Mazda Miata MX-5 has ruined cars for me (Read last paragraph first long).

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    2016 Miata
    Thanks Given
    Yes that's the spot. It is really obvious what is occurring, basically when the top is down in the plastic storage area the top rubs up against itself. I think something must be a little out of alignment because there isn't a whole lot of room in that car to begin with. After reading around the forums though I can find about 10 people who have had the same issue. 5 where they replaced the top. It is more than frustrating to first have Mazda pawn the issue off on me, then find out it is happening to others and they were lying to me. Both the lady I spoke with from Mazdacare and my Service Adviser said there was only one other car in the country with the same issue. This is a Mazda issue too, I feel like the dealership could be more proactive but they aren't the ones denying there is a problem basically Mazda has just kept me waiting for 2 months now while they "look" into it. I am beginning to think they are doing it on purpose because it has cost over 3k every time they have to replace the top, if the car kept having the same problem it has been having and they fixed it in a timely manner it would be on it's 4th top.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smyb1953 For This Useful Post:

HarryB (04-14-2016),tsingson (04-14-2016)