Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Idling - Listen to it purr... ztfoss's Avatar
    Drives
    1990 Red
    Thanks Given

Strawberries 'N Creme

Hey guys!
    Just picked up my second miata to 'ruin'.

My first started in the summer of 2014, was a 1992 Sunburst Yellow with 158k. I purchased it off a man who was 84 years old and sold me it because 'he could fit his archery bow in the trunk'
    So this is what became of that car.

But things came up and i sold it stupidly over my Mk2 golf i had at the time aswell.

BUT! im extremely happy i just picked up this one.
    1990 109k, 1 owner, and came with a hardtop.
    Picked it up in Derry, NH at Expoline Auto. Great guys over there and they have a bunch of miatas and any part you could ever imagine. They use to race Spec but have taken a recent break from what I understand.

This is just a place for me to basically document my so called build and see where it goes over time. Lot of ideas in my head but no idea where this one is going to go.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ztfoss For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (04-20-2015),Phatmiata (03-10-2015)

Drives
    1990 Red
    Thanks Given
    First thing I did was attack the Valve cover leak that was happening and the cracked coilpack bracket. So I brakleened everything and decided to paint the valve cover with bedliner coating to give it that wrinkle kind of feeling and going to do white lettering but I have to wait for the paint to dry then there will be more pictures posted of it after the fact.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ztfoss For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (04-20-2015),fwdtamiya (04-19-2015),Phatmiata (03-10-2015)

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    Welcome! Do you have 2 miatas then? Or did you sell the yellow one??

Drives
    1990 Red
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatmiata View Post
    Welcome! Do you have 2 miatas then? Or did you sell the yellow one??
    I ended up selling the yellow out of pure stupidity because at the time I also had a mk2 golf that I thought i would like better. Was wrong. it broke way too much for my liking and only owned it a short period of time.

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,545 Posts
    First pict is kind of sad. I'm holding out 'til the very end before I get a Hoveround. I mean, it would have to be court-ordered.

No todo que es oro brilla.

Drives
    1990 Red
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    First pict is kind of sad. I'm holding out 'til the very end before I get a Hoveround. I mean, it would have to be court-ordered.
    Haha the guy was awesome, had a British accent and was telling us how he has had mg midgets and everything cause he loves his convertibles. So he now has a sebring so him and the wife go to the range lol

Drives
    1990 Red
    Thanks Given
    3/21/15 Update.
    Car was put back together after getting a new pcv valve and valve gasket, then I also replaced the coilpack bracket since the previous one was tack welded together. Once we got the firing order correct it fired right up and drove perfect. Did the valve cover with Truck bed liner and a paint pen, not too shabby, but i will probably be picking up another cover just to get powdercoated once I do more to the bay. But for now it works, next thing to tackle is the Master and slave clutch cylinders. Its hard to drive it when it barely engages and shifting takes ages so i dont ride the clutch. Hopefully thats all it is.

Sorry this thread will probably be very image heavy...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ztfoss For This Useful Post:

fwdtamiya (04-19-2015),Phatmiata (05-20-2015)

Drives
    1990 Red
    Thanks Given
    Purchased a quick release and hub that came with a steering wheel. but im over the wood grain I think since I had it on my last miata, So its up for sale or trade for something leather. 355m Grant #704 for $150.

Not much besides fixing the Clutch master and slave. next is to rebuild shifter schtuffs.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ztfoss For This Useful Post:

fwdtamiya (04-19-2015)

Drives
    1990 Red
    Thanks Given
    So I broke down and bought coils before actually decided the plans for the car haha.
    Went with BC Racing coilovers, same as my sunburst, with 8k/10k rates that they come with.
    Currently just rolling around on stocks still but looking at just running 15x9 0 offset rota grids for this season, then raising it, turbo, and actually putting it to use besides being a stance kid. but only time will tell.

Drives
    1991 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,435 Times in 1,506 Posts
    I liked peaches and cream more! I hope strawberries and cream turns out just as good, I really liked those three spokes.

Drives
    Grey NA Clubman
    Thanks Given
    Great photos Sadie.
    The yellow car turned out great with the white tri-spokes. Well done.
    Welcome to the forum, I'm looking forward to updates.

Drives
    1990 Red
    Thanks Given
    Alright big update.
    and sure to bring hate. but stay away if you dont like slammed cars for now. Its not worth both of our time wasted reading and posting.

I got my wheels finally and the tires from the trispokes back from my girlfriend since she went for a different tire on them
    The wheels are 15x9 0 offset Rota Grids. basically just a place holder for this season so I can save up and worry about other things. Ignore the bent plate and exhaust tip, both are gone.... but the underglow is still there haha!
    No pictures currently, but I purchased a used leather with red stitching Personal steering wheel. By far my favorite wheel ive owned. Isnt saying much since ive only owned a grip royal, grant, and a NRG haha.

Next is to find a new front bumper or send this one to get redone correctly and permentaly. Ive heard multiple times from many people that just heating and pushing the dimples out doesnt stay and they just reform in the sun after awhile. After having such a clean yellow I want this to be the same. Tis why I am also getting rid of the red. I have a Vinyl wrap coming that I will be doing myself. The color is Avery's Green Emerald Metallic Pearl.
    ...so its no longer strawberries and creme. For Now! ultimate goal would still like to incorporate red and white/creme in a way either it be wheels and body or vice versa.
    The color change either ways is gonna be really nice for me since I strongly dislike the quality of paint that is on the car right now.
    Ofcourse my girlfriends pictures dont do the car justice. It looks way worse in person then here in pictures.
    Also she actually just picked up parts for me on her way home from work this evening, hardtop spolier, another finish panel, and some side mirrors since I never particually liked the older years versions and mine are just cracks and faded. But atleast theyre blue glass.... im gonna miss that.

Maybe not as big of an update as I would have liked but soon there will be another couple posts of the wrap job and then just plan on driving it and traveling new england with friends to shows.
    if you wnat follow my instagram, i post probably once a day or so. @ztfoss

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ztfoss For This Useful Post:

bslkendall (07-30-2015),Paul B (05-20-2015),Phatmiata (05-20-2015),tsingson (05-20-2015),WASABI (05-19-2015)

Drives
    Grey NA Clubman
    Thanks Given
    Looks great! Love the photos.
    Showing us how hard it is to keep white wheels clean.
    My local plastic bumper repairer has a big vat of hot liquid (maybe water) that he puts the bumpers in that he says is to lose the memory of the dent. I'd go to a quality repairer first. It'd certainly be better if the car retained all the stock color, even if you're going to wrap it

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,332 Posts
    No hate here man. All are accepted and to me, your car is looking nice with the Grids on.

Drives
    1990 Red
    Thanks Given
    A quick one

I got a couple new things. just an ebay spolier for the hardtop, started wrapping the car, shift knob, oem cupholder, fabric for my doorcars, carpet for the dash, visor delete plates, new plate tub, and my favorite part is my new side mirrors. Theyre the power ones cut and modified the mounts underneath to fit my manual doors. something so simple yet different and better in my eyes.

and random pics...

oh also got garagestar frame rails covers and a skid plate going on this week or weekend. will probably have some pictures of that installation going up aswell.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ztfoss For This Useful Post:

Demon I Am (05-27-2015)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast