Thread: Xidas Q&A

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! OBD1 kenobi's Avatar
    Drives
    1994 black miata
    Thanks Given

Xidas Q&A

Hello guys/gals. Im currently saving pennies to do a total suspension overhaul. My '94 more likely than not has its original suspension. I have been reading everything I can about different suspension set ups and I keep coming back to Xidas. Im still not a 100% certain of what way to go but I decided to ask here in the forum for anyone with this set up to help ask and answer questions related to Xidas. My purpose is not to start another "what suspension settings should I use" or "how do xidas compare to..." As I understand those are questions with many variables and dependent on personal preference but if those should arise, I gather the information will benefit anybody researching them now and in the future.

I know that Adam (revlimiter) did an excellent review on them as usual with his own enjoyable style. But other than his take, my web searches have netted me rather old vague reviews. So, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lastly, why Im asking this now? Because Im very close to being able to afford something like Xidas and father's day is around the corner :-) I usually dont care much about father's day gifts but if I can persuade the Mrs Obd1 kenobi, why not?

Currently 949 racing has a starting price for NA miata xidas of $1699, you can add NB top hats (+$100), double springs (+$220) and so forth. If I go with Xidas, I will definitely need the NB top hats, but what about the double springs? What are the benefits of adding those? Please excuse my ignorance at that. I promise I am going to research that too. But I felt, I needed to ask that first question to start the ball rolling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OBD1 kenobi For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (05-31-2016),Slampen (05-30-2016),tsingson (05-30-2016)